Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 25 of 25
Like Tree14Likes
  • 2 Post By the1m.polo
  • 2 Post By Uristocles
  • 3 Post By kregstrong
  • 2 Post By Dukins
  • 2 Post By the1m.polo
  • 1 Post By LazrRocketArm
  • 1 Post By EatMyTracers
  • 1 Post By karsdroid
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Go from Galaxy S3 to Note2?

    Ok I have both GS3 & Note2 and my intention was to use the note 2 on my business line replacing my Galxy Nexus that was on that line ...continuing on with my GS3 as my daily driver ...well I made the mistake of "just testing out" the note 2 on my primary line and I cant put it down ...its not that much different than the GS3 but its that much better ...is it the quad core? The pen? Screen? Or the fact that its new?...idk.. I just like it better..with that said I still love the GS3...and will love using it as my business line ...lol

    if you have or had a GS3, do you agree the note2 is just a step ahead..or is it all in my mind?

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Go from Galaxy S3 to Note2?

    I can't imagine using any other phone at this point. It might be that I'm still in the honeymoon phase haha (only had it about a month) but really - it's just a great device. Saved me purchasing a mini-tablet. It really is the perfect all in one device.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Go from Galaxy S3 to Note2?

    I went from nexus to gs3 to gnote. I would say the jump from nexus to gs3 is about the same as gs3 to note as far as screen and speed go. This screen really does look way better than the gs3. And the device is a good bit faster as well. Im still trying to get used to the size. But as far as the device goes, it is definately a step ahead of gs3. Really nice. Love the insanely fast boot times, gotta be 15 seconds lol

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
  4. #4  
    Dukins's Avatar

    Posts
    486 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,454 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Root

    Default Re: Go from Galaxy S3 to Note2?

    My man, note 2 *hits on the s3. I just upgraded on Saturday and its leaps and bounds better imo. Faster, s-pen, more productivity, screen size, etc. Note 2 ftw, if you can get past the size you are golden. Im still getting used to the size, but everything else is a go.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Go from Galaxy S3 to Note2?

    Yea once you get over the size its hands down the best device ive owned. ...usually I install swift key but ...I see no need ...this keyboard meets all my needs so far also...maybe cause there is so much real estate

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Go from Galaxy S3 to Note2?

    Go ahead and rub it in, as I slum around with my Galaxy S3. :o

    Soon, I will have one soon.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    the1m.polo likes this.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Go from Galaxy S3 to Note2?

    I Could never use another device now, next device will be the Note 3.

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    karsdroid likes this.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Go from Galaxy S3 to Note2?

    I am wondering the same thing. Went from the thunderbolt to the SG3 and have been very happy with the change. The gs3 doesn't lock very fast on the GPS, but everything else is money.

    Might go get the Note 2 tomorrow though, I have an upgrade to use. Just a tough choice, I don't want to tire of the size in a month or so and wish I kept the GS3 or just waited for something new.

    Any advice?

    Sent from my GT-P7510 using Android Central Forums
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Go from Galaxy S3 to Note2?

    Quote Originally Posted by AustinTech View Post
    I am wondering the same thing. Went from the thunderbolt to the SG3 and have been very happy with the change. The gs3 doesn't lock very fast on the GPS, but everything else is money.

    Might go get the Note 2 tomorrow though, I have an upgrade to use. Just a tough choice, I don't want to tire of the size in a month or so and wish I kept the GS3 or just waited for something new.

    Any advice?

    Sent from my GT-P7510 using Android Central Forums
    Only you can answer the question on if you can handle it or not. I went from an iphone 5 to the Note 2 and I haven't had trouble adjusting to the size. If anything you get more used to the size over time. I have had mine since Thursday and it seems normal now with the exception of having to use a 2nd hand to pull down nifitications and reach the top of the screen. This will vary on hand size as well though.

    Sent from my Galaxy Note 2
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Go from Galaxy S3 to Note2?

    Quote Originally Posted by MiXoLoGiSt View Post
    Only you can answer the question on if you can handle it or not. I went from an iphone 5 to the Note 2 and I haven't had trouble adjusting to the size. If anything you get more used to the size over time. I have had mine since Thursday and it seems normal now with the exception of having to use a 2nd hand to pull down nifitications and reach the top of the screen. This will vary on hand size as well though.

    Sent from my Galaxy Note 2
    Just a suggestion. To pull down notification bar, try using nova launcher and all u do is swipe down anywjere on screen and it pulls bar down. I love it. Keeps me from having to reach all the way up there. U can set gestures for all kinds of stuff, but that one is on by default

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Go from Galaxy S3 to Note2?

    Quote Originally Posted by kregstrong View Post
    Just a suggestion. To pull down notification bar, try using nova launcher and all u do is swipe down anywjere on screen and it pulls bar down. I love it. Keeps me from having to reach all the way up there. U can set gestures for all kinds of stuff, but that one is on by default

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    I run Nova Launcher but gestures isn't available on the free version. Nova prime is when you get that feature. Eventually I will buy Nova Prime.

    Sent from my Galaxy Note 2
  12. #12  
    Davyo's Avatar

    Posts
    165 Posts
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts

    Default Re: Go from Galaxy S3 to Note2?

    I went from iPhones to GS3 to the Note 2,,,, after a little adjustment to the size (AND THAT DOES HAPPEN),,,, you will not be able to go back to a GS3.

    I will be keeping my Note 2 until I see what the next generation of phones have to offer,,,,,,, Samsung S4 or iphone 6 are the ones that "might" be interesting,,,,,but it's guna take a really killer next gen phone to get me to leave my Note 2.

    Cheers
    Davyo
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Go from Galaxy S3 to Note2?

    You have to remember that it's all relative. The size of the GN2 (my opinion of course) is perfect. It just looks ginormous next to the rest of the field in the store. Too big would be if it no longer fit in my pockets (which it does) and/or if it were too thick (which it's not). I think all other phones are too small now, haha.

    Until practical hologram technology is invented I think the larger the screen the better.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Go from Galaxy S3 to Note2?

    Quote Originally Posted by MiXoLoGiSt View Post
    I run Nova Launcher but gestures isn't available on the free version. Nova prime is when you get that feature. Eventually I will buy Nova Prime.

    Sent from my Galaxy Note 2
    Buy it. It's worth it. I have the 2 finger swipe up activating the Google voice (to check for nba scores, announced with speech). People around me are amazed at how efficiently I operate my phone with just a swipe here and there.

    Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Go from Galaxy S3 to Note2?

    Coming from iPhone 4 to SGN2 here.

    My brother has a SG3, and I wasn't really impressed per se. It was cool, but I wasn't going to spend a $200 upgrade on something that didn't really impress. Same issue with iPhone 5, and I needed something for my business line, so I thought SGN2 would be most appropriate thanks to the S-Pen (I use Square a lot, and do a lot of note taking).

    I love everything about it; when I pull it out of my pocket, other people put theirs back in their pocket out of shame. Everyone who says it's too big is crazy. I literally wear exclusively skinny jeans, and it fits in my **** pocket just fine. It really is hard to go back to any other phone, my iPhone feels like a children's toy now.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Go from Galaxy S3 to Note2?

    Nope. It's far too big. I can't dial a number one handed with it. The 3 is the largest I'd go.

    I'm sorry, anyone who says it's too big is crazy? I'm a girl with an octave and a key stretch on a piano and I can't dial one handed. I can't use it one handed without fumbling with it. It's not being 'crazy', it's about ease of use, and if I can't dial one handed the phone is useless to me.

    Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

    Default Re: Go from Galaxy S3 to Note2?

    Quote Originally Posted by Davyo View Post
    I went from iPhones to GS3 to the Note 2,,,, after a little adjustment to the size (AND THAT DOES HAPPEN),,,, you will not be able to go back to a GS3.

    I will be keeping my Note 2 until I see what the next generation of phones have to offer,,,,,,, Samsung S4 or iphone 6 are the ones that "might" be interesting,,,,,but it's guna take a really killer next gen phone to get me to leave my Note 2.

    Cheers
    Davyo
    100% agree....except I never owned an iphone (not knocking u...lol)

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

    Default Re: Go from Galaxy S3 to Note2?

    Quote Originally Posted by reeneebob View Post
    Nope. It's far too big. I can't dial a number one handed with it. The 3 is the largest I'd go.

    I'm sorry, anyone who says it's too big is crazy? I'm a girl with an octave and a key stretch on a piano and I can't dial one handed. I can't use it one handed without fumbling with it. It's not being 'crazy', it's about ease of use, and if I can't dial one handed the phone is useless to me.

    Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
    The size isn't for everyone. ...I know..fyi..it has a one hand mode...it places the dial pad/calculator/keyboard. . in the corner of either side of the screen ...for one hand use...Samsung has really been bringing it....its a neat feature

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

    Default Re: Go from Galaxy S3 to Note2?

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Go from Galaxy S3 to Note2?-uploadfromtaptalk1354802081950.jpg  
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Go from Galaxy S3 to Note2?

    Huge iPhone guy and still a big Apple fanboy but switched over to the GS3 when it was released here in the US and just switched over to the Note 2 yesterday. Loved my GS3 and, so far, I'm loving the Note 2 even more. The size is obviously bigger but it's not that bad. I'm still getting used to it but I remember having the exact same thoughts when I went from the iPhone to the GS3. Once I start using it daily, I'm sure the size won't be of any concern.
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Go from Galaxy S3 to Note2?

    passed my gs3 to my husband and moved onto the note 2.....liked the gs3, even talked my mom into one and she loves it.....the note 2 is just a fabulous step up.....the spen, screen size...awesome. it seriously doesnt feel as big as it is. i was so looking forward to a phone with a huge screen size and sometimes i actually find myself thinking i wish the note 2 was a bit bigger just because it doesn't "feel" as big as it is. i know doesn't make sense but there it is. I will not be able to step back down in size. Setting up the gs3 for my husband made me positive that i can't go back to the small screen.
    the1m.polo likes this.
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Go from Galaxy S3 to Note2?

    I've got both right now, GS3 and Note 2. The GS3 is off contract and I used my upgrade for the Note 2. I can still return the Note 2 in the next 10 days with no penalty and get my upgrade back. I'm just trying to decide if I want to or not. The GS3 fits better in the hand and is all around easier to handle, but the Note is a better phone. Way better. Now some of that is due to Jellybean, which has Google Now, but the rest is just the hardware, including the much improved screen quality . I like the huge screen, but I wonder how useful it really is. I don't find myself doing more or anything like that, so I am having trouble justifiying the annoyance of the size. Plus, if I stay with the GS3 I will still have an upgrade ready for the S4 or whatever else comes out next year. The S-pen is nice, especially if I'm going to sit down and interact with my phone a lot, but it's isn't blowing me away yet. The speaker on the back blows me away, wowza its awesome.

    I dread the extra bulk of a case for the Note 2, that may be a deal killer. The case on the GS3 isn't a big deal. Ugh, the Note 2 also allows you to take snapshots within a video. I don't know if thats a jellybean thing or specific to the Note 2.

    Anyway, anyone have any advice? It's not just Note 2 vs GS3, it's Note 2 vs. GS3 off contract.
  23. #23  

    Default Go from Galaxy S3 to Note2?

    Quote Originally Posted by AustinTech View Post
    I've got both right now, GS3 and Note 2. The GS3 is off contract and I used my upgrade for the Note 2. I can still return the Note 2 in the next 10 days with no penalty and get my upgrade back. I'm just trying to decide if I want to or not. The GS3 fits better in the hand and is all around easier to handle, but the Note is a better phone. Way better. Now some of that is due to Jellybean, which has Google Now, but the rest is just the hardware, including the much improved screen quality . I like the huge screen, but I wonder how useful it really is. I don't find myself doing more or anything like that, so I am having trouble justifiying the annoyance of the size. Plus, if I stay with the GS3 I will still have an upgrade ready for the S4 or whatever else comes out next year. The S-pen is nice, especially if I'm going to sit down and interact with my phone a lot, but it's isn't blowing me away yet. The speaker on the back blows me away, wowza its awesome.

    I dread the extra bulk of a case for the Note 2, that may be a deal killer. The case on the GS3 isn't a big deal. Ugh, the Note 2 also allows you to take snapshots within a video. I don't know if thats a jellybean thing or specific to the Note 2.

    Anyway, anyone have any advice? It's not just Note 2 vs GS3, it's Note 2 vs. GS3 off contract.
    Only you can make that decision. You have to decide what's best for you.
  24. #24  
    vr002sh's Avatar

    Posts
    316 Posts
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts

    Default Re: Go from Galaxy S3 to Note2?

    Had the S3, got the Note 2, was concerned about the size. after spending about 2 hours setting up the Note 2 and just playing with it, I had to get something off the S3, it felt small and puny in my hand, I could never go back to a smaller phone, and my old tired eyes love the larger screen. Hoping there will be a Note 3, cause that's likely to be my next phone.
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Go from Galaxy S3 to Note2?

    Quote Originally Posted by AustinTech View Post

    I dread the extra bulk of a case for the Note 2, that may be a deal killer. The case on the GS3 isn't a big deal. Ugh, the Note 2 also allows you to take snapshots within a video. I don't know if thats a jellybean thing or specific to the Note 2.
    The s3 has been able to take pictures while recording video ever since ice cream sandwich. No offense, but this is a perfect example of how people are always biased towards their phone. The s3 had this feature first, yet they found a way to give credit to their current device, the note 2. Tbh, unless you're digging deep into hardcore games, phone performance has reached a standstill since the s3 came out. There's nothing any other phone can do that the s3 can't, so at this point in time, you could actually consider all of these phones as being equal- the only variable being the biased owner factor.

    No offense, but this

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Similar Threads

  1. Transfer Video from Galaxy S3 to iPad?
    By Lightshield in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-18-2013, 11:36 AM
  2. going from galaxy s3 to galaxy note 2? need your advise
    By sqa4life in forum AT&T Galaxy Note 2
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-24-2012, 12:01 PM
  3. need help transfering pic from Galaxy s3 to Mac coputer
    By Kim Wilber RawViolets in forum Introductions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-21-2012, 09:34 AM
  4. Help me decide - going from Galaxy Nexus to SIII
    By MikeNY in forum Verizon Galaxy S3
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 08-12-2012, 07:10 PM
  5. Anyone go from Galaxy Note to SIII?
    By colin8 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-19-2012, 06:42 AM

Posting Permissions