Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Note 2 Otterbox Defender Case Review

I've been waiting for this to turn up for ages. The Defender for the Note 2 really does add some weight and bulk to the phone but of course offers the protection a lot of people are looking for.

What does everyone think? Worth the size for the protection it offers?
    Thanked by:
    ImmaGhost likes this.

Default Re: Note 2 Otterbox Defender Case Review

Very nice case... and trust me it is worth the bulkiness to protect this beast.... is it for sale at the otterbox website???

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

That's just too ridiculously bulky for my taste. I'd consider the Commuter case though. I guess I have to choose between the Seido Active, the Sedio Surface, and the Otterbox Commuter. Tough choices.

I ordered the Commuter. Im running the Seidio Active right now and I like it but once my Otterbox comes in Ill give the Seidio to my son. Ill miss the kickstand though.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Default Note 2 Otterbox Defender Case Review

Does the added weight make it too much to carry around? I dont carry purses or bags.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Too thick for me, I'm toting mine Note 2 naked. It really looks too nice to cover with a case anyway.

Bye bye iPhone 5, hello Note 2
    abalboa3 likes this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by blacklighter11 View Post
    Does the added weight make it too much to carry around? I dont carry purses or bags.
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    It does add a lot of weight to the note 2, the commuter might be the better option if you are concerned over weight.

Quote Originally Posted by drum747 View Post
    I ordered the Commuter. Im running the Seidio Active right now and I like it but once my Otterbox comes in Ill give the Seidio to my son. Ill miss the kickstand though.

from where?
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quite a few UK stockists are taking back orders, I'm guessing that is what he means.

Quote Originally Posted by mccabegc View Post
    from where?
    Smartphonepedia.com has them up for preorder with a ship date of Dec. 4th or sooner.

Global Posts
    186 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cmatthews View Post
    Too thick for me, I'm toting mine Note 2 naked. It really looks too nice to cover with a case anyway.

Bye bye iPhone 5, hello Note 2
    You wont say that once it drops and breaks!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    nancybout likes this.

Global Posts
    186 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drum747 View Post
    Smartphonepedia.com has them up for preorder with a ship date of Dec. 4th or sooner.

The date change to December 18th.

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by fguills View Post
    You wont say that once it drops and breaks!

I will once I buy another one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Dec. 18 is probably a "just in case" date. I questioned Otterbox about the release on Facebook last night. They responded that the cases are currently shipping to retailers and should be available via Otterbox.com in a week or so.

Take it for what it's worth

Just a heads up, I received an email update this morning from otterbox regarding the commuter and said it was available to ship today from their website!

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Android Central Forums
    mccabegc likes this.

do you still consider getting an otterbox case because I heard their screen protectors can mess with your S pen sensitivity? (even if it's just a little...that would be enough to bug me). Is there a way to remove their case screen protector and just leave the case on?

Global Posts
    522 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ImmaGhost View Post
    do you still consider getting an otterbox case because I heard their screen protectors can mess with your S pen sensitivity? (even if it's just a little...that would be enough to bug me). Is there a way to remove their case screen protector and just leave the case on?
    Yes you can just pop out the plastic screen protector. I have done it with every Otterbox I have had for my devices. I cant stand screen protectors lol. After you pop out the plastic you just have to get the sticky tape/glue stuff off. If you do it right it will pull right up all the way around.
    Thanked by:

One thing I wish they did was make a hole for the power and volume button like they did for the S Pen. That way we wouldn't have to push hard to turn on the phone every time.

Quote Originally Posted by ImmaGhost View Post
    One thing I wish they did was make a hole for the power and volume button like they did for the S Pen. That way we wouldn't have to push hard to turn on the phone every time.
    Won't bother me much I forget there is a power button and use the home button to wake up

Is it just my imagination? I just got the defender case yesterday, quickly covered my note 2 with it, went to work early this am, used music player all morning, about 8 hrs. worth, which before would only drain my battery to about 70% capacity, so I'd be ok all day and partially following day, at around 4pm today, I had to recharge my phone! was at 14% capacity!.......has anyone experienced this?.....I will give it another test tonite, with a 100% charged battery, see if it happens again, Also, was using speaker for a conversation, I could hear myself (echo)

I have a commuter and my dad has a defender. There's a difference in thickness but not much. With the case on it feels like I have a cinder block in my pocket lol. But it protects it tho I got mine the day I got my beast at the Sprint store.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

The commuter is still a lot thinner than the defender tho

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

I ordered a Defender before I got my GN2

Took ages so I got one when I got my phone

finally Came in the post

Now I have 2 I can just swap cases and clean at my leisure

Screen gap is of no real concern to me and any minor ingress of particles over time is also no biggie

Happy to know that when it does get dropped in the future that it is in arguably the best case for protection

Cheers

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Android Central Forums
    nancybout likes this.

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts

I have multiple cases/holsters but the Otterbox Defender is my only choice when I’m out on my Fatboy.

My only problem with the case was the fact that the installed screen protector left a gap between itself and the SGN2 display. The double-tap feel drove me crazy whenever I used the S-Pen. If you get one do yourself a favor and push-out the lame screen protector and get a decent one (I got mine from Speigen).

Each of my phones and tables across the years have been protected by Otterbox products and you cannot beat their customer service. Something breaks – they make it right. I had a Defender for my Droid Charge; clip form the holster cracked as I was sliding down a ladder (unintentionally), called them and asked how much a replacement would cost as it was definitely my fault. The sent me another one at no cost – they even paid for the shipping.

ROM
    Stock

I dont see why you guys cant pop out the screen protector. Yes its crappy cause the major concern is the case and not the actual screen protector. The phone isnt that bulky with the defender case(i love bulkiness so maybe its just me ) i slapped on a sgp ultra crystal cause i got tierd of zaggs crappy(including the hd, looks no where near as good as spigens) looking one hehe.. Overall great case, no problems whatsoever and am not too worried if it drops(kinnda am cause i baby my n2 even inna case) Buy buy buy it! :thumbup:

Sent from my Behemoth of a phone, the Galaxy Note 2
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast