1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Longevity of the Note 2 screen?

Hi guys

I am about to go and buy a Note 2 but I have read a couple of threads where people are concerned about the longevity of the Amoled screen on the note 2 and with the price of this phone this does concern me!

Will this suffer from screen burn and yellowing as this is one thing that is bothering me as I don't want to buy a phone with a screen that starts to discolour after a few months
    I have read so many positive comments on the note 2 screen but if it's going to start to not look as good after a couple of years or so then for me there is no point getting it, or are these people just scaremongering as it is a lot of money to spend on a phone that may go this way, I know nothing is perfect but any experiences would be good to hear.

Have and SG3 owners suffered with this problem?

Andy
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Longevity of the Note 2 screen?

I am not knocking this phone as I think it is stunning and really want it badly but the screen is worrying me somewhat as I will keep this phone for at least two years possibly more.

I wish I hadn't read about this possible problem

Global Posts
    412 Global Posts

Well as far as AMOLED goes this one is going to start out whiter and with the bigger blue areas is going to age a little more gracefully. Believe it will age though. If a big concern I would look for some LCD device. Personally I will likely go note 3 or whatever else is hot at the time.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I was looking at the HTC One x Plus as a second choice that has the LCD screen and gets great reviews, I will do some more research on these screens before deciding as I would rather have the stunning note 2 for sure.