What can the new iphone 5 do better than the Note 2?

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
It's no different going than from Android to iOS. You're going to be used to doing things the Android way and now have to do it Apple's way.

Sent from my Jelly Bean chomping Infuse 4G!

Except Apple is great at importing......horrid at exporting. At least both lanes are clear with the Android highway:)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Pretty odd comment given that I've never owned an iPhone and likely never will. That Google Sync page you directed us to shows how to sync Google contacts between the phone and one's Google account - whoopie. It offers no help in syncing one's Google contacts with Outlook.

I think you need an education on what being a "fanboy" actually consists of -- it doesn't mean being a person who can acknowledge actual benefits of a product without wanting to own one.

I get tired of people slamming products for no particular reason other than they prefer a competing product. I like my Android devices, have since my first one (Samsung Fascinate). I've found Samsung products to be the most attractive within the Android offerings. But I'd recommend iPhones to those whose needs are simple and who want an easy-to-use device on which they can play Angry Birds, check their Facebook account and play music. My needs are more extensive and business-oriented, and the iPhone has nothing really to recommend itself to me. Easier syncing with Outlook, though, is something I continue to look for. You juvenile dolts who throw insults at others (and yes, I realize what I just did there) aren't doing anything to advance understanding of some real shortcomings of Android.
I will forgo the back and forth. I sense you are getting upset and I apologize for the fanboy comment. But it honestly sounded that way. I gave you a solution for syncing your contacts and calendar and tasks using Sync calendar, contacts, tasks and notes to Android, iPhone, iPad, BlackBerry - CompanionLink and you chose not to use it so I'm sorry if my suggestion wasted your time. The program works perfectly and I have been using it for over 2 years now. There is a 14 day free trial so there is no risk to try it. I think you would find that it's worth the $40.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
It's no different going than from Android to iOS. You're going to be used to doing things the Android way and now have to do it Apple's way.

Sent from my Jelly Bean chomping Infuse 4G!

So true. I had to get used to using swipe features to get additional features in iOS because there's no menu key.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
Why would someone chain their PIM info to a desktop app without being on exchange????

I quit Outlook years ago.... and have never looked back.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Why would someone chain their PIM info to a desktop app without being on exchange????

I quit Outlook years ago.... and have never looked back.
one thing I like to use outlook for is sorting my mail into folders and applying rules. I get a massive amount of client mail so I have to even break it up into separate PST files.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

universeand

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
...I still find myself wondering which symbol is select all, copy, cut, and paste on my Note....

A poor aspect of the GN2. Often it's far to difficult or even impossible to move the end tag symbol to end of what you want to select. Real bummer. I hope Samsung fixes it in an update (of course without a bootloader update. :)

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
A poor aspect of the GN2. Often it's far to difficult or even impossible to move the end tag symbol to end of what you want to select. Real bummer. I hope Samsung fixes it in an update (of course without a bootloader update. :)

Yes. It is very choppy and hard to pinpoint sometimes.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

kennethkilo

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
The big thing and the only thing about iPhones is the better feel. I can say without a doubt that the device feels better in hand despite it being easier to scratch etc. No one can really say otherwise that the plastic feels better than the matte aluminum. The better feel also is contributed by the many cases that they have. For example the Note 2 does not have element cases and I, for one, think this is a big thing. I'm a huge show off and would consider changing back to the iPhone just because I can get the 200$ element case. ( Seriously )

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
The big thing and the only thing about iPhones is the better feel. I can say without a doubt that the device feels better in hand despite it being easier to scratch etc. No one can really say otherwise that the plastic feels better than the matte aluminum. The better feel also is contributed by the many cases that they have. For example the Note 2 does not have element cases and I, for one, think this is a big thing. I'm a huge show off and would consider changing back to the iPhone just because I can get the 200$ element case. ( Seriously )

Personal preference I prefer the feel of Sammy phones yes there are iphones in my house. And $200 for a case! OK you go ahead and enjoy that lol:rolleyes:.

Sent from my refrigerator

MaxBuck

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site

joshwithachance

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I feel like the only things the iPhone 5 has over the Note II is the iCloud sync of everything, and the portability (for people who are too insecure about having a large phone). They're not really competing devices though in my opinion. One is a small, portable smartphone and one is a smartphone/tablet hybrid all-in-one.

universeand

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Originally Posted by universeand

Yes. It is very choppy and hard to pinpoint sometimes.

Playing around with the cut and paste tag pointers a bit more, I see that one trick to handling them better is to position them by moving the pen or your finger on the screen well off to side (outside) of the text you want to select. Such as if you want to move the end tag to the end of next line, place the pen off to the side of line the tag is on and drag it down to the next line, while still remaining off of the line. That works reliably and allows you to easily move the tag back up as well. (I've had this great device for 2 months and I'm still exploring it's features and how best to customize and use it.)

Onemoa

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Iphone 5, can't do anything better. The new iPhone 5S won't do anything better either. The only thing that it might be able to do is take better pictures then the Iphone5 since they messed up that camera.

What kind of camera is in the iPhone 5 anyway? I was reading something about light leaking so the pictures were coming out with a purple hue.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Iphone 5, can't do anything better. The new iPhone 5S won't do anything better either. The only thing that it might be able to do is take better pictures then the Iphone5 since they messed up that camera.

What kind of camera is in the iPhone 5 anyway? I was reading something about light leaking so the pictures were coming out with a purple hue.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

I think its a Sony aperature

Sent from my refrigerator

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
OK, so I went to the CompanionLink website and it looks like the software doesn't sync the Outlook contacts and calendar with the GMail one, but rather with a third one called "DejaOffice." Does DejaOffice sync with Gmail, or not?
you have to download the one for outlook and gmail. Never heard of the deja office thing. Go here and click the link http://www.companionlink.com/downloads/

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I feel like the only things the iPhone 5 has over the Note II is the iCloud sync of everything, and the portability (for people who are too insecure about having a large phone). They're not really competing devices though in my opinion. One is a small, portable smartphone and one is a smartphone/tablet hybrid all-in-one.
do you mean for backing up your phone?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke