Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Default Re: Who is using screen protector??

I actually like the matte protectors. That's what I'm using now with no issues at all. Been on for a week and still holding strong. Got 4 for $5 on ebay. Other half uses clear ones, got his from a local store and can barely tell it's on there. I just prefer the matte ones because there's no glare and barely any finger prints, plus my fingers glide nice and smooth over it.
    Oh and it doesn't affect the Spen at all

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Just put on my spigen ultra crystal and already want to take it off.

Yea, what is the easiest way to take this thing off.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    Last edited by EatMyTracers; 12-02-2012 at 02:09 PM.

ROM
    4.1.2 Cyanogen

Quote Originally Posted by mkhalil06 View Post
    i personally hate screen protectors
    Same here., I simply have a case and I try to be cautious when putting it in my pocket. Easy enough.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

I'm using the screen protectors that they sell at the Verizon store. I usually use invisibleshield on my phones, but I've seen that they have issues with the S-pen. These have hag no issues with it so far, so I'm satisfied.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Android Central Forums.
    Since 2008: HTC Wing>Sidekick 3>Sidekick Slide>Sidekick LX 2009>Palm Pre>Blackberry Curve 8330>Motorola Droid>HTC Thunderbolt>Razr Maxx>Samsung Galaxy Note 2>Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

I hate my Spigen ultra crystal. what is an easy way to take it off, I don't want to stick something under it because I am afraid of Scratching my screen.

I now use screen protectors religiously. After scratching the screen on several other devices, I decided never again.

Sent from my Note 10.1.

Why do you hate it please tell me! Most people who have this one love it so I really need to know why as I haven't ordered one yet!

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by EatMyTracers View Post
    I hate my Spigen ultra crystal. what is an easy way to take it off, I don't want to stick something under it because I am afraid of Scratching my screen.

I don't like how it works with the s-pen. It collects dust like crazy, I am lucky I carry a mircofiber cloth with me. I don't even see the need for a Screen protector, I used mine Without one for a few days and it's fine.

no offense but, only a fool would NOT use a screen protector. I get it that many of the newer, younger, smartphone users have probably never owned or used a PDA before and have always had touch screens but, even with today's touch screens, it's always good practice to get a screen protector for the phones. Screen protectors are the first thing I put on every phone/device I own ever since my 1st one back with my iPAQ HP2210. Any time you'll be dragging anything across a screen, it should be against the cheap plastic on the glass instead of the glass itself. Dragging a hang nail or artificial nail across a screen is like cleaning your glasses with sandpaper. Fine enough and you'd never notice the scratches. Do it enough times and you'll eventually see it.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    4.1.2 Cyanogen

Call me a fool then. I have had three iPhones, an iPaq and older Palm devices and never used them. If you are careful, there is no need. By the time you start to see any wear, it is long past the time to upgrade.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    saltysteve likes this.

I guess that makes me a fool to. I never use a screen protector. I am very careful with the screen on my phone. Nothing else is in my pocket but the phone.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Android Central Forums
    saltysteve likes this.

My Motorola droid that I used for three years and wasn't Careful at all for the last year has only one scratch.

saltysteve likes this.

I have moved away from screen protectors. Loved how the matte versions hid finger prints but the muted sharpness and colours left something to be desired on my beautiful screen (when I took it off it was like I had a new device). Normal ones aren't as responsive to the touch.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

I absolutely love not using a screen protector. The finger prints and everything comes off so easy. I've always used one but these past couple of days I haven't used one on my note2. I am so scared of getting it scratched even though I am beyond careful with it...I probably will end up putting on a crystal one.

My goodness. I just cant put these on...that's another big reason I don't want to use one. Little dust gets stuck under it and it bothers me so much.

Quote Originally Posted by EatMyTracers View Post
    I don't like how it works with the s-pen. It collects dust like crazy, I am lucky I carry a mircofiber cloth with me. I don't even see the need for a Screen protector, I used mine Without one for a few days and it's fine.

Use a piece of scotch tape and stick it on the corner and pull...easy as that..it might take a few tries but it'll get it done.

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by andy a View Post
    Why do you hate it please tell me! Most people who have this one love it so I really need to know why as I haven't ordered one yet!

Andy
    After years of religiously using screen protectors on all my devices, I had a 2 year old Evo 4G without a protector and the screen still looks brand new. Maybe I'm not rough on phones. I did install a Spigen on my Verizon GN2 on Friday. It's a great screen protector but I'm taking it off. I noticed the keyboard wasn't quite as sensitive with it. If you're going to use a protector, the Spigen seems to be as good as they get.
    LazrRocketArm likes this.

I've never used a screen protector on my evo. and I don't have one scratch on it. However, I'm a little more scared about this baby,lol, so since I bought one of those wallet cases with protective coverings on the inside, I'm just purchasing a microfiber cloth for it instead. I may buy a protector and put it for use later if I get too antsy.

No screen protector here. BUT - I've gotten into the habit of being pretty careful with electronics in general over my lifetime. My GN2 goes into my pants pocket and there's nothing else in there. I've never lost a phone or had any scratches.

I know some folks are pretty prone to messing up their gear. For those folks I'd recommend a screen protector and what the heck - get the phone insurance too! If you're careless and you know it don't take the chance. If you're careful and you know it no screen protector needed - it's so nice without one.

Ok. I know I said I put on screen protector religiously but, I put one on this weekend and the moisture fried my phone.

Still believe in protection but next time it's a dry install.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog1377 View Post
    Ok. I know I said I put on screen protector religiously but, I put one on this weekend and the moisture fried my phone.

Still believe in protection but next time it's a dry install.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    All you should be applying are dry protectors. Wet installs aren't good for any phone which is one of the reasons I don't ever recommend Zagg. That along with the orange peel effect and rubbery feel of it.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnydroid View Post
    I'm using it but thanks to the Gorilla Glass 2 of the Note 2 isn't necessary the screen protector...In my opinion!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums
    Mine has scratches already, I wasn't careful enough because my SGS 1 was completely bullet proof. Now I need a wet screen protector to cover the scratches...Don't risk it with this junk gorilla glass 2.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

I am not using a screen protector and have no Scratches so I don't know what you did to yours.

anyone using the GHOST ARMOR? If so, how does it work with the S Pen. I had a ZAGG HD but the pen left marks all over the screen protector.

Call me a fool, but the only reason I am searching these threads is that Samsung have said in an info thing that under NO CIRCUMSTANCES should a screen protector be put on a Note II. I had already bought one when I collected my new phone, but then I read that so no idea what to do???? HELP??? I have had i phones for years and this is my first Android.
    Shall we agree that Samsung may be the fool in this afterall as they really should bissuee providing alot more info on this
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast