Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Note 2 Multitasking not working?

Hey so I was just wondering how I can get multitasking to work. I have a note 2 on android version 4.1.1, and when I go to updates it says latest firmware, so how exactly can I get it on my device. Tried kies, but it is also not working after updating, and wont even connect to my device. Ive been holding down the back button for long time but still no multitasking. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

You hold down the home button?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Note 2 Multitasking not working?

Quote Originally Posted by JHBThree View Post
    You hold down the home button?
    Ya, it just brings up task manager recent apps and that google thing

Global Posts
    1,033 Global Posts
    ROM
    SwampMonster V1.0!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FreshPrince204 View Post
    Hey so I was just wondering how I can get multitasking to work. I have a note 2 on android version 4.1.1, and when I go to updates it says latest firmware, so how exactly can I get it on my device. Tried kies, but it is also not working after updating, and wont even connect to my device. Ive been holding down the back button for long time but still no multitasking. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks in advance!
    Turn it on via the notification toggles... It's one on the last ones towards the right.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Louie View Post
    Turn it on via the notification toggles... It's one on the last ones towards the right.
    I still cant find it. My last few toggles to the right are power saving, blocking mode, bluetooth, allsharecast, and sync

Global Posts
    1,033 Global Posts
    ROM
    SwampMonster V1.0!!!!!

I still cant find it. My last few toggles to the right are power saving, blocking mode, bluetooth, allsharecast, and sync
    Huh... You might not have it yet. Who's your carrier?

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Android Central Forums

Waitwaitwait. Are you talking about Multiwindow? Because that's something different than multitasking.
    Thanked by:
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Louie View Post
    Huh... You might not have it yet. Who's your carrier?

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Android Central Forums
    I'm in Canada, and on Telus network
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by JHBThree View Post
    Waitwaitwait. Are you talking about Multiwindow? Because that's something different than multitasking.
    Uhh, not sure the one where you hold the back button and it can have 2 windows at once so I guess multi Window. My bad not really sure what it's called but it's the thing a lot of note 2's don't come equipped with

Uhh, not sure the one where you hold the back button and it can have 2 windows at once so I guess multi Window. My bad not really sure what it's called but it's the thing a lot of note 2's don't come equipped with
    That would be Multi Window. Your phone might not have it out of the box. Some versions of the Note 2 will require an update for this feature and some versions came with it out of the box but still needs an update to include Google apps in multi window. I think sprints version is the only one who came with fully working as advertised multi Window functionality.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by MiXoLoGiSt View Post
    That would be Multi Window. Your phone might not have it out of the box. Some versions of the Note 2 will require an update for this feature and some versions came with it out of the box but still needs an update to include Google apps in multi window. I think sprints version is the only one who came with fully working as advertised multi Window functionality.

Ya, that's what I was thinking, so the update isn't out yet right that's all I want to know because on some threads it says if you just update you will get multiwindow but my phone says that it is fully updated already. If the update is yet to come I have no issue

I running version 4.1.1 and have the multiwindow. Its accessed by holding down the back button until it appears, normally on the left hand side of the screen. Only some apps support multiwindow and these should already be in the multiwindow bar when you open it.

Global Posts
    687 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 on the Nook Color

Quote Originally Posted by MiXoLoGiSt View Post

Yeah no, lol. Sprint's required an update as well.

Seems like it's taking carriers about 2-4 weeks to push the update through for the multi window. It's a wonderful thing when you do get it. You push and hold the back arrow.

I have galaxy note II with sprint network on version 4.1.1 and when I hold the back button, nothing happens. I go to "system update" and everything is up to date. Can someone help me out? : (

Global Posts
    687 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 on the Nook Color

Quote Originally Posted by daviddelatorre View Post
    I have galaxy note II with sprint network on version 4.1.1 and when I hold the back button, nothing happens. I go to "system update" and everything is up to date. Can someone help me out? : (
    It was pushed out several weeks ago. If you've tried the OTA update, i would stop by a Sprint corporate store and have them update your phone.
    Thanked by:

Ya, that's what I was thinking, so the update isn't out yet right that's all I want to know because on some threads it says if you just update you will get multiwindow but my phone says that it is fully updated already. If the update is yet to come I have no issue
    Verizon was the only US carrier to have it out of the box...the rest have to be updated.
    Cory
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Quote Originally Posted by corymcnutt View Post
    Verizon was the only US carrier to have it out of the box...the rest have to be updated.
    Ya, is the update out though if so what version is it because my phone is on 4.1.1 and saying this is latest version. And yes I have tried holding back button for long time, I am positive I don't have it.

Global Posts
    1,033 Global Posts
    ROM
    SwampMonster V1.0!!!!!

Ya, is the update out though if so what version is it because my phone is on 4.1.1 and saying this is latest version. And yes I have tried holding back button for long time, I am positive I don't have it.
    When I got my update (Sprint), the version number did not change.

Global Posts
    286 Global Posts

I am totally shocked at the Verizon 1 had it out of the box. It was a nice surprise.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

It does work and I am using it right now. First you have the multi tasking (the notifacation drill down, all the way to the top right) and as you may already know press and hold the back key until you get the tab to show up. Once it does drag for instance the. Messaging app on to the screen, next drag the Web app to either the top or bottom location. Have fun. ....
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

Quote Originally Posted by teechro View Post
    It does work and I am using it right now. First you have the multi tasking (the notifacation drill down, all the way to the top right) and as you may already know press and hold the back key until you get the tab to show up. Once it does drag for instance the. Messaging app on to the screen, next drag the Web app to either the top or bottom location. Have fun. ....
    Ya it is only working on some carriers, for me I do not have any option in notifications and holding back key does nothing as well. Hopefully Telus will update it soon if not I'm sure the 4.1.2 update should be out soon.

I am also from Canada and on Telus. Was wondering what the hell was going on! I am also disappointed that I did not have this feature; glad I found the answer and now to patiently wait for the update!

I'm also in Canada with Rogers and the option is not available for me as well. ;-(
    This was one of the reason I go the phone to begin with. not too happy about this.

My carrier is AT&T, it does not have it and it's up to date. Personally I think Samsung should either take down or update the marketing video on their website that shows this feature. Don't advertise the feature if it isn't available on every phone.

I just got done chatting with an at&t rep. she said we are waiting for an update. She did not know when that would be.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast