Note 2 Multitasking not working?

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey so I was just wondering how I can get multitasking to work. I have a note 2 on android version 4.1.1, and when I go to updates it says latest firmware, so how exactly can I get it on my device. Tried kies, but it is also not working after updating, and wont even connect to my device. Ive been holding down the back button for long time but still no multitasking. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Hey so I was just wondering how I can get multitasking to work. I have a note 2 on android version 4.1.1, and when I go to updates it says latest firmware, so how exactly can I get it on my device. Tried kies, but it is also not working after updating, and wont even connect to my device. Ive been holding down the back button for long time but still no multitasking. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

Turn it on via the notification toggles... It's one on the last ones towards the right.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Waitwaitwait. Are you talking about Multiwindow? Because that's something different than multitasking.

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Waitwaitwait. Are you talking about Multiwindow? Because that's something different than multitasking.
Uhh, not sure the one where you hold the back button and it can have 2 windows at once so I guess multi Window. My bad not really sure what it's called but it's the thing a lot of note 2's don't come equipped with

MiXoLoGiSt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Uhh, not sure the one where you hold the back button and it can have 2 windows at once so I guess multi Window. My bad not really sure what it's called but it's the thing a lot of note 2's don't come equipped with

That would be Multi Window. Your phone might not have it out of the box. Some versions of the Note 2 will require an update for this feature and some versions came with it out of the box but still needs an update to include Google apps in multi window. I think sprints version is the only one who came with fully working as advertised multi Window functionality.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
That would be Multi Window. Your phone might not have it out of the box. Some versions of the Note 2 will require an update for this feature and some versions came with it out of the box but still needs an update to include Google apps in multi window. I think sprints version is the only one who came with fully working as advertised multi Window functionality.

Ya, that's what I was thinking, so the update isn't out yet right that's all I want to know because on some threads it says if you just update you will get multiwindow but my phone says that it is fully updated already. If the update is yet to come I have no issue

Neil Witton

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I running version 4.1.1 and have the multiwindow. Its accessed by holding down the back button until it appears, normally on the left hand side of the screen. Only some apps support multiwindow and these should already be in the multiwindow bar when you open it.

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site

Yeah no, lol. Sprint's required an update as well. :-$

Seems like it's taking carriers about 2-4 weeks to push the update through for the multi window. It's a wonderful thing when you do get it. You push and hold the back arrow.

daviddelatorre

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have galaxy note II with sprint network on version 4.1.1 and when I hold the back button, nothing happens. I go to "system update" and everything is up to date. Can someone help me out? : (

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I have galaxy note II with sprint network on version 4.1.1 and when I hold the back button, nothing happens. I go to "system update" and everything is up to date. Can someone help me out? : (

It was pushed out several weeks ago. If you've tried the OTA update, i would stop by a Sprint corporate store and have them update your phone.

corymcnutt

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Ya, that's what I was thinking, so the update isn't out yet right that's all I want to know because on some threads it says if you just update you will get multiwindow but my phone says that it is fully updated already. If the update is yet to come I have no issue

Verizon was the only US carrier to have it out of the box...the rest have to be updated.

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Verizon was the only US carrier to have it out of the box...the rest have to be updated.
Ya, is the update out though if so what version is it because my phone is on 4.1.1 and saying this is latest version. And yes I have tried holding back button for long time, I am positive I don't have it.

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Ya, is the update out though if so what version is it because my phone is on 4.1.1 and saying this is latest version. And yes I have tried holding back button for long time, I am positive I don't have it.

When I got my update (Sprint), the version number did not change.

curney

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I am totally shocked at the Verizon 1 had it out of the box. It was a nice surprise.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

teechro

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
It does work and I am using it right now. First you have the multi tasking (the notifacation drill down, all the way to the top right) and as you may already know press and hold the back key until you get the tab to show up. Once it does drag for instance the. Messaging app on to the screen, next drag the Web app to either the top or bottom location. Have fun. ....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol