Sign This Petition: Dear Samsung, please make 64GB/32GB Samsung Galaxy Note 2!

Peter Sewell

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi

I have done some research into this matter, and I may be wrong, but its seems that Samsung did in fact make a 64gb version and it was for sale only in S. Korea and apprently sold out on launch day(or the first month, i forget which). But after that they said they werent going to make anymore. I also think, and this may just be rumor, that they had some sort of problem getting the 64gb to work properly.

This petition shouldn't be about getting them to make it so much as it should be getting them to release it in other countries. But even that wouldn't be so much of a problem if the updates from samsung weren't restricted by region, i.e. if you get a phone in S. Korea and import it to the US, you wont get updates. if they just removed this, then i would buy one from S. Korea.

richmess

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
I'm probably shooting myself in the foot, but I don't understand why someone says something like 'I want 64' and people then seem to pour scorn on the idea.

I've been looking at a Note for a while now. When I saw the new model and saw that you could get 64gb internal and the same external, I got to thinking. I currently travel with an iPad (64), iPod (160\, iPhone (32) and thought that the Note might replace all three. It isn't just the devices, it is the chargers too.

That seemed like a plan! A good plan. I was almost astonished when I went to Singapore and found that they only had 16. The only place that seems to have 64 readily available is S Korea!

universeand

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
1% of their consumer base signing a petition is not going to pressure Samsung to do anything

Verizon might realize that 1% probably represents about 15 to 25% which is not insubstantial. And who knows with enough effort we could get higher than 1%. I think it's well worth the 5-7 minutes of anyone who cares.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Verizon might realize that 1% probably represents about 15 to 25% which is not insubstantial. And who knows with enough effort we could get higher than 1%. I think it's well worth the 5-7 minutes of anyone who cares.

..wait what? lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

rexxman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I would have a GN2 in my hand now but 16gb doesn't cut it for me. I wouldn't buy a tablet with 16gb, therefore, I wouldn't buy a phablet so constrained.

What I find odd is making available increasingly powerful devices and then crippling them with meager storage. I don't fully subscribe to the theory of carrier bandwidth profit. Is it inventory cost?

Perhaps there is an opportunity here for a 3rd party to profit by modification?

And I don't understand the thinking of those who bash folks desiring > 16gb
storage availability.

Blue 32gb Galaxy S3

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
lol. The 1% does not represent up to 25%.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

I think he is referring to the number of people who would agree to be greater than the number actually taking effort to sign a petition.

I am not wasting my time on a petition, but I would love greater storage for apps.
External sd card was great...until Google crippled the app transfer:(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

rexxman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I think he is referring to the number of people who would agree to be greater than the number actually taking effort to sign a petition.

I am not wasting my time on a petition, but I would love greater storage for apps.

Very interesting that you would love more storage, but consider signing a petition to let mfg and/or carriers know, a waste of time. Not judging, just noting.

And agreed. Mfg/carriers are aware of this and that is why 1% represents the tip of the iceberg.

Grandma would often say "Wish in one hand and crap in the other and see which one fills up faster".

I'm clean handed in this. I've signed. :)

Blue 32gb Galaxy S3

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

The people that want these higher capacity phones right now will be a vocal minority. I'd even say they're an insignificant (in terms of number of people) minority.

TheOtherBill

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
The people that want these higher capacity phones right now will be a vocal minority. I'd even say they're an insignificant (in terms of number of people) minority.
I half agree. Insignificant in terms of percentage, but with so many millions of phones already sold, it's a large number of people. If Samsung were to get an extra $50 profit on each of those, it would be big money for them.
Look at desk/lap tops, you can get those with 4 gig for less than you paid for 1 gig a few years ago. 16gb phones are very common, I would think the memory in them would be doubling soon.

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
If you don't want/need more phone memory shut up and don't comment on this thread. Plain and simple 2 things should happen. Either Samsung release a 32/64GB version of the GN2 or they should say up front that the phone is 16GB but only 10GB is accessible to the user. That would solve everything. Mobile gaming is becoming more important these days so it would make more sense to release the same phone with different amounts of memory.

I've heard that a 64GB version does exist but only in Korea. The catch is you can get it but don't expect and 4G/LTE.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
If you don't want/need more phone memory shut up and don't comment on this thread. Plain and simple 2 things should happen. Either Samsung release a 32/64GB version of the GN2 or they should say up front that the phone is 16GB but only 10GB is accessible to the user. That would solve everything. Mobile gaming is becoming more important these days so it would make more sense to release the same phone with different amounts of memory.

I've heard that a 64GB version does exist but only in Korea. The catch is you can get it but don't expect and 4G/LTE.

lol. That wouldn't solve anything.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Samsung would be more than happy to make the bigger memory notes. It's the big carriers here that have to buy them, and if they feel that they won't sell they won't order them period. In fact they already make that size overseas but mostly thanks to Verizon dictating what will sell in the us cell market, we most likely won't see them.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Crabmunkey14

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Well what about the games that are only wrote for android, or people who don't have said systems, what of them, or people who don't have the time to you them, do you really expect them to give up their games?

Christopher Jack

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Why are people in forums so self-centered? just because your life does not demand more storage you have to belittle the need or desires of others? In my line of work, I use every bit of my storage for apps and entertainment. It would be nice if i had more storage for when i travel because i do not want to take my PS3 on the plane with me. Is that okay with you?

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
With my 32GB S4 and 64GB SD card I feel it's enough storage. 16GB seems like it's rather limiting but that's all this Note 8 has. However, its 32GB SD card helps to offset the 16GB internal storage limitation. I still have not accepted the idea that I should store all my data in the sky.

Sent from my Note 8.0 LTE

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc