What can the new iphone 5 do better than the Note 2?

jollydogg

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure I misunderstood the question, but did you mean "What can the iPhone 7 do better?" Because in terms of hardware and software, in the iPhone 5, Apple is approximately up to speed with where Samsung and Android were on the Galaxy S2. The Note 2 is so far more advanced you're comparing a beer (Apple) to a great aged scotch (Android). Yes, beer is good and serves the purpose, but if they are the same price or if for some reason the Scotch was cheaper, unless you REALLY LIKE BEER or REALLY HATE SCOTCH, most would choose the Scotch. I doubt Apple will catch up the hardware of the Note 2 for at least 2 years, and they've shown no initiative in catching up in the feature sets of Touchwiz or Android in any recent version of iOS.

Um....what if you like beer AND scotch in conjunction with each other, and both in copious amounts?

sgtjiggy

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I haven't read this whole thread do please forgive me if this is a repost but, the iPhone 5 bends and stays bent better.

Some guy used his back pocket as a case and over about two weeks or so it kinda molded to his buttocks.. it has a noticeable curve to it now.

Sgt Jiggy "SG Note II"

TomsAndroid

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
I haven't read this whole thread do please forgive me if this is a repost but, the iPhone 5 bends and stays bent better.

Some guy used his back pocket as a case and over about two weeks or so it kinda molded to his buttocks.. it has a noticeable curve to it now.

Sgt Jiggy "SG Note II"

I need a photo LOL!

Tom

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Just picked up a brand new Nexus 4. This phone is nice. I think I found and Android winner. The keyboard is easy to type on. I got a deal for $260 for the 16 GB. Using it with Att. It feels nice.
Wow $260? That's a crazy price.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

croppz

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I remember when Instagram came to Android, the iphone users got SOOOOO passed off. I laughed so hard.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

Yeah now they aren't the only ones that can ruin good pictures with a stupid filter. Although I liked how instagram functioned on my old iPhone better than my DNA.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Yeah now they aren't the only ones that can ruin good pictures with a stupid filter. Although I liked how instagram functioned on my old iPhone better than my DNA.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

Yup, and android users could join in with the people that upload stupid pics with stupid filters onto their Instagram profile and pretend that that makes them a photographer.

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
Yup, and android users could join in with the people that upload stupid pics with stupid filters onto their Instagram profile and pretend that that makes them a photographer.

Not mine.. but still

de68d3cc.jpg

6d1980c2.jpg

5caf9310.jpg

2b26ff3a.jpg

41d7722f.jpg

924a9af5.jpg

b9389bf9.jpg

txgranville

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I think that iPhone will be used for people who just want a simple smarthphone and nothing else. Android is for experienced users who want to root and devolop apps. That is my opinion.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Android Central Forums

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I think that iPhone will be used for people who just want a simple smarthphone and nothing else. Android is for experienced users who want to root and devolop apps. That is my opinion.

Basically yes. Also android users like to customize their phone and being able to use it how THEY want to.

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site

That's about as far from correct as it gets lol only about 1% of the total android users root and fewer still dev anything. Also Apple if memory serves has roughly the same or more app developers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
That's about as far from correct as it gets lol only about 1% of the total android users root and fewer still dev anything. Also Apple if memory serves has roughly the same or more app developers.

What he said was still true to an extent so to say that his post couldn't be further from the truth is further from the truth than his post. :p

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
What he said was still true to an extent so to say that his post couldn't be further from the truth is further from the truth than his post. :p

How is it true at all he said people buy android to root and develop apps there is absolutely no truth in that at all. The numbers don't lie add up the biggest sites for android and you will only get roughly 1% of the estimated 750,000,000 android smartphones assuming android still holds a 75% market share out of the estimated 1billion smart phones active worldwide.

Your point of customization is putting words in his mouth for one, and two how can you conclusively say a majority are grabbing launchers, icon packs, etc.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
How is it true at all he said people buy android to root and develop apps there is absolutely no truth in that at all. The numbers don't lie add up the biggest sites for android and you will only get roughly 1% of the estimated 750,000,000 android smartphones assuming android still holds a 75% market share out of the estimated 1billion smart phones active worldwide.

Your point of customization is putting words in his mouth for one, and two how can you conclusively say a majority are grabbing launchers, icon packs, etc.

Did I say anything about majority? I said to an extent he's right. If you want I can grab you a dictionary. Also my post has nothing to do with this but I laughed at your wording. "Putting words in his mouth", funny. More like I'm giving him advice on why else people buy Androids, which 1000's of others do here yet I never heard that kind of wording used.

Besides, for all either of us know there are people who buy Androids because of rooting. A very small minority if they exist but they still count.

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Did I say anything about majority? I said to an extent he's right. If you want I can grab you a dictionary. Also my post has nothing to do with this but I laughed at your wording. "Putting words in his mouth", funny. More like I'm giving him advice on why else people buy Androids, which 1000's of others do here yet I never heard that kind of wording used.

Besides, for all either of us know there are people who buy Androids because of rooting. A very small minority if they exist but they still count.

His comment had an implied majority as he was using generalized blanket statements for both brands.

You clearly were backing up his position leaving me to believe you also had an implied majority.

Edit: customization is a valid one to me honestly but rooting and development not so much. Root is really the means to getting more customization. Apps could be seen in some cases for the same argument.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan