Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

Default Seidio Desktop Cradle

Has anyone else purchased the Seidio Desktop Cradle for their Note 2? I did and recieved it a few days ago. The problem I am having with it is that the charging cable they included with it does not work with the Note 2. I am having to use the cable that came with the Note 2 in order for the desktop cradle to charge the phone.
    Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note 2, Verizon Galaxy S4, or N7, or MacBook Air

Default Re: Seidio Desktop Cradle

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

I got the cradle and it did not come with a charger. Only came with a USB cable. Nothing to plug into the wall! Plus the Note does not seam to recognize it as a cradle....
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

Default Seidio Desktop Cradle

Quote Originally Posted by fig95 View Post
    I got the cradle and it did not come with a charger. Only came with a USB cable. Nothing to plug into the wall! Plus the Note does not seam to recognize it as a cradle....
    It doesn't recognize it as a cradle on mine either. The instructions said that it might not. On mine they included a USB cable as well as a wall plug. Since the phone wouldn't charge with the one provided by Seidio, I decided to use the one that came with the phone. That works fine. Apparently, the plug/cable that came with mine weren't the proper voltages or something for a Note 2.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note 2, Verizon Galaxy S4, or N7, or MacBook Air

Quote Originally Posted by PaulDroidR2D2 View Post
    It doesn't recognize it as a cradle on mine either. The instructions said that it might not. On mine they included a USB cable as well as a wall plug. Since the phone wouldn't charge with the one provided by Seidio, I decided to use the one that came with the phone. That works fine. Apparently, the plug/cable that came with mine weren't the proper voltages or something for a Note 2.

The wall adapter should be able to charge your Note 2 while on the cradle as we have one in the office here that is currently using this system. Therefore, I believe that the adapter you received might be the issue here. Please send me a PM with your order number, and I will have our customer service department help you out with a replacement.
    SEIDIO
    forum@seidio.com

Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Google+ for special savings and new product updates!

Global Posts
    583 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PaulDroidR2D2 View Post

Check the aps on the plug that came with the cradle. The Note 2 comes with a plug that has 2.0amps output (like the iPad). Most phones come with plugs that have an output of aprox. 1.0amps. All usb plugs have an output of 5V, so you don't have to worry about frying your phone. The reduced amps may be the problem. If you can get it to work with a reduced amp output, it will take longer to charge.