Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree4Likes

Default Re: 20-40% battery loss overnight

I doubt that the color difference has anything to do with batter life.

I don't use Chrome due to it using much more CPU time then the default browser. When ever you use either the default browser or chrome, make sure that when you're done, hold down the home key and swipe it to the side. That way it will not keep running in the background.

Try using the default browser rather then chrome. Also make sure you don't have Google contacts checked in Google sync options. That seemed to drain allot of battery for me.

I also notice Google+ sync used allot of battery. If you're a heavy Google+ user, be sure to un check it in Google sync options. You will get an email every time something important happens in Google+, if you don't you can set it up that way.

The fact that you don't use Google Plus should give you great battery life alone but the things I stated above should also help.

Make sure you have report from this device unchecked in you're Google Maps settings, along with location History unchecked. I use Google Now but still don't have them checked due to those settings causing my device to not get much deep sleep.

Now, do you use LTE, 3G, HSPA+ or are you on Wi-Fi most of the time? These things can change you're battery life dramatically. I'm always on Wi-Fi at home, but I use HSPA when I'm out. I do have LTE here in Hawaii but I'm on T-Mobile and while it's fast. It's so spotty and always going back and forth to LTE to HSPA. I find it's just not worth it due to the extreme battery drain being on LTE causes. If T-Mobile fixes this issue so I don't move two feet and get dropped from LTE or go into my home and get dropped from LTE maybe I'll try it again.

So what I'm saying is depending on what connection you're using and how good it is can change you're battery from being at 50% at the end of the day or at 5% at the end of the day.

Let me know what you use and if you're settings are changed or your going to change them to what I advised. Do you use Chat On? Do you sync other email accounts with the email app? Do you use other messaging apps?

Let me know and I'll try to help you. If would also be great if you could take screen shots of your battery monitor. Also click the top of it and show me your phone stats.

If you answer my questions and try to get screens, I should be able to help you.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I lose, on average, about 2-3% per night. I use juice defender, and put the phone in airplane mode before I go to sleep (quick toggle ftw!)

Tapatalked from my Nexus 10

I too loss about 20%, what I try to do is stop all apps, turn off GPS Mobile data, and all the gestures, oh and NFC and S beam, it help a little bit.

I lose about 10% overnight. That's with everything on. I don't put on airplane mode or turn off Google Now.

I do however restart my Note 2 before I charge it each time. Just because if I don't Google Services eats up a crazy amount of my battery.

I do think I'll start turning off sync though. That way I won't have to worry about getting emails that will wake me.

I might go ahead and try putting my Note 2 in airplane mode just to see how that goes.

I'll let you know.

But 20% battery life overnight is kind up there. You must have allot of background apps that use push service like Chat On. ect.

Quote Originally Posted by Onemoa View Post
    I lose about 10% overnight. That's with everything on. I don't put on airplane mode or turn off Google Now.

I might go ahead and try putting my Note 2 in airplane mode just to see how that goes.

I'll let you know.

I can't guarantee it works, but it saves a TON of battery for me.

I would love to see how it works out for you!

Tapped from my Nexus 10.1

Air Plane mode did indeed help battery drain by allot. I only lost a few percent.

The down side is I can't receive important calls.

Air Plane mode did indeed help battery drain by allot. I only lost a few percent.

The down side is I can't receive important calls.

Agreed, but I don't usually go to sleep until around 12 or so, so anyone calling at that time, is either drunk, or simply impolite

Tapped from my Nexus 10.1

Have you tried setting 'Wi-Fi always on during sleep' to never?

Sent from my GT-N7100

Yes. I get better battery life with Wifi on because the signal in my house, let alone bedroom isn't good. I get 1 bar of 4G maybe 2 if my phone is in the right area and I don't move it around.

I find if you don't have a good signal I get better battery life with Wifi always on. I get a great Wifi signal though, so that might help.

My brother and his black note 2 have issues. I actually get pretty great battery life most of the time. It will last me 1.5 - 2 days. When I was at coachella, my editor would have to charge his iphone at least 3 times a day and my phone would still be at 70% by the end of the night.

The few times I've had issues, it's after some google app updates and drains my battery like crazy (losing 40% overnight while in airplane mode!). I just go back and uninstall updates and that usually takes care of the problem.

Uninstalled Google updates or bloatware updates?

12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #87  

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts

On vacation I left my phone on airplane mode and it lasted for a few days on moderate use.

Yeah it's pretty crazy how much more battery life you get while in airplane mode. But then it just turns it into a tablet. Much better then nothing though. It is nice that you can use Wifi though, I've never tried Wifi calling in airplane mode.

I have seen a very large improvement in "standby " battery drain after rooting and installing the Whompasaurus ROM. Not sure if its the kernel, the bloat wear removal or other settings.

Overnight I'm down to to 2% drop overnight (withJuiceDefender balanced settings) from 5-6% before root.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    Pilot - Visor - Moto - Treo 300 - Treo 650 - Treo 755 - Pre - Evo - Evo 4g LTE - NOTE 2

Well, I've gotten a little over 36 hours on my note 2 with moderate use.

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    I have seen a very large improvement in "standby " battery drain after rooting and installing the Whompasaurus ROM. Not sure if its the kernel, the bloat wear removal or other settings.

Overnight I'm down to to 2% drop overnight (withJuiceDefender balanced settings) from 5-6% before root.

That's pretty awesome. You still get Wifi calling? Also do you have Google Now turned on?

That's pretty awesome. You still get Wifi calling? Also do you have Google Now turned on?

Should have given more info. Using JD I have everything except voice call turned off at night.

Using the Perseus kernel that seems to have better battery life for me than stock. You also can underclock it and undervolt it to save juice (but can go unstable)

I also have Google Now turned off. I use it a lot when out of town, but don't need it at home and its a battery drain for sure.

Pilot - Visor - Moto - Treo 300 - Treo 650 - Treo 755 - Pre - Evo - Evo 4g LTE - NOTE 2

When you turn it off and on don't you have to go through kinda a setup. Every time you turn it back on. Google Now turns on you're location history, checks report from this device, ect.

That's how it was for me when I turned it off to see the difference in battery life. There is a difference but not a big enough one to turn it off and on and deal with the settings.

I do however "wish" it was that simple. That way I could turn Google Now off and on anytime I want. Without having to turn off the location history, un check report from this device. Then... THEN! turn off all the cards I don't use, same goes for notifications, ect.

It would be cool if Google changed Google Now so it would keep all you're settings the same. That way you could turn Google Now off and on as you please.

OR.... Google optimize the battery drain Google Now uses. That way we would never have to turn it off since it wouldn't be worth it. Because the amount of battery life it used would be so little it wouldn't make a big enough difference.

I still do feel however. That you should be show to turn it off and on without loss of you're former settings.

I have du battery saver ive set it to long mode and its pretty nice the data being on is suckin ur phone bat and wifi is even worse .. tech support
    Sent from S4.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon_galaxy View Post
    I have du battery saver ive set it to long mode and its pretty nice the data being on is suckin ur phone bat and wifi is even worse .. tech support
    Sent from S4.

That's weird because I get much better battery life on Wifi then on Mobile Data.

Wifi = Best battery life.

4G (HSPA) = Second best battery life.

LTE = Worst battery life. *even more so if you don't have a good signal*

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I'm at home, I'm always on Wifi. I get the best battery life. I don't use Wifi calling often so I'm on Wifi and 4G (HSPA).

If I'm out I turn off Wifi and use 4G (HSPA) and I notice a difference in battery drain. A noticeable difference to say the least.

If I'm out or home and I decide to turn on LTE I always notice a huge battery drain. On LTE it's crazy battery drain. It's very spotty and I don't get more then 3 bars. When I do have a good signal on LTE it's great and my speeds are crazy fast. I still notice the battery drain but it's not as bad when I have a good LTE signal. But if I move a few feet the signal drops down to 4G. There are some areas that I can keep a ok signal but that's only within a block or two...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234