1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Watching tv

Hey guys I've been looking at a sling box since this screen is so huge. Just wondering how you guys are watching tv in your note 2

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: Watching tv

I got the Slingbox 500 (wifi version) and it is awesome....... If you have wifi or a good 4G signal. Tried watching a packer game bouncing between 3g and 4G and it was torture!

Sent from my amazing galaxy note 2
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Dberndt210 View Post
    I got the Slingbox 500 (wifi version) and it is awesome....... If you have wifi or a good 4G signal. Tried watching a packer game bouncing between 3g and 4G and it was torture!

Ugh were u stationery or were you sitting and watching? I have vzw in phx so 4G is pretty solid. I'm thinking about switching from Cox to century link

Vulkano here. Cheaper and works great. The app is free as well. Of course I don't actually have my N2 yet (Thursday!)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

We were driving on the edge of 4G service. When it was just using 4G it was great. When it would switch to 3g it would stop and buffer and I would go nuts.

Currently I'm using the EyeTV 3G streaming web service via the browser to watch my EyeTV.

However, I've asked for a Slingbox 500 for the holidays.

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I use a Slingbox AV, been using Slingbox since the days of Slingbox Classic. The larger screen of the N2 beats the heck of using it with my iPhone 5. Hard to believe I use to be happy accessing slingbox with a Palm Treo 750 running windows mobile. Haha.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 on AT&T using Android Central Forums

Agree.. Slingbox.. Since the update of the app it has really works better. Plus looks good on the gn2. I use it also on my ipad and older bb. But this takes it because of the brightness.

beast Galaxy Note 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Watching tv-uploadfromtaptalk1354165175404.jpg   Watching tv-uploadfromtaptalk1354165194862.jpg   Watching tv-uploadfromtaptalk1354165224452.jpg  

I've been watching TV on my phone via Slingbox since my Palm Treo 600 days and I'm still doing that on my GN2. Watching TV on it is awesome because of its big screen and loud speakerphone. It's even better when you have one of Seidio's kickstand cases.

The video quality is really good over wi-fi and 4G. 3G is still doable, but it won't be as enjoyable to watch because of all the stuttering and buffering. I would have to bump the quality down from HD to SD to make it watchable on 3G. (I'm on Sprint, BTW)

I like the SlingPlayer app's translucent Program Guide (shown in my screenshot below). It makes surfing channels a lot easier.

I also like that I can control my cable box and access my DVR recordings to watch my recorded shows, like Walking Dead.

I even use it to watch my house once in a while as I have a surveillance camera hooked up to one of the video inputs on the Slingbox.

Here are some screenshots:

10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Wow that is awesome I think I know whatvibwant for Christmas from the wife

Global Posts
    142 Global Posts

Question, for slingbox, can you stream over your home network onto a phone without having to use internet bandwidth?

Global Posts
    321 Global Posts

I have the sling blade with Dish Network. I use the Dish app and can watch my DVR or tv.
    As long as I have is in HD mode it works great!

I'm interested in finding a way to stream TV to my Note 2. Reading reviews for Slingbox, some seem to love it while others are giving it very poor ratings.
    I have Comcast Cable at the moment.
    Last edited by cdf3; 04-19-2013 at 10:54 PM.

ROM
    ATT SE 1.0

I believe dish's newest hopper has the sling built in. I unfortunately got the last gen without sling. I have a friend who has the vip922 which is not the hopper but has sling from dish and using both the ipad 3 and iphone 5 he says as long as you have good quality internet he has zero problems with streaming.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

There is an app called TV Portal. It's legitimacy is questionable, the reason I believe it does not appear on the Play Store. Depending on which side of the fence you sit on with regards to downloading TV series episodes, it is a marvellous app. You search for the TV series, choose the season and episode and you're presented with a list of links to that episode. Quality varies however you can choose to download the episode or stream it there and then.

It's perhaps not quite what you were after but a decent app all the same.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2
    Sent from my Alienware M17X laptop - ooh look at the pretty coloured lights!

I use Vulkano platinum (Sling wannabe) for 2 years. Not great at first but has gotten considerably better. Quality is excellent (HD like) if you have the speed. I stream close 100 gigs of data during the Summer Olympics. Rest of the time I stream NBA and tennis games.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2