Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

Default Re: Note 2 Multitasking not working?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnB352 View Post
    My carrier is AT&T, it does not have it and it's up to date. Personally I think Samsung should either take down or update the marketing video on their website that shows this feature. Don't advertise the feature if it isn't available on every phone.
    This isn't Samsungs fault its At&ts fault

Global Posts
    979 Global Posts

I would rather at&t test the update properly before releasing a firmware or update that bricks my $800 phone/phablet.

Blaming at&t won't get it here any quicker. Besides, as we see, there are a lot of carriers that seem to not have the update.

When sprint put out their update for the note, there were some issues with it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

AT&T put out an update that adds this feature this past Saturday (12/29).

ROM
    Stock

Note 2 Multitasking not working?-uploadfromtaptalk1357166650673.jpg That's what it looks like in action.

Sent from my Behemoth of a phone, the Galaxy Note 2

I think there is a misunderstanding here: only those apps that are listed on the multi-window popout menu will work as advertised. Those applications not on that tablet cannot do multi-window. Mine came with only Internet, Email, Polaris Office, S-Note, Messaging, and Gallery available. The cool videos of people taking notes while on the phone don't apply.

Oh, and Gmail isn't included.

Or, at least that is what's happening to me.

- Darryl

Verizon SCH-I605
    Android 4.1.1
    Baseband Version I605VRALL4
    Kernal Version
    3.0.31-414933
    se.infra@SEP-79 #1
    SMP PREEMPT Fri Dec 28 21:21:38 KST 2012
    Build Number
    JRO03C.I605VRALL4
    Hardware Version
    I605.06

i have the note 2,, factory unlock version.. and my multi-window does not work eather

Same here, I am in Toronto Canada and I have the NOTE 2 which i purchased outright for $800+ so its apparently unlocked but i am with Mobilicity and I don't have this feature yet either. Sill on 4.1.1

Can someone confirm it is up to the Carrier to add this, not Samsung? If so I will get on to my carrier....

All I know is that it isn't included in the earlier builds of 4.1.1

I'm on a UK unbranded though so I'm not sure if it makes a difference with American branded phones. If you really need it right now then you can root your device and flash a stock 4.1.2 rom or a later 4.1.1 rom.

go to the notification menu and scroll to the left where bluetooth gps, etc. Make sure multiwindow is enabled. Then press and hold on the back button. Now click and drag the apps onto the widow. Thats it!

I just wish more apps were available to use on it. Shame on carriers not offering that

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Quote Originally Posted by Jude526 View Post
    I just wish more apps were available to use on it. Shame on carriers not offering that

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2
    I turned multi-window off because of this. I don't use the stock messaging application and only video applications I use are Netflix and YouTube. I use Google Chrome rather than the default browser so that messes me up too. A useful tool that's severely locked down by the carrier.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

Don't blame the carriers. All an app needs to appear in that list is a flag set indicating compatibility at the time the app is built. That's up to the developer. Quite a few apps have been updated recently just for that.
    Resident Linux Fiend

ROM
    Stock Touchwiz LJC 4.1.1

Fortunate enough for me, I rooted and have all apps in multi window... only issue is some WILL NOT work that way. I'm still weeding through them.

~swyped from my galaxy note 2 on the now network

What should i do man i have note 2 i rooted and after some days my google app stop working and i re new my software 4.1.1 no updating and no maltitasking OH GOD am f*** d up help me some one plzzz for god sake

bro if u find any solutions let me know plz having same trouble in note 2 4.1.1

Scroll down the notification and activate multiwindow.Then long press the back button.

Drag the shortcut from the home screen. Drag down the top bar and scroll to the last and check Multi Window is turned on. If it is off turn on and try pressing the back button you can access Multi window.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12