Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 60
Like Tree34Likes
  1. #26  

    Default Re: Sign This Petition: Dear Samsung, please make 64GB/32GB Samsung Galaxy Note 2!

    If a US carrier wanted the 32 gb or 64 gb versions they would have it.
    Samsung has no reason to refuse to sell a device in the US that they already manufacture for some Asian markets.
    There are two primary reasons the US carriers aren't pursuing the larger memory versions.
    1.) They don't feel there is a large enough market:
    Most of the carriers didn't believe in the original Note and didn't carry it.
    The Note II is still believed to be a niche device because of it's size and price point.
    The sweet spot for premium phones is $199 subsidized on a 2 year contract.
    Above that price meets considerable resistance from the general buying public.
    A 32gb GN2 would have to be priced at $399 and a 64gb version at $499.
    At that price there won't be enough units sold to bother with the trouble of stocking the device.
    Those that would buy at those prices would have bought the 16gb version anyway. There is not much more profit in the larger memory versions than the 16gb version for the carriers. They still use the same data plan and the carriers make money on the plans not the phones.
    2.) Data, Data, Data:
    As stated the carriers make money on plans not phones.
    With smartphones it is data plans. The larger the data plan the better.
    Providing to much on board storage reduces data use.
    Why provide 64gb of onboard storage when a customer can use a variety streaming and cloud based services that drive data use and revenue.
    There is still a chance that a 32 gb version could be released in the US once the initial sales momentum of launch fades.
    That would extend the life of the GN2 and add a boost of sales 4 to 6 months after launch.
    Six months following launch the 16gb GN2 could be reduced to $199 and the 32gb GN2 could be released at $299.
    Verizon currently has a Minimum Advertised Price for the GN2 of $299 that expires this spring.
    thomasanderson likes this.
  2. #27  

    Default Re: Sign This Petition: Dear Samsung, please make 64GB/32GB Samsung Galaxy Note 2!

    Quote Originally Posted by MittenSportsFan View Post
    If a US carrier wanted the 32 gb or 64 gb versions they would have it.
    Samsung has no reason to refuse to sell a device in the US that they already manufacture for some Asian markets.
    There are two primary reasons the US carriers aren't pursuing the larger memory versions.
    1.) They don't feel there is a large enough market:
    Most of the carriers didn't believe in the original Note and didn't carry it.
    The Note II is still believed to be a niche device because of it's size and price point.
    The sweet spot for premium phones is $199 subsidized on a 2 year contract.
    Above that price meets considerable resistance from the general buying public.
    A 32gb GN2 would have to be priced at $399 and a 64gb version at $499.
    At that price there won't be enough units sold to bother with the trouble of stocking the device.
    Those that would buy at those prices would have bought the 16gb version anyway. There is not much more profit in the larger memory versions than the 16gb version for the carriers. They still use the same data plan and the carriers make money on the plans not the phones.
    2.) Data, Data, Data:
    As stated the carriers make money on plans not phones.
    With smartphones it is data plans. The larger the data plan the better.
    Providing to much on board storage reduces data use.
    Why provide 64gb of onboard storage when a customer can use a variety streaming and cloud based services that drive data use and revenue.
    There is still a chance that a 32 gb version could be released in the US once the initial sales momentum of launch fades.
    That would extend the life of the GN2 and add a boost of sales 4 to 6 months after launch.
    Six months following launch the 16gb GN2 could be reduced to $199 and the 32gb GN2 could be released at $299.
    Verizon currently has a Minimum Advertised Price for the GN2 of $299 that expires this spring.
    Interesting and valid points. If they allowed us to install apps to our SD Cards without rooting that would make it easier.
  3. #28  
    Ry
    Ry is online now
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    7,190 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,197 Global Posts

    Default Re: Sign This Petition: Dear Samsung, please make 64GB/32GB Samsung Galaxy Note 2!

    Quote Originally Posted by dominick_7 View Post
    Interesting and valid points. If they allowed us to install apps to our SD Cards without rooting that would make it easier.
    Lack of apps to SD card isn't the carriers fault though.

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  4. #29  

    Default Re: Sign This Petition: Dear Samsung, please make 64GB/32GB Samsung Galaxy Note 2!

    It's Androids/Googles correct, a limitation made within Jellybean? I heard in order to push people to cloud storage.
  5. #30  
    G_The_One's Avatar

    Posts
    43 Posts
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7

    Default Re: Sign This Petition: Dear Samsung, please make 64GB/32GB Samsung Galaxy Note 2!

    Is this petition region specific? In other territories (like South Africa where I got mine), the 32GB was available at launch.
  6. #31  
    Ry
    Ry is online now
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    7,190 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,197 Global Posts

    Default Re: Sign This Petition: Dear Samsung, please make 64GB/32GB Samsung Galaxy Note 2!

    Quote Originally Posted by dominick_7 View Post
    It's Androids/Googles correct, a limitation made within Jellybean? I heard in order to push people to cloud storage.
    That may be a valid reason, but it isn't the only reason.

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  7. #32  
    piizzadude's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    5,768 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

    Default Re: Sign This Petition: Dear Samsung, please make 64GB/32GB Samsung Galaxy Note 2!

    I don't want to go around on this carousel again but no matter the reasons, it is not one of the better decisions made by Google at this time...

    Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.
  8. #33  

    Default Re: Sign This Petition: Dear Samsung, please make 64GB/32GB Samsung Galaxy Note 2!

    Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    I don't want to go around on this carousel again but no matter the reasons, it is not one of the better decisions made by Google at this time...

    Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.
    If you are talking about the decision to move certian apps to an SD card I can agree to an extent and the reason why I say to an extent is because if you can push every app to an SD Card, I feel that pirating apps would shoot up significantly. While there is a lot of that now, I feel that if Google made it easier by allowing users to put software on external memory it would just get worse.

    If you are talking about only having 16gb size, Google doesn't have control over that. That is between Samsung and their respective carrier.

    I hate to break it to you guys, nothing and I mean NOTHING will come from petitions or arguements like this. I don't want to sound negative, but the majority of people out there couldn't give a crap about moving apps to the SD Card or the internal size. Most people would simply be happy they have an option to use an SD Card. Period.
  9. #34  
    piizzadude's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    5,768 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

    Default Re: Sign This Petition: Dear Samsung, please make 64GB/32GB Samsung Galaxy Note 2!

    Pirating apps has nothing to do with pushing an app to the sdcard.
    I can download any app right now and just install it to the main phone storage.

    Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.
  10. #35  
    piizzadude's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    5,768 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

    Default Re: Sign This Petition: Dear Samsung, please make 64GB/32GB Samsung Galaxy Note 2!

    Oh and Google does have a bit to do with setting the standards for storage. If they put out a reference phone with 8 and 16gb choices, don't you think that carries a bit of influence? Just one of the reasons the n4 is a poor phone

    Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.
  11. #36  

    Default Re: Sign This Petition: Dear Samsung, please make 64GB/32GB Samsung Galaxy Note 2!

    Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    Oh and Google does have a bit to do with setting the standards for storage. If they put out a reference phone with 8 and 16gb choices, don't you think that carries a bit of influence? Just one of the reasons the n4 is a poor phone

    Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.
    Yes they do, and carriers have a big influence. I agree that phones that don't have external memory are pointless to offer at 8 and 16gb, I won't argue there. The N4 I wanted to love as a phone because I loved my Galaxy Nexus but the lack of LTE and expandible memory was a killer for me.
  12. #37  
    piizzadude's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    5,768 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

    Default Re: Sign This Petition: Dear Samsung, please make 64GB/32GB Samsung Galaxy Note 2!

    You and I share share in the disappointment. I wanted to like the n4 but it has too many negatives compared to oem phones, samsung in particular

    Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.
  13. #38  

    Default Re: Sign This Petition: Dear Samsung, please make 64GB/32GB Samsung Galaxy Note 2!

    Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    You and I share share in the disappointment. I wanted to like the n4 but it has too many negatives compared to oem phones, samsung in particular

    Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.
    It was a really dumb decision on those 2 things. I mean LTE is now pretty much in every major market and a majority of the smaller ones now. Besides, most people who owned a Nexus would know how to turn off the LTE radio if they don't have access to it so the logic behind that decision I still can't follow.

    The memory thing is more of what I have an issue with. I like to listen to music on one device and I would prefer to have the music on my SD Card instead of streaming it through Google Music or Pandora or whatever else. I have all my music on a 64gb SD Card and I use PowerAmp to play it and I am happy. Not having that ability (to an extent of being able to have my entire library on my phone) is not worth the price of admission right there.

    I also have never been a guy to like a glass backing phone. Had an iPhone 4/4S and tried using it caseless, couldn't do it.
  14. #39  
    piizzadude's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    5,768 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

    Default Re: Sign This Petition: Dear Samsung, please make 64GB/32GB Samsung Galaxy Note 2!

    Again you and I are on the same page. I said the other day that the n4 was a huge step backwards. The iNexus apologists of course would hear none of that.

    Lte, storage, design all negatives. Even the internals are not all that eyepopping. The camera is a marginal improvement but that is about it.

    Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.
  15. #40  

    Default Re: Sign This Petition: Dear Samsung, please make 64GB/32GB Samsung Galaxy Note 2!

    I will gladly sign your petition. I love the Note II, and would buy one today if they actually had the 32 GB AT&T version available. 16+64 just isn't enough. I currently carry a 32GB phone, a 64GB music player, and a 64 GB Tablet with SD ports just so I can carry everything I want to carry, (music, podcasts, language lessons, audio books, ebooks, movies). The storage space in the cloud, and bandwidth to stream all of this would be prohibitively expensive, not to mention untrustworthy in my locale and just doesn't work on a plane. I want to carry it with me. I would love to whittle this down to only carrying two units instead of 3, and my next phone WILL allow me to do this, and I won't buy until I can get what I want. I'm abandoning the IOS platform for Android because I will never be able to get what I want from Apple, and Android is just better.
  16. #41  

    Default Re: Sign This Petition: Dear Samsung, please make 64GB/32GB Samsung Galaxy Note 2!

    Hi

    I have done some research into this matter, and I may be wrong, but its seems that Samsung did in fact make a 64gb version and it was for sale only in S. Korea and apprently sold out on launch day(or the first month, i forget which). But after that they said they werent going to make anymore. I also think, and this may just be rumor, that they had some sort of problem getting the 64gb to work properly.

    This petition shouldn't be about getting them to make it so much as it should be getting them to release it in other countries. But even that wouldn't be so much of a problem if the updates from samsung weren't restricted by region, i.e. if you get a phone in S. Korea and import it to the US, you wont get updates. if they just removed this, then i would buy one from S. Korea.
  17. #42  

    Default Re: Sign This Petition: Dear Samsung, please make 64GB/32GB Samsung Galaxy Note 2!

    I'm probably shooting myself in the foot, but I don't understand why someone says something like 'I want 64' and people then seem to pour scorn on the idea.

    I've been looking at a Note for a while now. When I saw the new model and saw that you could get 64gb internal and the same external, I got to thinking. I currently travel with an iPad (64), iPod (160\, iPhone (32) and thought that the Note might replace all three. It isn't just the devices, it is the chargers too.

    That seemed like a plan! A good plan. I was almost astonished when I went to Singapore and found that they only had 16. The only place that seems to have 64 readily available is S Korea!
  18. #43  

    Default Re: Sign This Petition: Dear Samsung, please make 64GB/32GB Samsung Galaxy Note 2!

    Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    Have any petitions ever made a difference with any of these phone companies. Waste of effort.
    Maybe it will pressure Samsung to pressure the carriers. For sure nothing will happen if we don't try. A win is great but even a try beats failure.
  19. #44  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,645 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default Re: Sign This Petition: Dear Samsung, please make 64GB/32GB Samsung Galaxy Note 2!

    Quote Originally Posted by universeand View Post
    Maybe it will pressure Samsung to pressure the carriers. For sure nothing will happen if we don't try. A win is great but even a try beats failure.
    1% of their consumer base signing a petition is not going to pressure Samsung to do anything
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
    Ry and JHBThree like this.
  20. #45  

    Default Re: Sign This Petition: Dear Samsung, please make 64GB/32GB Samsung Galaxy Note 2!

    Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    1% of their consumer base signing a petition is not going to pressure Samsung to do anything
    Verizon might realize that 1% probably represents about 15 to 25% which is not insubstantial. And who knows with enough effort we could get higher than 1%. I think it's well worth the 5-7 minutes of anyone who cares.
  21. #46  
    Ry
    Ry is online now
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    7,190 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,197 Global Posts

    Default Re: Sign This Petition: Dear Samsung, please make 64GB/32GB Samsung Galaxy Note 2!

    Quote Originally Posted by universeand View Post
    Verizon might realize that 1% probably represents about 15 to 25% which is not insubstantial. And who knows with enough effort we could get higher than 1%. I think it's well worth the 5-7 minutes of anyone who cares.
    ..wait what? lol

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  22. #47  
    rexxman's Avatar

    Posts
    192 Posts
    Global Posts
    202 Global Posts

    Default Re: Sign This Petition: Dear Samsung, please make 64GB/32GB Samsung Galaxy Note 2!

    I would have a GN2 in my hand now but 16gb doesn't cut it for me. I wouldn't buy a tablet with 16gb, therefore, I wouldn't buy a phablet so constrained.

    What I find odd is making available increasingly powerful devices and then crippling them with meager storage. I don't fully subscribe to the theory of carrier bandwidth profit. Is it inventory cost?

    Perhaps there is an opportunity here for a 3rd party to profit by modification?

    And I don't understand the thinking of those who bash folks desiring > 16gb
    storage availability.

    Blue 32gb Galaxy S3
  23. #48  

    Default Re: Sign This Petition: Dear Samsung, please make 64GB/32GB Samsung Galaxy Note 2!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    ..wait what? lol
    and you think that rebuts the argument? lol
  24. #49  
    Ry
    Ry is online now
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    7,190 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,197 Global Posts

    Default Re: Sign This Petition: Dear Samsung, please make 64GB/32GB Samsung Galaxy Note 2!

    Quote Originally Posted by universeand View Post
    and you think that rebuts the argument? lol
    lol. The 1% does not represent up to 25%.

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  25. #50  

    Default Re: Sign This Petition: Dear Samsung, please make 64GB/32GB Samsung Galaxy Note 2!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    lol. The 1% does not represent up to 25%.

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    I think he is referring to the number of people who would agree to be greater than the number actually taking effort to sign a petition.

    I am not wasting my time on a petition, but I would love greater storage for apps.
    External sd card was great...until Google crippled the app transfer

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Sign the Petition For Moto to Make Good on Their Promises!
    By luke31 in forum RAZR Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-08-2012, 10:53 AM
  2. Sign the Petition For Moto to Make Good on Their Promises!
    By luke31 in forum Bionic Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-08-2012, 10:51 AM
  3. PLEASE make this Sprint article true!
    By Got2buzz in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-13-2011, 06:51 AM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-11-2010, 04:06 PM
  5. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-25-2010, 01:57 PM

Posting Permissions

B