Note2 vs iPhone

alikoyyy

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Was having dinner with a friend who's a self-confessed Apple fanboy (A). We had our phones (Note 2 for me, 4S for him) out and another friend (F) commented:

F (to me): Hey nice phone!
Me: Yup! Better than his iPhone.
A: Excuse me the iPhone is still the best
Me: Yeah? What can your phone do that mine can't?
A: A Iot!
Me: Like?
A: *silence* What can your phone do that mine can't?
Me: Really? *withering look* Multitask, android beam, air view, download torrents and YouTube videos...
A: Fine! OK!

Haha hook, line and sinker. :p

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

alikoyyy

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
As they have said there are a lot of torrent apps available. I use utorrent.

Too bad he stopped me, I still had lots of ammo left. ;)

lostchild

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Actually he is not really that much of an Apple Fan Boy. A true Apple Fan Boy is not going to compare the amount of things one could do on an Android vs the iPhone. Here are what they would say:

1) The resolution on your phone is awful. Mine has retina display.
2) Your phone is too big. Mine is the perfect size.
3) The color of your screen is too situated; it doesn't look natural like the iPhone.
4) My iPhone 5 takes better pictures than yours
etc....

I know because those are the exact things my brother told me. :p And I agree with him. The Note II is not better than the iPhone 5 in every way, but I looked at his iPhone 5 when he first bought it, and I picked the Note II. I don't think I could go back to a 3.5 or even 4" screen. I am so so so glad that I am now free of iTunes. The bad thing about getting away from Apple is that once you are locked into their Eco system, you get punished by leaving them. First is that you will miss TXT messages when you first switch because other iPhone users in your family will keep trying to send SMS to you via iMessage instead of normal SMS. Once you sort through that, your family members will realized that it cost them money (or eat into their monthly txt message allowance) to send you SMS. I am not excluded from the family group SMS, because I am not part of the "blue chat" club. My wife with her iPhone would have to tell me news happening to my side of the family!

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
This is an example of what many iPhone fans think.
For some reason they think nothing out there is as good as an iPhone.
And when you show them the reasons why Android is better, they really have a hard time admitting it.
They are either delusional or just can't stomach the truth. They don't want to believe the iPhone is not number 1 anymore.
This is one of the reasons I am vocal about my Note II and show it off every chance I get.
In a way I am trying pierce their bubble and show them that there are better options available.
The iPhone was at one time the best phone but that no longer is the case and thanks to competition, there are many choices to choose from.

From a former iFan now using the best phone on the planet Samsung Note II ;)

pstmstr

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Bought the note 2 this morning and trying to like it better than the iPhone 5. So far, I'm liking the screen size but finding the OS pretty clunky compared to IOS. I'll keep playing with it and try to make the switch.

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Bought the note 2 this morning and trying to like it better than the iPhone 5. So far, I'm liking the screen size but finding the OS pretty clunky compared to IOS. I'll keep playing with it and try to make the switch.

You gotta give it some time. A good 2 weeks will be long enough to see the benefits of this phone.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site

If it's not too much trouble, could you define "pretty clunky?" Depending on what you mean by "clunky" someone may be able to assist?

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

alikoyyy

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Actually he is not really that much of an Apple Fan Boy. A true Apple Fan Boy is not going to compare the amount of things one could do on an Android vs the iPhone. Here are what they would say:

1) The resolution on your phone is awful. Mine has retina display.
2) Your phone is too big. Mine is the perfect size.
3) The color of your screen is too situated; it doesn't look natural like the iPhone.
4) My iPhone 5 takes better pictures than yours
etc....

Haha don't think he hasn't tried these lines on me. Our Apple-Android rivalry is long-standing.:p With my old phones he was always able to score a few points; the Note2 has him tongue tied though. He tried commenting on the plastic build earlier during the dinner but I let him hold the phone and he had to admit (reluctantly) that although the back cover was flimsy on its own when it's attached it actually feels solid. (Although he did add the iPhone looked more expensive.) I then *forced* him to play with my phone awhile so he can see how smooth Jellybean is. We also both have NFS Most Wanted and I could see the look of envy in his eyes when I showed him how great it looked on the big screen so I guess he can't comment about the size. Haha, and I was the one who raised the issue of what our phones can do, he took the bait. :D

This is my first phone that has the Apple fanboys salivating (my cousins are also big Apple fans and one of them now wants the Note2 on contract renewal)! I'm still working on my friend hahaha one of these days he'll either switch to the Note2 (even he admitted that the iphone 5 wasn't worth the upgrade from his 4s) or he'll have dreams of it at night.

It's really more fun to do this in person. I think most Apple fans haven't even tried using an Android device ever or have maybe used a very old one (in the case of my friend he was once given an htc wildfire S and I have to admit, that phone was horrible). So I just let them use my Note2 a bit, demonstrate a few features and once the seed of doubt is planted in their heads it becomes easy as pie to show them who's boss. ;)

bigoldthor

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Very nice, OP! :cool:

Here are the *biggest* differences in the Apple v. Android debate from my perspective. (Not the *only* differences, just the biggest ones imho.)

Apple:
  • Good quality, well-designed product
  • Superior marketing
  • Fortunate (or brilliant) initial timing to market
  • Standardization (no fragmentation)
  • Gullible public and media infatuation

Android:
  • Technologically ahead of Apple
  • Many more OS options
  • Much more customizable
  • A UI that's now arguably as good as or better than Apple
  • Tremendous number of hardware and carrier choices

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I had an iphone 5 on launch day. Honestly I was a little nervous about leaving the iphone family because I didnt want to learn a new OS. My father got a note 2 on its launch day and after using it for a week off on and on I decided it was time. I sold my iphone 32gb and bought a note2. I think the only thing I truly miss is imessage.

pstmstr

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site

I've found apps that work for most everything I use in IOS but struggling with a good calendar app that allows me to add repeating appointments quickly. Also looking at several podcast apps. Now that Flipboard is available in Android, I'm pretty well set on using it instead of an ipad or iPhone. Not 100% convinced yet but getting closer, love the screen and have grown used to the size.

theonlybutler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
i concur definitely clunky, especially the notifications was much quicker on iphone u could check all your messages on the lock screen whereas now u have to pull down the bar and occasionally the message isn't even displayed only a link to the app.