Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How are eBay Batteries Compared to Samsung?

Was looking to purchase a extra battery for my new note 2, and a spare charger for it so I could just replace without having to charge the battery in the phone everytime etc, I came across the samsung ones for like 15$ on eBay shipped, but then I scrolled down and saw, 3 WHATEVER BRAND 3100mah or w/e it is batteries and wall charger for 14$ shipped, is this BS or is this worth it? Wondering if anyone had any experience with these off brand batteries in the note 2 yet? I don't want something thats going to last me a couple hours vs. the samsung one that lasts a full day easy.

Thanks for the input in advance.
    -Luke

Default Re: How are eBay Batteries Compared to Samsung?

They suck,
    I bought what looked like a Samsung battery for my Note I and it had to be fake cause it did not last as long as the genuine batteries.
    Probably 50% as long.
    My advice is to get the original from a reputable seller like ShopAndroid or Samsung directly.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Ok, thanks for the advice, I actually found 2 batteries with a charger that has great reviews on Amazon for like 25-30$ so I might try my chances, just heard it takes 10 hours to charge 1 battery which sucks... But we'll see. Most I would have on me at one time would be 1 battery anyway extra, just for the weekends and stuff, will give it a shot. Thanks!

I stick with qcell they seem to work well for me

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I hear most are lousy but you may get lucky.

I bought these on ebay. ..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261121795515...84.m1497.l2649

They last about 80% of the stock battery. The charger does take about 10 hours to charge a battery but I never even come close to using an entire battery in 10 hours on my Note 2.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    900 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 on the Nook Color

I bought the Anker batteries off Amazon and am very happy with them so far.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I went ahead and ordered mine directly from Samsung, I have not had much luck in the past with the cheaper batteries.
    I'm loving the charger with built in stand, comes in handy for movie watching.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

I tried to Qcell batteries from Amazon. The battery seems okay, certainly cheap. But the charger give a very loose fit to the battery so much so that 1 of the batteries falls out and won't take a charge. Ugh!

So I used the discount offered by Samsung to note 2 purchasers to buy 2 Samsung batteries. I like them much better. Unfortunately the charging dock is on backorder but I'll get that when it's available.

However, I'm finding that I much prefer an external charger, such as those by Morphy, so that I don't have to power down my phone to get a boost.

Using Evo original now...charge port is on the bottom...is the mini hdmi port (used for charging) on the side of the Note ?...enabling Horizontal viewing and charging while in the Samsung Charging dock?

ROM
    Adrynalyne's SC Froyo 2.4

FWIW, I'd worry more about the likelihood of physical damage (excessive heat / over-charging) from using no-name batteries.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Strothman View Post
    Was looking to purchase a extra battery for my new note 2, and a spare charger for it so I could just replace without having to charge the battery in the phone everytime etc, I came across the samsung ones for like 15$ on eBay shipped, but then I scrolled down and saw, 3 WHATEVER BRAND 3100mah or w/e it is batteries and wall charger for 14$ shipped, is this BS or is this worth it? Wondering if anyone had any experience with these off brand batteries in the note 2 yet? I don't want something thats going to last me a couple hours vs. the samsung one that lasts a full day easy.

Thanks for the input in advance.
    -Luke
    Check out Anker batteries on Amazon. They are better quality. The ebay ones are around 25 % less on Mah than they typically advertise. They still work well as a second battery but won't last like the stock battery.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4

Quote Originally Posted by IslandTosh View Post
    FWIW, I'd worry more about the likelihood of physical damage (excessive heat / over-charging) from using no-name batteries.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    Same here.

Quote Originally Posted by cmatthews View Post
    I went ahead and ordered mine directly from Samsung, I have not had much luck in the past with the cheaper batteries.
    I'm loving the charger with built in stand, comes in handy for movie watching.

The Anker batteries are great and perform slightly better than stock.