Missed notifications

AhrenL

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone found a real good missed notifications app? I've used TeslaUnread, and it is okay, but I'm not sure I want to use Nova Lancher, and it doesn't cover anything other than the non-standard SMS, or many other apps. Thanks!

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone found a real good missed notifications app? I've used TeslaUnread, and it is okay, but I'm not sure I want to use Nova Lancher, and it doesn't cover anything other than the non-standard SMS, or many other apps. Thanks!

Have you used or tried Quick Glance?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1354072565624.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1354072565624.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 49

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Where is this Quick Glance located in the note II?

Settings/motion/quick glance.

Scroll down to advance settings and there you can select which missed notifications you want to see. The nice thing about quick glance is that you don't even have to touch the phone, you only need to reach for it and you'll get a "quick glance" of any thing that was missed. NICE!

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

AhrenL

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I'll give it a try, Thanks!!!

I don't think that's quite what I'm looking for. I'm looking for little number bubbles to appear around my Icons/Widgets telling me how many unread/missed attempts at contact I have for various apps.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I'll give it a try, Thanks!!!

I don't think that's quite what I'm looking for. I'm looking for little number bubbles to appear around my Icons/Widgets telling me how many unread/missed attempts at contact I have for various apps.

Oh. I know what you mean. I get those numbers for missed emails, phone calls, and text messages. I don't recall how I set them up though. :confused:

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1354104548040.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1354104548040.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 112

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Missed call notification. No one has texted me yet.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1354106469213.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1354106469213.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 110

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I think these notifications are set up by default. I cannot find a setting where they can be turned on/off.

Attached is a screen shot with all three missed notifications.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1354112709141.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1354112709141.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 107

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Oh. I know what you mean. I get those numbers for missed emails, phone calls, and text messages. I don't recall how I set them up though. :confused:

DAS, how did you do that... ( write on the home screen. ) trying to find a go9d tutorial on how to use the S-pen. Any suggestions?
Thank you in advance

nlitenme

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
DAS, how did you do that... ( write on the home screen. ) trying to find a go9d tutorial on how to use the S-pen. Any suggestions?
Thank you in advance

DAS isn't actually writing on the home screen itself. It's a screen capture of it with writing on the pic.

As far as tutorials, I have learned the most from YouTube videos. There are many good ones out there. To start, check out Lucidmike's channel.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Thank you in advance

Someone else mentioned that the best tutorials are on YouTube. I actually agree, and watch just about any video I can find on the device. Most of it is a repeat of what's already been said, but I will tend to pick up a tidbit from each one that the other failed to mention or overlooked.

I also learn a lot from others like you who ask questions. Sometimes when people ask questions, even if it has no interest to me personally, I will dig around for an answer. Sometimes to assist the person with their problem, and sometimes just to learn a new way of doing something.

I really enjoy this device, and the more I learn about it, the more I want to :)

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
If anyone has figured out where this setting is, please let me know. I'm not getting any missed notifications, text calls and e-mails.

Do you use any type of 3rd party launcher? Also, which carrier are you with? Mine worked right out of the box, and I do not use any 3rd party launchers (I like Touchwiz), and my carrier is Sprint. I have yet to find a setting for this feature.

ldpalm

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
I was using NoLed on my Infuse, but when I installed on the Note 2 I couldn't get it to work. No answers from tech support. If they ever fix it I would use again. Lots of options.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums