mobile data toggle, where is it.

whyst

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I have sprint note 2.. but can't find a way to enable the mobile data toggle icon. I have seen it in many other screen shots from other devices. Is it a Sprint issue?

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
it is a note 2 issue from what I have seen. Other devices have it (SGS3) but it is not stock with the note.

there are a bunch in the market that should do the trick

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
From any screen pull down with one finger from the top to get your normal toggles (wifi, gps, sound, screen rotation, bluetooth) and notifications

From there instead of tapping one of the above swipe the toggles from right to left to reveal the rest (mobile data, blocking mode, power savings, allshare cast, sync)

It is subtle so that you may not notice it but when you pull down the notifications the toggles show you the extra toggles for an instant and then scroll to the left, hinting at more hiding to the right. If you pull down notifications and stop mid way without letting go you can see this.

This on the international N7100, should be same on all I would think.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
From any screen pull down with one finger from the top to get your normal toggles (wifi, gps, sound, screen rotation, bluetooth) and notifications

From there instead of tapping one of the above swipe the toggles from right to left to reveal the rest (mobile data, blocking mode, power savings, allshare cast, sync)

It is subtle so that you may not notice it but when you pull down the notifications the toggles show you the extra toggles for an instant and then scroll to the left, hinting at more hiding to the right. If you pull down notifications and stop mid way without letting go you can see this.

This on the international N7100, should be same on all I would think.

Nope, the us versions have just five or six across the top, no swipe to see more

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

Cmatt1971

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
My AT&T model has ability to swipe, but no mobile data option.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
From the carriers: mobile data option has been removed so you will use more data which we can charge you for. Thank you for buying a "customized" and subsidized phone.

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
What about from the system settings?
On the Galaxy SIII -
Menu-Data-Mobile data check box

Not on the ATT Note 2 there either?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

whyst

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Sprint toggles include wifi, blue tooth, gps, sync, screen rotation. You swipe the bar to the left, and you see... vibrate, power saving, driving, allshare, multiwindow.

So strange there is no widgetshortcut either.

On my HTC Evo LTC, there are widget shortcuts for Mobile Data as well.

Now, I found an app Power Toggle, which I like.

Kind of funny that carriers will remove such an important part of phone function.

Thanks for all who commented.

Cmatt1971

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
What about from the system settings?
On the Galaxy SIII -
Menu-Data-Mobile data check box

Not on the ATT Note 2 there either?

It is in settings on the AT&T Note 2, just not in notifications area.

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
It is in settings on the AT&T Note 2, just not in notifications area.

Ok, thanks. Strange some of the things missing from the ATT Note 2. This and the photo editor issue. Especially when my Galaxy S3 has both..

Plan to get the Note II soon, so at least glad the option is there somewhere.

MiXoLoGiSt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Sprint toggles include wifi, blue tooth, gps, sync, screen rotation. You swipe the bar to the left, and you see... vibrate, power saving, driving, allshare, multiwindow.

So strange there is no widgetshortcut either.

On my HTC Evo LTC, there are widget shortcuts for Mobile Data as well.

Now, I found an app Power Toggle, which I like.

Kind of funny that carriers will remove such an important part of phone function.

Thanks for all who commented.

You don't have a blocking mode toggle on Sprint?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

Cmatt1971

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I wish they would have made it possible to set the toggles to what you need instead of things I don't need.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
That is one of the joys of custom ROMs but I get where you are coming from.

I have to say that I am very surprised that they changed TW around as much as they did for any carrier. My SGS3 has blocking mode right there in the settings menu.

Cmatt1971

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
That is one of the joys of custom ROMs but I get where you are coming from.

The Note 2 is the first Android device I haven't rooted and installed custom a ROM on, I keep telling myself I'm not going to do it, but not sure how long that's going to last. :)

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
if you have done it once, it is hard not to do it again...especially since you know there are things that annoy you that you can fix...like the stuff in this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781