Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Default Re: How is your battery life?Note 2

BOOM!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How is your battery life?Note 2-screenshot_2012-12-23-20-47-40.png   How is your battery life?Note 2-screenshot_2012-12-23-20-52-34.png  
    Johnly likes this.

Battery life is very good...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How is your battery life?Note 2-uploadfromtaptalk1356739239314.jpg   How is your battery life?Note 2-uploadfromtaptalk1356739251735.jpg  

Battery life is phenomenal.

--------------------
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do." -Oscar Gamble
    --------------------

Best battery life on a phone YET !

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

I've been home all day (out sick from work) and this is really impressive

My Precious....Note2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How is your battery life?Note 2-uploadfromtaptalk1356768039870.jpg   How is your battery life?Note 2-uploadfromtaptalk1356768056393.jpg  

I rooted & unlocked my Note 2 using Adam Outler's method & flashed Jellybeans Build 6 with the Perseus kernel. My battery life is even better now.

I absolutely love everything about this phone now that I have only the bloat that I wanted to keep, ALL apps available in Multiview, & the patch for the Exynos processor included in the kernel.
    --------------------
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do." -Oscar Gamble
    --------------------

I'm very, very impressed by the battery life of the Note 2. I had previously looked up the battery life and the reports were good, but I was still surprised at just how long the battery lasts. Mine lasts over a day easily, that's with relatively heavy WiFi use.

To anyone struggling with battery life - I'd suggest turning off your mobile data connection when you're not using it. Apps in the background may be constantly using it to update, and the connection is constantly using the battery to work to get the best signal. Also, a good bet is to use the battery saver option if you aren't already doing that.
    aaronbuescher likes this.

Mine today

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How is your battery life?Note 2-uploadfromtaptalk1358370848616.jpg  

Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    ROM
    Peter's Bugless Beast ICS

I've had mine for about a week now. Battery life is great coming for a nexus S 4g. This is the last two days life. 8hrs of tune in streaming live. A mix of wifi and 4G. Crappy signal, twitter Facebook and everything else.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How is your battery life?Note 2-uploadfromtaptalk1359053314869.jpg   How is your battery life?Note 2-uploadfromtaptalk1359053328024.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by skinneejay View Post
    I've had mine for about a week now. Battery life is great coming for a nexus S 4g. This is the last two days life. 8hrs of tune in streaming live. A mix of wifi and 4G. Crappy signal, twitter Facebook and everything else.

I would be curious as to why after the 4.1.2 update my battery times are less than post update.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

There have been others that have posted the same as myself...that something occured as a result of the updates. Im on AT&T and have the SGH-1317. Im full stock no root ever. No games, and have the same software load as prior update. AT&T did a undisclosed update prior to the 4.1.2 release. The Following day the 4.1.2 update occured. I noticed that Battery time was no longer the same.
    I had nothing disabled before the update, now I've got all the att bloat crap disabled. Trying to figure out whats happened.

Battery lasts a very very long time for me
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How is your battery life?Note 2-2013-01-08-13-39-16.jpg   How is your battery life?Note 2-2013-01-18-19-22-07.jpg   How is your battery life?Note 2-2013-01-25-11-29-57.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Sd View Post
    You had to have Photoshopped those or have a high capacity battery. It does appear that you don't turn the screen often though.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse2K View Post
    You had to have Photoshopped those or have a high capacity battery. It does appear that you don't turn the screen often though.

Ya, I wonder what's his screen time since he didn't post none. (Unless it's hooked up to a car battery, should we let it slip?) LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Droid_Evo_8 View Post
    Ya, I wonder what's his screen time since he didn't post none. (Unless it's hooked up to a car battery, should we let it slip?) LOL
    I had posted how I was able to get these battery times, but the post is under review. As you can see that the discharge times are different, one is at 53% and the other is at 66% showing different usages.
    If I had connected to an external source it would have shown as "charging"
    Wanted to add the date and time when the screen shots were taken 1st - 2013-01-08-13-39-16, 2nd 2013-01-18-19-22-07 and 3rd 2013-01-25-11-29-57. This was taken using the pen to capture screen.
    Date and time of the recent photos 2013-01-25-15-29-34 and 2013-01-25-15-29-47

@eclipse2k
    If you compare the time on the "posted time" and on the image, you will see that they tally. (and the time difference).
    The point is "why would I lie?" (photoshop)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How is your battery life?Note 2-2013-01-25-15-29-34.jpg   How is your battery life?Note 2-2013-01-25-15-29-47.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse2K View Post

This is stock jelly bean. The update was not kind on the battery. Had to revert. Everything on the phone is stock. Phone discharges at 1% for every 10 minutes of HD 1080 mkv video, outdoors!

Quote Originally Posted by Droid_Evo_8 View Post
    When I watch video HD 1080 mkv. the battery discharges at 1% every 10 minutes, outdoors.

A clip from techradar.com on Note 2 battery life.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How is your battery life?Note 2-uploadfromtaptalk1359115226241.jpg  

I had posted how I was able to get these battery times, but the post is under review. As you can see that the discharge times are different, one is at 53% and the other is at 66% showing different usages.
    If I had connected to an external source it would have shown as "charging"
    Wanted to add the date and time when the screen shots were taken 1st - 2013-01-08-13-39-16, 2nd 2013-01-18-19-22-07 and 3rd 2013-01-25-11-29-57. This was taken using the pen to capture screen.
    Date and time of the recent photos 2013-01-25-15-29-34 and 2013-01-25-15-29-47

@eclipse2k
    If you compare the time on the "posted time" and on the image, you will see that they tally. (and the time difference).
    The point is "why would I lie?" (photoshop)
    edit
    the link is up over here
    Terrible, terrible battery life on the Note 2.

The update was not kind on the battery. Had to revert.
    How exactly did you do that? I was under the impression that once we update the OS, we can't revert to the older version(s).

This is stock jelly bean. The update was not kind on the battery. Had to revert. Everything on the phone is stock. Phone discharges at 1% for every 10 minutes of HD 1080 mkv video, outdoors!
    Ah, that explains it. My photo shop comment was more of a joke. That's insane.

@maxbuck
    You can download the version you want from sammobile and instal the OS using odin. Quite easy. Just follow instruction you can't go wrong.
    I Think the reverting problem exists only on the Iphone and Nokia I do not know about the others.
    You have to do full wipe and things like that, since I had the tools required (jtag and z3x, to recover from hard brick), did not think twice, though I would advice you to exercise caution.
    This is the version that I used and the one that the phone is running on right now "1N7100XXALJ3_N7100OXXALJ4_BTU" (the one for your area might be different). Don't forget to do a full wipe, There is a wipe script available for that.
    check out the battery life I'm getting by clicking the link in my previous post.
    bye

Being that I could only get about 6 hours out of my EVO3D and Hero before that...I am loving this thing!

How is your battery life?Note 2-screenshots_2013-01-25-11-16-39.png

ROM
    Stock

SCREEN TIME, bud, SCREEN TIME. Like this:

Where is yours?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast