Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #26  

ROM
    Thundershed v1.6

Default Re: How do you draw on a picture?

Quote Originally Posted by Casey415 View Post
    I installed the same app from the link above, but this doesn't do anything for me. What else needs to be done in order for me to write on pictures?

Thanks, Casey
    Go to your gallery and select any picture you want to draw on. Then press the menu button and chose advanced edit then photo editor. Then, along the bottom right of the screen, you'll see a decorations tab. Select that and you'll see an option to draw on the image. Good to go!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    Casey Cheung likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckawd View Post
    Go to your gallery and select any picture you want to draw on. Then press the menu button and chose advanced edit then photo editor. Then, along the bottom right of the screen, you'll see a decorations tab. Select that and you'll see an option to draw on the image. Good to go!

Ahhhh yes, yes! Works now! I was making the stupid mistake of pressing the button on the pen and trying to draw on the picture. When I didn't press the button on the pen, then I was able to draw on the pic. Duhhh!

Thanks! Casey
    Is that a Samsung Note 3 in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?

Quote Originally Posted by Casey415 View Post
    Ahhhh yes, yes! Works now! I was making the stupid mistake of pressing the button on the pen and trying to draw on the picture. When I didn't press the button on the pen, then I was able to draw on the pic. Duhhh!

Thanks! Casey

This is so cool ! I love it ! I can sure have fun with this !

Casey
    Is that a Samsung Note 3 in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?

Global Posts
    4,615 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by smooches680 View Post
    I have the Sprint version and I do have the photo editor installed from Samsung apps but when you click on draw on photo it lets you draw on the back of the photo not on the front.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums
    Don't click on "draw on photo", click on Advanced Edit and then select the Photo Editor. Then, to actually draw something, click on "Decoration" and you'll be able to draw.

Thanks again to Sprint for not mucking the phone up like what the other carriers, cough cough, Verizon, do.
    Markster1 likes this.

Yeah, I don't think my USC version phone works like that. I get a different menu that doesn't include the advanced edit option.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How do you draw on a picture?-uploadfromtaptalk1354560142797.jpg  
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #31  

ROM
    Thundershed v1.6

Quote Originally Posted by cobaltmarie View Post
    Yeah, I don't think my USC version phone works like that. I get a different menu that doesn't include the advanced edit option.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Android Central Forums
    There's more to that menu than what's on the screen. Scroll down a bit and you'll see advanced edit.

Global Posts
    211 Global Posts

I'm having a hard time with this. Draw on image mirrors the photo and puts a water mark on it "Galaxy photo edit". Advanced edit goes directly to paper artist. No option pops up to choose photo editor or paper artist. How do i simply draw on this picture? Why am I finding this so difficult?

Edit: Hmm...well I restarted the phone and I tried again and it did give me the option of choosing photo editor or paper artist. But when I click photo editor it tells me it's not installed so I click download and nothing happens. I tried downloading skitch ( I have it and love it on my mac but it keeps freezing when I use the s pen). I also searched for the photo editor made my samsung (in the play store and in samsung apps) and it says "version not compatible with your ddevice".

I just buckled and used my iPhone. I'm kind of irritated right now.
    Last edited by Nabooly; 12-14-2012 at 01:17 PM.

I have Verizon version. It works for all photos. Just scroll down

this does not work on the ATT version. Considering this is one of the major features i was looking forward too as my work requires me to take lots of photos that i need to put notations on.

Quote Originally Posted by rexxcastle View Post
    this does not work on the ATT version. Considering this is one of the major features i was looking forward too as my work requires me to take lots of photos that i need to put notations on.
    Are you saying that you downloaded and ran the apk above and it doesnt work? I also am on the AT&T variant.
    I did not receive the Photo Editor, and I have the samsung apps from google play, of which it is my understanding that if a app is NOT compatible with your device GPlay will not allow you to execute the download.
    Does anyone know if this is the latest version of the PE?

Photo editor installed however I still have no options to open a photo in it directly from a photo as other Do. I have to take a pic, open photo editor, load pic ect for every pic and it's a pain in the ***

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note II on Straight Talk

Funny, but even on stock and the original note, all you had to do was capture the screen, don't automatically select "save or the check mark". You then will be able to write or annotate a screen capture immediately. You then click the check Mark and it will save it to your "image edited" folder(that is, as long as you have the default location set from stock).

And there are two versions of the app store by Samsung. Version 1 is in the play store, but version 2 had to be downloaded from Samsung (that's unless something has changed in the last couple weeks). The cool version (version 2), has always told me that for USA, the selection of apps weren't available. But you can tell the different versions because the first is dark themed abs the second is white/grey themed.

I really wish we had the screen record in more than s-note as I could illustrate.

Sent from Note 2 via Tapatalk

Ok there we go! A screen capture is Worth a thousand words!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How do you draw on a picture?-uploadfromtaptalk1357707829822.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by MatroxD View Post
    Funny, but even on stock and the original note, all you had to do was capture the screen, don't automatically select "save or the check mark". You then will be able to write or annotate a screen capture immediately. You then click the check Mark and it will save it to your "image edited" folder(that is, as long as you have the default location set from stock).

And there are two versions of the app store by Samsung. Version 1 is in the play store, but version 2 had to be downloaded from Samsung (that's unless something has changed in the last couple weeks). The cool version (version 2), has always told me that for USA, the selection of apps weren't available. But you can tell the different versions because the first is dark themed abs the second is white/grey themed.

I really wish we had the screen record in more than s-note as I could illustrate.

I dont get it? I did a screen cap but still have no option to write on it

You don't have the above Orion like in my screen capture?

Quote Originally Posted by MatroxD View Post
    You don't have the above Orion like in my screen capture?

No I do not, this is what I see when I do a screen capture

Ah, got you. I only take screens with the pen because I usually am either going to at least crop it, or write something.

But it does make sense now that I think about it, with Samsung thinking they would like users to use the pen, as it is more accurate than a finger. I just assumed with my first one, that anything that I was going to do, I was going to do with the pen. I got used to that process, so now that it does a ton more with the pen, it's just an added plus.

But cool that you got it to work for you! :thumbup:

ROM
    ATT SE 1.0

I posted the link that everyone here is using. It DOES work fine on ATT. Follow the instructions for installing it and using it. The only portion thst does not work is stamping. The app has not been updated to be fully compatible with our note 2's as of yet. That is why it was not included with the phone. Most likely it is not fully suporrted by android jellybean. Much like ios users some times have to wait for apps to update after a major os upgrade.

This may be due to my rom, but you don't get this in your notification area when you take the screen capture? On mine, it says at the top "saving to clipboard" and when I pull my notification down, this is what I get.

** And yes, ignore the rest of the stuff on top. That's not stock afaik****

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How do you draw on a picture?-uploadfromtaptalk1357747267849.jpg  

ROM
    ATT SE 1.0

I just checked and for whatever reason it is not working with android 4.1.2. Though it did work just fine for android 4.1.1

I also am running a rom as well. Cleanrom se 1.0

I can infact draw on photo in photo editor and it functions just like I said it would earlier but I cant access it from the gallery menu system.

Quote Originally Posted by jdub1981 View Post
    I just checked and for whatever reason it is not working with android 4.1.2. Though it did work just fine for android 4.1.1

I also am running a rom as well. Cleanrom se 1.0

I can infact draw on photo in photo editor and it functions just like I said it would earlier but I cant access it from the gallery menu system.

Upgrade dude to Cleanrom ACE 4.0.5. Much, much better than SE! He did quite a job with this one! It doesn't have the non stock kernel and a few other things, but it is like silk smooth, extremely responsive and the battery life is like no other I have used this far. I don't know how he's going to top this! That is, until he builds one with 4.2 features.

ROM
    ATT SE 1.0

I am unwilling to flash the perseus kernel. I know nothing of these types of things. Cleanrom works just fine for my needs. Battery life is a non issue annd I typically csn get 1.5 days use. I charge everyday not because I have but because I want a full charge for the day to come.

Ok... But this version "does not" have the other kernel. It is the stock kernel, so it is just like yours now, but of course, just a suggestion.

Just download a app called Line camera. You can import any pic into program and edit or write on it.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast