Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jayp1306
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Best protective phone case?

Im planning on picking up the note 2 when i can upgrade in two weeks, coming from the iphone4. I saw otterbox is making a phone case but its not released yet and i have no clue if its going to be out by the time i get my new phone. Anyone got a suggestion of a good case kind of like the otterbox i can use in the meantime until the otterbox releases? I drive a dump truck for work and spend a good amount of time at work sites, so i just need something that will protect the phone from a beating here and there. Thanks.

Default Re: Best protective phone case?

Just an FYI: Smartphonepedia.com has the Otterbox up for presale with an expected ship date around Dec. 4th.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I will be getting the otterbox defender when it comes out. Till then nothing.

@neal, I drive a oil truck and service van all day and my phone takes a beating. I have the oem protective tpu case on my note 2 and its surviving nicely. Personally going with a commuter when they launch but definitely cant wait for it!

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Android Central Forums
    nlitenme likes this.

The Seidio combo (case with holster/kickstand) is a very good alternative to the Otterbox. They also have screen protectors. My boyfriend uses one for his Galaxy Note II and he loves it. Unless you plan on using your phone for batting practice, I think you'll find that a better alternative (and the kickstand lets you watch movies on your phone without having to hold it). Best advice: use amazon.com and opt for free super saver shipping (or Amazon Prime if you paid for the membership).

I just received an HTC Vivid to replace my lost phone (lesson: secure all your belongings before riding a motorcycle through the country), and plan on buying a Seidio case for it, based on the satisfaction of my boyfriend with his purchase.

Hope this helps!

Dyno

Very true. I returned an otterbox and got the seidio active for my evo 3d. For the note 2 I'm probably getting the active again unless a cheap priced case from amazon works. I saw this one on amazon that is like the seidio active and under $15. It is a holster combo too.

Best protective phone case?-uploadfromtaptalk1354245739219.jpg

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2