Go from Galaxy S3 to Note2?

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Ok I have both GS3 & Note2 and my intention was to use the note 2 on my business line replacing my Galxy Nexus that was on that line ...continuing on with my GS3 as my daily driver ...well I made the mistake of "just testing out" the note 2 on my primary line and I cant put it down ...its not that much different than the GS3 but its that much better ...is it the quad core? The pen? Screen? Or the fact that its new?...idk.. I just like it better..with that said I still love the GS3...and will love using it as my business line ...lol

if you have or had a GS3, do you agree the note2 is just a step ahead..or is it all in my mind?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Uristocles

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I can't imagine using any other phone at this point. It might be that I'm still in the honeymoon phase haha (only had it about a month) but really - it's just a great device. Saved me purchasing a mini-tablet. It really is the perfect all in one device.

kregstrong

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
I went from nexus to gs3 to gnote. I would say the jump from nexus to gs3 is about the same as gs3 to note as far as screen and speed go. This screen really does look way better than the gs3. And the device is a good bit faster as well. Im still trying to get used to the size. But as far as the device goes, it is definately a step ahead of gs3. Really nice. Love the insanely fast boot times, gotta be 15 seconds lol

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
My man, note 2 *hits on the s3. I just upgraded on Saturday and its leaps and bounds better imo. Faster, s-pen, more productivity, screen size, etc. Note 2 ftw, if you can get past the size you are golden. Im still getting used to the size, but everything else is a go.

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Yea once you get over the size its hands down the best device ive owned. ...usually I install swift key but ...I see no need ...this keyboard meets all my needs so far also...maybe cause there is so much real estate

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Go ahead and rub it in, as I slum around with my Galaxy SIII. :eek:

Soon, I will have one soon. :(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

AustinTech

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I am wondering the same thing. Went from the thunderbolt to the SG3 and have been very happy with the change. The gs3 doesn't lock very fast on the GPS, but everything else is money.

Might go get the Note 2 tomorrow though, I have an upgrade to use. Just a tough choice, I don't want to tire of the size in a month or so and wish I kept the GS3 or just waited for something new.

Any advice?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Android Central Forums

MiXoLoGiSt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I am wondering the same thing. Went from the thunderbolt to the SG3 and have been very happy with the change. The gs3 doesn't lock very fast on the GPS, but everything else is money.

Might go get the Note 2 tomorrow though, I have an upgrade to use. Just a tough choice, I don't want to tire of the size in a month or so and wish I kept the GS3 or just waited for something new.

Any advice?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Android Central Forums

Only you can answer the question on if you can handle it or not. I went from an iphone 5 to the Note 2 and I haven't had trouble adjusting to the size. If anything you get more used to the size over time. I have had mine since Thursday and it seems normal now with the exception of having to use a 2nd hand to pull down nifitications and reach the top of the screen. This will vary on hand size as well though.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

kregstrong

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Only you can answer the question on if you can handle it or not. I went from an iphone 5 to the Note 2 and I haven't had trouble adjusting to the size. If anything you get more used to the size over time. I have had mine since Thursday and it seems normal now with the exception of having to use a 2nd hand to pull down nifitications and reach the top of the screen. This will vary on hand size as well though.

Just a suggestion. To pull down notification bar, try using nova launcher and all u do is swipe down anywjere on screen and it pulls bar down. I love it. Keeps me from having to reach all the way up there. U can set gestures for all kinds of stuff, but that one is on by default

MiXoLoGiSt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Just a suggestion. To pull down notification bar, try using nova launcher and all u do is swipe down anywjere on screen and it pulls bar down. I love it. Keeps me from having to reach all the way up there. U can set gestures for all kinds of stuff, but that one is on by default

I run Nova Launcher but gestures isn't available on the free version. Nova prime is when you get that feature. Eventually I will buy Nova Prime.

Davyo

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I went from iPhones to GS3 to the Note 2,,,, after a little adjustment to the size (AND THAT DOES HAPPEN),,,, you will not be able to go back to a GS3.

I will be keeping my Note 2 until I see what the next generation of phones have to offer,,,,,,, Samsung S4 or iphone 6 are the ones that "might" be interesting,,,,,but it's guna take a really killer next gen phone to get me to leave my Note 2.

Cheers
Davyo

Uristocles

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
You have to remember that it's all relative. The size of the GN2 (my opinion of course) is perfect. It just looks ginormous next to the rest of the field in the store. Too big would be if it no longer fit in my pockets (which it does) and/or if it were too thick (which it's not). I think all other phones are too small now, haha.

Until practical hologram technology is invented I think the larger the screen the better.

whatsitsname

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I run Nova Launcher but gestures isn't available on the free version. Nova prime is when you get that feature. Eventually I will buy Nova Prime.

Buy it. It's worth it. I have the 2 finger swipe up activating the Google voice (to check for nba scores, announced with speech). People around me are amazed at how efficiently I operate my phone with just a swipe here and there.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

mandyDETH

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Coming from iPhone 4 to SGN2 here.

My brother has a SG3, and I wasn't really impressed per se. It was cool, but I wasn't going to spend a $200 upgrade on something that didn't really impress. Same issue with iPhone 5, and I needed something for my business line, so I thought SGN2 would be most appropriate thanks to the S-Pen (I use Square a lot, and do a lot of note taking).

I love everything about it; when I pull it out of my pocket, other people put theirs back in their pocket out of shame. Everyone who says it's too big is crazy. I literally wear exclusively skinny jeans, and it fits in my butt pocket just fine. It really is hard to go back to any other phone, my iPhone feels like a children's toy now.

reeneebob

Banned
Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Nope. It's far too big. I can't dial a number one handed with it. The 3 is the largest I'd go.

I'm sorry, anyone who says it's too big is crazy? I'm a girl with an octave and a key stretch on a piano and I can't dial one handed. I can't use it one handed without fumbling with it. It's not being 'crazy', it's about ease of use, and if I can't dial one handed the phone is useless to me.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I went from iPhones to GS3 to the Note 2,,,, after a little adjustment to the size (AND THAT DOES HAPPEN),,,, you will not be able to go back to a GS3.

I will be keeping my Note 2 until I see what the next generation of phones have to offer,,,,,,, Samsung S4 or iphone 6 are the ones that "might" be interesting,,,,,but it's guna take a really killer next gen phone to get me to leave my Note 2.

Cheers
Davyo

100% agree....except I never owned an iphone (not knocking u...lol)

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Nope. It's far too big. I can't dial a number one handed with it. The 3 is the largest I'd go.

I'm sorry, anyone who says it's too big is crazy? I'm a girl with an octave and a key stretch on a piano and I can't dial one handed. I can't use it one handed without fumbling with it. It's not being 'crazy', it's about ease of use, and if I can't dial one handed the phone is useless to me.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

The size isn't for everyone. ...I know..fyi..it has a one hand mode...it places the dial pad/calculator/keyboard. . in the corner of either side of the screen ...for one hand use...Samsung has really been bringing it....its a neat feature

sparkomatic

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Huge iPhone guy and still a big Apple fanboy but switched over to the GS3 when it was released here in the US and just switched over to the Note 2 yesterday. Loved my GS3 and, so far, I'm loving the Note 2 even more. The size is obviously bigger but it's not that bad. I'm still getting used to it but I remember having the exact same thoughts when I went from the iPhone to the GS3. Once I start using it daily, I'm sure the size won't be of any concern.