Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Who is using screen protector??

So how many of you are using or gonna use a screen protector on your Note2?

I bought a Spigen Oleo screen protector, but am trying to decide if I am going to use it or not. I like a nice clear screen with no color depletion etc.

Default Re: Who is using screen protector??

I always use screen protection. Verizon has inexpensive ones and they are clear slick and the phone performance is not hindered

sent from either my HTC Rezound or my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

ROM
    ATT SE 1.0

I am using one as well. I believe it is a spigen. Nit sure though cuz my father has same phone and I used one of his extras. It does not affect stylus or touchscreen use in anyway

Global Posts
    142 Global Posts

I've done both. I've been using phantom skinz protector and the feel and look of it is similar to the glass I have on my SGS 1 and HTC Sensation. When I slide my thumb over it, feels similar to the glass on the phones. ATM, I am running naked on both screens for over a year now and no major scratches or whatnot. I definitely do have some scratches, but when the phone is turned on, it's not even noticeable.

When I first get a new phone, I'm a bit anal about it, so I use a screen protector. But after so many months down the road, the screen protector gets kind of icky or whatever, I'm not too concerned about using it with or without a screen protector.

I think i've kind of just accepted the fact the phone's gonna get some nicks/scratches and to just live with it and if it breaks, that's what insurance are for (I've used it quite a bit now, got my money's worth it for sure!).

I'm using the Spigen Ultra Oleophobic and I am very pleased with it. Nice and clear and hard. The first one I had tried, my spen left indents in it. This one holds up very well. It even self-healed some minor scratches I got on the screen protector.

ROM
    Stock: Unrooted

I seem to have somehow accidentally happened upon a FANTASTIC screen protector! So far, it seems almost bullet-proof, and compared to all previous sp'sI've had on various iPhones in the pastby far the best I've seen. Found mine at our local AT&T (authorized dealer 'Coastal 1') store; looks like an AT&T store, but not a corporate store. The brand is: MYBAT $9.99

But on Amazon they're less, of course, with the 'Custom-Fit Transparent Crystal Clear Screen Guard Protector Shield Film' going for $5.56, today, and others going for as low as $2.67 for the Note II, depending on the model.

. . .again, nicest sp I've ever used. Can't hardly tell it's even on the phone. And, hardly shows fingerprints. The Radio Shack manager who sold me the phone was pretty impressed with this sp as well, after I swung back by and showed the phone to her with it on; she was really checking it out and asking me where I got it, which was a bit surprising. Maybe what they sell at RC are of lesser quality. I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolvan View Post
    I'm using the Spigen Ultra Oleophobic and I am very pleased with it. Nice and clear and hard. The first one I had tried, my spen left indents in it. This one holds up very well. It even self-healed some minor scratches I got on the screen protector.
    +1 on this. I used to use a zagg until I got the OG Galaxy Note and it just did not work with the s-pen. I tried and oleophobic from SGP and have used them since. Works well with the s-pen and I do believe they help resist face oils and make the screen easier to clean.
    Lumia 925 w/Black, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8
    and yes...an iPhone 5 too...

I always use a screen protector..... I wouldn't want any scratches on this baby....

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    792 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

i personally hate screen protectors

Default R: Who is using screen protector??

I'm using it but thanks to the Gorilla Glass 2 of the Note 2 isn't necessary the screen protector...In my opinion!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums
    punchfacejay likes this.

I don't use a screen protector and haven't on my phones for years I'm coming from the iPhone 3g-iPhone 5 and since I've had one I've always reserved my right front pants pocket for my phones and nothing else, in my left pocket I've always carried a small micro fiber cloth, I can't recall ever having a scratch on the screen of my phones.

Sent from my SHV-E250K using Android Central Forums

I have never managed to find one that does not finish up with those little air bubbles that I hate.
    I keep my Note 2 in a nice leather case so it's protected from fall damage and scratches from pockets. Looks good too.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    551 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 on the Nook Color

Spigen Ultra Crystal. Love it. Barely notice it.
    ronjr123 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hopefulfarm View Post
    Hi there are these good as I haven't got my phone yet as it's an Xmas present but I am trying to find the right one, I like the idea that the ultra crystal doesn't change the screen appearance at all. They are a dear do though as on eBay UK they are nearly 12 !!!!!!!! If you know somewhere who has a good deal on them let me know, oh and was it easy to install as I am never good at fitting these!

Thanks

Global Posts
    4,337 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Wolvan View Post
    Great screen protector!!

Global Posts
    551 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 on the Nook Color

Quote Originally Posted by andy a View Post
    Hi there are these good as I haven't got my phone yet as it's an Xmas present but I am trying to find the right one, I like the idea that the ultra crystal doesn't change the screen appearance at all. They are a dear do though as on eBay UK they are nearly 12 !!!!!!!! If you know somewhere who has a good deal on them let me know, oh and was it easy to install as I am never good at fitting these!

Thanks
    I love mine. I really don't notice it. If you're not into fingerprints, you might try the Ultra Oleophobic. I really don't notice my screen protector at all and I do work to keep my phone clean, but a few finger print smears dont' freak me out.

I would go with the Spigen, either UOleo or UC. The other one, the Anti-Glare Matte, I've heard people can't stand that one. You can tell on Amazon because it has fairly poor reviews.

I've also heard the Ultra Optic is a no because it gets scratched by the S pen.

My suggestion: Buy 2. I screwed up one trying to install it. Darn dust.

XDA has a good thread :

Spigen as well. These things are practically invisible

I'm using a Spigen crystal clear on mine. It works perfect..only complaint is it easily gets fingerprint smudges. I feel a lot safer using the s pen on it tho and it works great

Tried putting on ultra crystal but screen caught some dust. I love the feel it has with no protector but I'm so scared of getting it scratched or not being able to completely clean it..

Wonder if getting the cover with the flip cover would protect it well?

Transmitted from my Galaxy Note II

I just ditched my flip cover. Too awkward to hold IMHO.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2.

I ordered some spigen ultra crystal screen protectors but now that I have been using it without one, I might just not use one at all.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Thundershed v1.6

I use the Spigen Ultra Oleophobic and I am very impressed with it. The fitment is perfect, it does reduce smudges, it in no way effects the screen image, it's not scratched by the s-pen, and it goes on quite easy if you take the time to prepare and actually install it.

I lucked out when installing mine because I had all necessary installation tools ready and was just taking it out of the box when I did it. I lined it up and it literally dropped right on with absolutely zero bubbles or dust. I didn't even have to squeegee any bubble out.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

I am using one from Verizon right now but I'm sure soon I will switch back to my trusty Spigen screen protectors. These Verizon ones seem very thin.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by hopefulfarm View Post

Yep... what they said ^

I'm using a Zagg and it has definetly affected S-Pen functionality, but I got used to it pretty quickly.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Android Central Forums
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast