What can the new iphone 5 do better than the Note 2?

raziel

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
My neighbor has the apple TV and loathes it. Sounds like an epic fail as I've not found someone who's happy with it.

I have it and have been very happy with it. I use stream to me and it plays all formats om 1080p perfectly. Airplay om my Mac to tv is awesome.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

raziel

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I am also using an iPhone 5 64GB and an iPad mini 32GB LTE, and this switch is very tempting. Why a spare battery? Does the Note 2 not get you through a whole day? It seems like pulling that thin back cover off on a regular basis will break it pretty quickly.

Note 2 battery goes through a whole work day and then some. I use mine heavily. Having an extra battery gives me piece of mind because I am not always in the office and sometimes travel for work.

I pop out the battery cover all the time to switch batteries and simcards and it is very durable. Also that battery cover is easily replaceable.

raziel

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I've tried and returned the Note 2 twice, really wanting to make the switch. Thinking seriously about trying again. To me, the iphone is simpler to use and "just works" , the upgrade process on Andorid, especially with Verizon is frustrating as was some of the other things. I love the screen size and was getting close to keeping it when my 14 days was drawing to a close. My girlfriend and I share reminders, I Facetime with the grandkids out of state, and I love Tweetbot and how it synchs read tweets via iCloud between my iPhone, iPad, and Macbook Air. Convince me guys, what similar Android programs will help me make the jump and stick with the Note 2, Verizon is 3 miles down the road and calling my name again.

Just stick with the iphone, seriously. If you are that wishy washy about it you are going to keep wanting to go back.

Each device suits everyone differently. If you are more comfortable with the iphone then it is definitely for you.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Facetime is a awesome feature, and Ive seen some REALLY cool ways for its use. For example, Im a registered nurse and spent some time in an acute hospice setting. There was a family who used their iPhone for facetime to make contact with their family back in Thailand and to talk to the patient, so that was pretty awesome.

I've used Facetime on my Touchs. I use Google Talk video chat. either one will work. Apple doesn't get "extra credit" for having Facetime, IMO. AAMOF, unless u have certain Apple products, you are left out of Facetime. I can chat on Google Talk from my PC or tablet, or phone...to anyone with a Google account and (drumroll) their PC, tablet or phone... So which program do YOU think has the most utility? The google product is hardware agnostic. works on a myriad of devices, including Apple. :)

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Just stick with the iphone, seriously. If you are that wishy washy about it you are going to keep wanting to go back.

Each device suits everyone differently. If you are more comfortable with the iphone then it is definitely for you.

^so much this^

chaze8

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I miss the hardware mute button. The volume controls still confuse me. Also, the keyboard/typing is easier on iOS. Otherwise I luv my N2. Like the previous poster said, the screen size makes up for it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

richard hodge

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Why is everyone saying apple is easy, my son just got an ipod and its a piece of , the touch screen only works in fits and starts and there are no ing menus or info on the bloody thing. But what really bugs me is the problems I had putting some music on it, loads of hoops to go through with that damm itunes bollocks with an android you just load the music to a chip, plug in and play. Sorry I've had a very frustrating day with the ipod

tlo07

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I've tried and returned the Note 2 twice, really wanting to make the switch. Thinking seriously about trying again. To me, the iphone is simpler to use and "just works" , the upgrade process on Andorid, especially with Verizon is frustrating as was some of the other things. I love the screen size and was getting close to keeping it when my 14 days was drawing to a close. My girlfriend and I share reminders, I Facetime with the grandkids out of state, and I love Tweetbot and how it synchs read tweets via iCloud between my iPhone, iPad, and Macbook Air. Convince me guys, what similar Android programs will help me make the jump and stick with the Note 2, Verizon is 3 miles down the road and calling my name again.

Just keep the iPhone. I've done the same thing with other phones-- try them twice and still go back to the iPhone each time. I'm going to keep my iPhone for now and hope the rumors are true about the Galaxy Note 8. I've found an iPhone and a small android tablet make a pretty good combination.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

tewest86

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Why is everyone saying apple is easy, my son just got an ipod and its a piece of , the touch screen only works in fits and starts and there are no ing menus or info on the bloody thing. But what really bugs me is the problems I had putting some music on it, loads of hoops to go through with that damm itunes bollocks with an android you just load the music to a chip, plug in and play. Sorry I've had a very frustrating day with the ipod

The menus are under settings. What's so difficult about putting the music on there? You plug it in to itunes an sync music. Itunes will find you music if you tell it to find your music. It's, at most, a 3 step process.

jhinson52

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
The menus are under settings. What's so difficult about putting the music on there? You plug it in to itunes an sync music. Itunes will find you music if you tell it to find your music. It's, at most, a 3 step process.

tewest86....Just from my short time participating in these forums, it's plain to see that you are an Apple fanboi. The bulk of the posts I see you post on are ones comparing iPhone and Android. And you are ALWAYS praising Apple. Just honestly curious as to why you even post on here? It is an Android forum after all.

rkeenan

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site

There are also apps for Android that let you do the same thing. Easy Phone Sync is what I used to use. I just drag and drop files. I don't see how it difficult to do so?

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
tewest86....Just from my short time participating in these forums, it's plain to see that you are an Apple fanboi. The bulk of the posts I see you post on are ones comparing iPhone and Android. And you are ALWAYS praising Apple. Just honestly curious as to why you even post on here? It is an Android forum after all.

I'm glad its not just me lol

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site

I may be in the minority here, but I don't store my music on my main system drive. I actually don't store any of my media files on the main system drive.

I have worked with I tunes, Wmp, Kies, Zune etc. All of them are the same in that you "have" to point the application to the directory that had your media files. All of them will default to your documents, music, etc. So in that sense, they are all the same. They all scan, etc with just a few steps. For that matter, the I tune interface is a pain to change "and stick". Some versions are better than others, but it's not any better at all. If anything, I found I tunes to not support the amount of formats, resolutions and bit depths that the others have, due to apples closed loop thinking process.

The only thing I found I missed from the iphone was the massive amount of peripherals that are made for it. For me, that is it.

Sent from Note 2 via Tapatalk

jollydogg

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I've used Facetime on my Touchs. I use Google Talk video chat. either one will work. Apple doesn't get "extra credit" for having Facetime, IMO. AAMOF, unless u have certain Apple products, you are left out of Facetime. I can chat on Google Talk from my PC or tablet, or phone...to anyone with a Google account and (drumroll) their PC, tablet or phone... So which program do YOU think has the most utility? The google product is hardware agnostic. works on a myriad of devices, including Apple. :)

"Extra credit"? I simply said the Facetime feature on the iPhone is a neat feature in which I've seen used in many cool ways in the healthcare field. In case you haven't noticed, a LOT of people own iPhones, so it's easy to just pick up your phone and facetime from any location, anywhere that receives a signal or wifi connection.

How is having an entire family bringing out a laptop or having to sit down in front of a PC and then arranging the OTHER party to do the same thing EASIER than two people whipping out an iPhone and facetiming anywhere they get a signal?

I don't even own an iPhone, I just think it's a great feature that's quick, convenient, and easy to use that's provided into the interface of the phone.

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
"Extra credit"? I simply said the Facetime feature on the iPhone is a neat feature in which I've seen used in many cool ways in the healthcare field. In case you haven't noticed, a LOT of people own iPhones, so it's easy to just pick up your phone and facetime from any location, anywhere that receives a signal or wifi connection.

How is having an entire family bringing out a laptop or having to sit down in front of a PC and then arranging the OTHER party to do the same thing EASIER than two people whipping out an iPhone and facetiming anywhere they get a signal?

I don't even own an iPhone, I just think it's a great feature that's quick, convenient, and easy to use that's provided into the interface of the phone.

Lol, if you don't have when iphone, how do you know? And as was stated, you can do the sane thing with Google. It's just a thing that "no one thinks it to that innovative" that apple tries to make it seem so special. Same thing with all the rest of the things android users consider "basic" because it's just a standard feature.

That's why apple gets no "extra credit" or imho, credit at all. Too be honest and blunt, there really is nothing better the iphone can do besides take pictures nicely out of the box. THAT'S IT! Anything else is being kind and politically correct. That's just the truth.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

tewest86

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site

I'm a fan boy because I help people when they claim " it's so hard to get music on my ipod?" I use what phone I think is better and right now I believe it to be the iphone 5. I bothers me when I see people post lame excuses about what the iphone can't do but when I correct them I'm a fanboi? Sorry, I just don't like people posting false information. I'm here because I had/have a SG3, SGN2, HTC One X, HTC One X+, and Nexus. Oh, and 2 Nexus 7. I come here to figure out ways to make these phones better.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
What android phone u HAD doesn't mean jack lol. U praise apple bro IMO. Getting music on iTunes will NEVER EVER be easier than android or BB. DRAG N DROP OR GTFO

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2

nlitenme

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I miss the hardware mute button. The volume controls still confuse me.

See if this works better for you...

Press the power button so that the screen lights up, then press & hold it (again) for just a second. A menu will pop up with options to Mute, Vibrate or turn the Ringer back on.

It's a little more of a process, but still very quick.

raziel

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
See if this works better for you...

Press the power button so that the screen lights up, then press & hold it (again) for just a second. A menu will pop up with options to Mute, Vibrate or turn the Ringer back on.

It's a little more of a process, but still very quick.

Better yet, pull down the drop down menu on the home screen, tap Sound (might have to tap twice, goes from Vibrate to Mute), done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze