Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How is your battery life?Note 2

Does it last you Allday?
    What do you do on your Note 2 that kills your batter fast?
    How does it compare to your Old Phone?
    Are you satisfied with it?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: How is your battery life?Note 2

Oh my god seriously this is amazing...

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I et a full days worth out of mine easily.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How is your battery life?Note 2-uploadfromtaptalk1354338179605.jpg  

I have been using mine all day with really heavy use and am Still at 50%. Once I get it down really low I'll report back.

I get 20+ hours without issue and I tend to leave GPS and Wi-Fi on all the time and I don't have power saving mode turned on, and on top of that I usually have my screen brightness up at 75% or so. I don't really have a need to conserve battery because I'm so used to plugging in my phone every night with my G2 and my S3. I have found that a few times I have run out of battery before the day is done only because I didn't charge my Note 2 the day/night before. So essentially by day 2 I finally run into issues.

This is a great problem to have.
    TheOtherBill likes this.

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts

Easily get 2 full days and on charge the 3rd morning with moderate usage. 3g, gps and sync on all the time. By far the best battery stats in my life story with mobiles and have used all from nokias to apple and blackberry. Just made the switch from iphone to Android cos the iphone 5 didnt ring any bells having used the 4s. Havent regretted switching to android and expecially the note 2 cos battery life for me is the most critical amongst all other features.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Ok here's my scenario...
    Full charge to 100%, unplugged from charger & go to bed. I wake up 7 hours later with 79% of battery left. Is this normal & considered good battery life?
    I left my wifi on, power saving option on, mobile data on, brightness set to 40%, sync is off.

ROM
    ATT SE 1.0

No it is not good. You most likely have an app doing something it shouldnt be. I took mine off the charger this morning at 7. I weny back to sleep and by 12 with no use I had lost 3%

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How is your battery life?Note 2-uploadfromtaptalk1354411160520.jpg  

Global Posts
    412 Global Posts

This is my worst day yet. I was traveling, reading an ebook and doing all sorts of web things in airports, using GPS once I got there, using it in the restaurant etc. I am completely satisfied. I normally leave it plugged in all night while I sleep and have never had this phone die on me in the day when I needed it. I suggest people do the same and soon you never will worry about battery state. Recently I even turned off the percent charge in in the top bar, it just isn't necessary to know.

Thanked by:
    eckl 
    eckl and TheOtherBill like this.

Didn't take a screenshot with mine but I am SERIOUSLY impressed. My old phone, which is now my wife's, was a Droid RAZR MAXX. Yesterday from a full charge I used: GPS 1.5 hours, played Order and Chaos for 1hr 10min, watched 2 episodes of Fist of the Northstar on Crackle, played COUNTLESS videos on YouTube, Facebook, etc.

All in all I had about 4 hours of screen on time, lots of GPS, etc. When I finally went to bed, I had 18hours 44min of time off charger and still had 36% battery. This thing easily rivals my MAXX in battery life. Sure, it will be a bit less but I'm a heavy user and I'm THRILLED with the battery life from the first day and I know the battery will be a bit better even after a few charge cycles.

Global Posts
    184 Global Posts

After a whole day off normal usage mine rarely gets below 60%! My evo 3d would usually need charging on the way home from work to make it through the evening.

Mike

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Mine does not seem that good, right now I have two hours on and one hour on screen and am at 90%.

This is what HEAVY use on a weak 4G LTE signal does to it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How is your battery life?Note 2-uploadfromtaptalk1354483555854.jpg  

I live in Ga and I get great battery life, I am so surprised since my last phone was a Samsung Galaxy S3 and battery life was crap.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

Hi, new here but I've been using my Note II for about 2 weeks. Previously had a GSIII but I regretted buying it in white. Turning point was when my sd card got corrupted and my battery would drain from 100% to 14% in 4 hours of standby because it kept mounting and unmounting the card. This happened with 2 different sd cards and since it was an international version with no warranty I just sold it for a very low amount and got a Note II instead. So far I've been loving the battery life. I like to charge it every other day and I actually find myself trying to run down the battery at the end of the second day (I don't like to charge my phone when it's above 13%) so that I can start the next day with a full charge. I always turn my phone off to charge it, but usually with less screen time than shown below I tend to average about 2d 12hrs.

I had 19% battery life and had to play music for over 3hrs straight to get it to 9%.

I.LOVE.THIS.PHONE.

Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

I am amazed at the battery life of this phone. Especially when I consider the size of the screen and the fact that it is an LTE phone.
    Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note 2, Verizon Galaxy S4, or N7, or MacBook Air

Ok Guys let me surprise you here, I'm having a big issue with my Note2, mine only lasts 6 hours!! and even less! this is killing me I'm about to through the phone away!!

I have three Email adresses, average number of emails on all will be around 300 daily, I make like maybe an hour talking every day, I use it as my Mp3 player connected to my car, and 3Gm BT and WIFI always running any thing wrong here?

Mine lasts a whole day + about 20%, with like an hr of game play, texting and occasional web. On wifi.

I tried a Razr Maxx HD for a little over a week and this phone is close to being on par with that one. I had a bad battery day yesterday, but I made some software changes that I think had an effect. I changed everything back and battery is back to where it was the day before. I will absolutely charge my phone nightly because I have to have the power to make it through a day. Over the last 11 days my best guess would be about 40% left after a full day of use. Off charge at 7 - 7:30 AM and on at midnight, 16 - 17 hours per day. It's not what some are reporting, but I don't turn anything off, don't use power saving mode, and travel for work quite a bit. The travel and going in and out of appointments can take a toll on signal strength and battery.

For those of you with battery issues the first question I always ask is how is the signal strength where you spend the majority of your time? I believe it is the single biggest impact on overall battery life, with possibly the exception of the screen. When I am in a meeting with little to no signal, my battery plummets on every phone I have ever owned, including several Blackberries with notoriously good battery life. The next thing I check for is to see if anything is keeping your phone awake even if the screen is off. A rogue app or process. A lot of times a restart will clear it up.

A couple of habits I have been doing for quite a while with every smart phone over the last year or two has been to close any open apps and clear RAM at bedtime before putting on the charger. In the morning I always unplug and check my phone, then place it back on the charger to effectively bump it back to a true 100%. Smart chargers will cycle between 95% or so and 100%. That's why you will sometimes notice an immediate drop when unplugging and sometimes it stays at 100% for quite a while.

All in all I am very happy with the battery life on this phone. Over the last 2.5 years I have had iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, Droid Charge, iPhone 4S, LG Revolution (2 weeks), Galaxy S3, Razr Maxx HD (10 days), and the Note 2. Plus, up until 45 days ago I also carried a BB for work. Now that the BB has gone to heaven all of my calls and emails are made with one device.
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - AT&T
    Motorola Moto X - unlocked GSM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - LTE AT&T
    Apple iPad Mini Retina - 32GB LTE
    paul-c likes this.

Global Posts
    4,722 Global Posts
    ROM
    All Stock

I am quite pleased with the battery life this thing. There hasn't been a day that I've run out of power since I've had it. That was something I could never do with my SGS unless I left it on standby most of the day.

One thing I used to see with my SGS was a huge power drain when roaming. It would constantly search for the home network and suck the battery dry in a few hours. I haven't been traveling since getting the Note 2, so I'll have to wait and see how it does when roaming. I do have a spare battery, just in case, which had never been needed yet.
    RuneCryption - Unique memory puzzle game for Android. ( Google Play - Amazon Appstore )

It gives me about ten to twelve hours. 3G mode on the whole time.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

Just used my phone all day yesterday. No power save on at all, screen brightness on auto, used paper artist, tango, camera, skype, facebook, internet browser, pandora, and played a couple of games. As I plugged it in the charge before I went to sleep I was at 25%, so from 400am in the morning to 1030pm I used 75% of the battery that is the best battery life I have ever seen on any of my phones, My wife has an Iphone 5 lol she wakes up at 9am by 6pm she was charging lol.

I ran my phone the past two days trying to run it down to 20% before recharging the battery. Used it a lot - updating and adding all the apps that I had on my Droid Charge, reading Kindle book, watching part of a movie, text messaging and telephoning. Even used it for auto navigation, and used it for wifi hotspot for about a half hour..

At 10 pm on the second day I finally gave up, having gotten the battery down only to about 35% in a total of about 24 usage hours. Great battery life.

2 days easy. I've noticed that a strong LTE signal consumes less power than using WiFi
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast