Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 225 of 360
Like Tree239Likes
  1. #201  
    rexxman's Avatar

    Posts
    195 Posts
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

    Default Re: What can the new iphone 5 do better than the Note 2?

    Quote Originally Posted by toilet-handle View Post
    Actually broke the back cover on my GS3 in a month and a half
    Noting your name, why am I not surprised?

    Just joking Mr Handle.

    Actually, how did it happen?

    Blue 32gb Galaxy S3
  2. #202  

    Default Re: What can the new iphone 5 do better than the Note 2?

    The iPhone 5 along with all recent iPhones have always excelled in picture reproduction, excellent camera lens and colour management.
    That along with maybe the slickest and smoothest UI's , with transitions between pages lag free, the number of apps that appear on iOS first and the willingness of businesses and services world wide of adapting to iOS initially The iPhone 5 is a strong contender and I would have no hesitation in recommending one if asked (If I believed it was best suited to that individuals needs) ......

    However with the Note II you have a beast of a machine that can be as simple or complicated as you would like
    The many added features, customisations available to everyone straight out of the box, Samsung's additional features including the multi screens, S-Pen, large screen, expandable memory, a super fast Quadcore processor with 2Gb RAM.

    Personally it would have to be the Note II for me and for anyone who accepts in life that all products have to be learnt, cameras, cars, TV all these things we accept that there will be a learning curve and so the same applies to smartphones, after all these are now genuine mini computers. So ease of use is almost like comparing a Fisher Price toy computer to a real one.

    Today the vote goes to Note II

    But in answer to the OP the optics IMO are better on the iPhone 5 and fluidity of UI
    Nexus 5, Nexus 4, Tegra Note 7
    Galaxy Nexus (For my Flashaholic cravings)
    Thanked by 2:
    gadgetman#CB and TomsAndroid like this.
  3. #203  
    Johnly's Avatar

    Posts
    7,520 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,566 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

    Default Re: What can the new iphone 5 do better than the Note 2?

    Quote Originally Posted by masterpfa View Post
    The iPhone 5 along with all recent iPhones have always excelled in picture reproduction, excellent camera lens and colour management.
    That along with maybe the slickest and smoothest UI's , with transitions between pages lag free, the number of apps that appear on iOS first and the willingness of businesses and services world wide of adapting to iOS initially The iPhone 5 is a strong contender and I would have no hesitation in recommending one if asked (If I believed it was best suited to that individuals needs) ......

    However with the Note II you have a beast of a machine that can be as simple or complicated as you would like
    The many added features, customisations available to everyone straight out of the box, Samsung's additional features including the multi screens, S-Pen, large screen, expandable memory, a super fast Quadcore processor with 2Gb RAM.

    Personally it would have to be the Note II for me and for anyone who accepts in life that all products have to be learnt, cameras, cars, TV all these things we accept that there will be a learning curve and so the same applies to smartphones, after all these are now genuine mini computers. So ease of use is almost like comparing a Fisher Price toy computer to a real one.

    Today the vote goes to Note II

    But in answer to the OP the optics IMO are better on the iPhone 5 and fluidity of UI
    Great post. I never had a lag free iphone. They choked and crashed to. In fact iOS is great at hiding them. I also find the fluidity of the note matches the iphone. I believe the optics are so close between the devices, that you could get a great pic no matter what. It would probably come down to knowing a few settings, and that is it. I almost thought I missed my iphone, with your post, but then I remembered how imperfect it actually was.

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    TomsAndroid likes this.
  4. #204  

    Default Re: What can the new iphone 5 do better than the Note 2?

    Quote Originally Posted by kennethkilo View Post
    The big thing and the only thing about iPhones is the better feel. I can say without a doubt that the device feels better in hand despite it being easier to scratch etc. No one can really say otherwise that the plastic feels better than the matte aluminum. The better feel also is contributed by the many cases that they have. For example the Note 2 does not have element cases and I, for one, think this is a big thing. I'm a huge show off and would consider changing back to the iPhone just because I can get the 200$ element case. ( Seriously )
    Everything you wrote is just opinion. Not fact. I don't like the feel of an iphone. Also the plastic of the Sammy is irrelevant to me. My phone sits in a thin leather like case anyway. I hate iphones on every level and we have over 11 ipods here. ...

    Sent from Note 2
    Samsung Note 2 and Gear 2
    Johnly and TomsAndroid like this.
  5. #205  

    Default Re: What can the new iphone 5 do better than the Note 2?

    Quote Originally Posted by masterpfa View Post
    ...The iPhone 5...maybe the slickest and smoothest UI's , with transitions between pages lag free...
    I have an iPad (not an iPhone but close) and neither the UI of iOS, or apps seems superior to what I see on the Note II. Also I see no lag between the page transitions of the Note II Touch Wiz UI or between those of Android apps (native or downloaded). In fact nearly all transitions are super quick and snappy.
    Thanked by:
    1812dave and TomsAndroid like this.
  6. #206  

    Default Re: What can the new iphone 5 do better than the Note 2?

    Quote Originally Posted by masterpfa View Post
    The iPhone 5 along with all recent iPhones have always excelled in picture reproduction, excellent camera lens and colour management.
    That along with maybe the slickest and smoothest UI's , with transitions between pages lag free, the number of apps that appear on iOS first and the willingness of businesses and services world wide of adapting to iOS initially The iPhone 5 is a strong contender and I would have no hesitation in recommending one if asked (If I believed it was best suited to that individuals needs) ......

    However with the Note II you have a beast of a machine that can be as simple or complicated as you would like
    The many added features, customisations available to everyone straight out of the box, Samsung's additional features including the multi screens, S-Pen, large screen, expandable memory, a super fast Quadcore processor with 2Gb RAM.

    Personally it would have to be the Note II for me and for anyone who accepts in life that all products have to be learnt, cameras, cars, TV all these things we accept that there will be a learning curve and so the same applies to smartphones, after all these are now genuine mini computers. So ease of use is almost like comparing a Fisher Price toy computer to a real one.

    Today the vote goes to Note II

    But in answer to the OP the optics IMO are better on the iPhone 5 and fluidity of UI
    I agree with most of this except for lag free and smooth. My iPhone 4 was laggy as hell and the messaging app always crashed. My DNA is worlds better.

    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
    1812dave and TomsAndroid like this.
  7. #207  

    Default Re: What can the new iphone 5 do better than the Note 2?

    Quote Originally Posted by universeand View Post
    I have an iPad (not an iPhone but close) and neither the UI of iOS, or apps seems superior to what I see on the Note II. Also I see no lag between the page transitions of the Note II Touch Wiz UI or between those of Android apps (native or downloaded). In fact nearly all transitions are super quick and snappy.
    Most apple fans like to claim iOS and it's apps are smoother when that hasn't been true for a while.

    Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums
  8. #208  

    Default Re: What can the new iphone 5 do better than the Note 2?

    Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    do you mean for backing up your phone?

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    No, I mean like how you can take a picture or note on one device and it'll show up on all your other devices as well.
  9. #209  
    Darth Spock's Avatar

    Posts
    6,394 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,435 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

    Default Re: What can the new iphone 5 do better than the Note 2?

    Quote Originally Posted by joshuapingley View Post
    No, I mean like how you can take a picture or note on one device and it'll show up on all your other devices as well.
    That does happen with Android as well. Photos through Google +, notes through Evernote.
    Thanked by:
    TomsAndroid likes this.
  10. #210  
    nrm5110's Avatar

    Posts
    815 Posts
    Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

    Default Re: What can the new iphone 5 do better than the Note 2?

    Quote Originally Posted by joshuapingley View Post
    No, I mean like how you can take a picture or note on one device and it'll show up on all your other devices as well.
    Dropbox or any other cloud on android does the same thing.

    Sent from my refrigerator
    Thanked by:
    1812dave likes this.
  11. #211  

    Default Re: What can the new iphone 5 do better than the Note 2?

    Quote Originally Posted by nrm5110 View Post
    Dropbox or any other cloud on android does the same thing.

    Sent from my refrigerator
    Ooooooooh, good to know! Thanks
  12. #212  

    Default Re: What can the new iphone 5 do better than the Note 2?

    Also try to check out SugarSync for a good cross platform file solution.

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    Ridin' a Note 2 blast
  13. #213  
    badbrad17's Avatar

    Posts
    3,284 Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

    Default Re: What can the new iphone 5 do better than the Note 2?

    Quote Originally Posted by joshuapingley View Post
    No, I mean like how you can take a picture or note on one device and it'll show up on all your other devices as well.
    Dropbox or Google drive does that.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
  14. #214  
    Mellimel22's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    2,466 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

    Default Re: What can the new iphone 5 do better than the Note 2?

    Yeah that's Google+

    Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2
  15. #215  
    Johnly's Avatar

    Posts
    7,520 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,566 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

    Default Re: What can the new iphone 5 do better than the Note 2?

    So it is clear. After reading this thread, all points made, the i5 can't do a Damn thing better. What a shame. Poor applications.
    Thanked by:
  16. #216  

    Default Re: What can the new iphone 5 do better than the Note 2?

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnly View Post
    So it is clear. After reading this thread, all points made, the i5 can't do a Damn thing better. What a shame. Poor applications.
    I think it was clear before this topic was made too. :P

    Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
  17. #217  
    Johnly's Avatar

    Posts
    7,520 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,566 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

    Default Re: What can the new iphone 5 do better than the Note 2?

    Quote Originally Posted by xlDeMoNiClx View Post
    I think it was clear before this topic was made too. :P

    Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums
    True

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    Darth Spock likes this.
  18. #218  

    Default Re: What can the new iphone 5 do better than the Note 2?

    People who honestly (but mistakenly) believe that iOS and Apple provide the "better" phone are simply living in the past...about 2 years ago. The Note 2 is so much more versatile. In fact, the average Android phone from the last year or so is more versatile. And apps? good grief, essentially ALL the major/popular apps are available on Android but I'm not going to get into a mired-down discussion about "well the android version of app "x" sucks compared to the iOS version". That may be true here and there, but when one compares the TOTAL experience of an Android phone to the Jesus phone, it's hard to make a valid case that the Jesus phone is better. seriously.
    Samsung Note 2 and Gear 2
    Thanked by 2:
    Darth Spock and TomsAndroid like this.
  19. #219  

    Default Re: What can the new iphone 5 do better than the Note 2?

    Quote Originally Posted by dave1812 View Post
    People who honestly (but mistakenly) believe that iOS and Apple provide the "better" phone are simply living in the past...about 2 years ago. The Note 2 is so much more versatile. In fact, the average Android phone from the last year or so is more versatile. And apps? good grief, essentially ALL the major/popular apps are available on Android but I'm not going to get into a mired-down discussion about "well the android version of app "x" sucks compared to the iOS version". That may be true here and there, but when one compares the TOTAL experience of an Android phone to the Jesus phone, it's hard to make a valid case that the Jesus phone is better. seriously.
    I remember when Instagram came to Android, the iphone users got SOOOOO passed off. I laughed so hard.

    Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    1812dave, raziel and Darth Spock like this.
  20. #220  

    Default Re: What can the new iphone 5 do better than the Note 2?

    Just picked up a brand new Nexus 4. This phone is nice. I think I found and Android winner. The keyboard is easy to type on. I got a deal for $260 for the 16 GB. Using it with Att. It feels nice.
  21. #221  
    jollydogg's Avatar

    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts

    Default Re: What can the new iphone 5 do better than the Note 2?

    Quote Originally Posted by NothingIsTrue View Post
    I'm sure I misunderstood the question, but did you mean "What can the iPhone 7 do better?" Because in terms of hardware and software, in the iPhone 5, Apple is approximately up to speed with where Samsung and Android were on the Galaxy S2. The Note 2 is so far more advanced you're comparing a beer (Apple) to a great aged scotch (Android). Yes, beer is good and serves the purpose, but if they are the same price or if for some reason the Scotch was cheaper, unless you REALLY LIKE BEER or REALLY HATE SCOTCH, most would choose the Scotch. I doubt Apple will catch up the hardware of the Note 2 for at least 2 years, and they've shown no initiative in catching up in the feature sets of Touchwiz or Android in any recent version of iOS.
    Um....what if you like beer AND scotch in conjunction with each other, and both in copious amounts?
    Darth Spock likes this.
  22. #222  

    Default Re: What can the new iphone 5 do better than the Note 2?

    Quote Originally Posted by jollydogg View Post
    Um....what if you like beer AND scotch in conjunction with each other, and both in copious amounts?
    Then you'll buy an iphone and regret it in the morning ...
  23. #223  

    Default Re: What can the new iphone 5 do better than the Note 2?

    I haven't read this whole thread do please forgive me if this is a repost but, the iPhone 5 bends and stays bent better.

    Some guy used his back pocket as a case and over about two weeks or so it kinda molded to his buttocks.. it has a noticeable curve to it now.

    Sgt Jiggy "SG Note II"
  24. #224  

    Default Re: What can the new iphone 5 do better than the Note 2?

    Quote Originally Posted by sgtjiggy View Post
    I haven't read this whole thread do please forgive me if this is a repost but, the iPhone 5 bends and stays bent better.

    Some guy used his back pocket as a case and over about two weeks or so it kinda molded to his buttocks.. it has a noticeable curve to it now.

    Sgt Jiggy "SG Note II"
    I need a photo LOL!

    Tom

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
  25. #225  

    Default Re: What can the new iphone 5 do better than the Note 2?

    Quote Originally Posted by TomsAndroid View Post
    I need a photo LOL!

    Tom

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    I second this. lol
    Thanked by:
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. What phones are better than the Charge?
    By bl4ke360 in forum Verizon Droid Charge
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-25-2012, 11:08 AM
  2. Replies: 37
    Last Post: 09-18-2012, 03:25 AM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-08-2011, 11:00 AM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-27-2011, 10:13 AM
  5. 10 things Android does better than the iPhone
    By slinky317 in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-21-2010, 03:07 PM

Posting Permissions