How to show off what your Note 2 can do to make your friends jealous

james27007

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I love showing off my phone and have found the following features the best way to do just that:

Want to show off the features of your Galaxy Note 2 and make your friends envious (besides the screen size)?

S-Pen
Ok, the S-Pen by far is one of the coolest and useful tools out there, so why not start there
Prep:
Make sure page buddy is turned on (Settings ? Display ? Page buddy)
Make sure Open Popup Note is enabled (Settings ? S Pen ? Open Popup Note)

#1 With the screen off, pull out the S-Pen and watch the screen turn on and s-note open

#2 Show Gestures
???. 2a. Press the button and draw a line upward to enter Quick Commands
???. 2b. Press the button and draw a < (greater sign) to go back
???. 2c. Press the button and draw an ^ (up arrow) to open the menu
???. 2d. Press the button and double tap the screen to open S-Note
???. 2e. Press the button and long press the screen to take a screen shot

#3 Open the Web
Press the button and draw around something on the screen to do a screenshot cut out
Hover over a website that has dropdown menus (acts like a mouse over)
Open the internet Press the button and draw over text to highlight text
Hover over a screen like a webpage and go to the edge to see it scroll

#4 Open Video player (watching that is cool in itself)
Hover over a video to see a popup play
Open video and let it play ? hover over the timeline to show a preview of that spot

#5 Open Gallery
Hover over an album and sit there to go through previews of the pictures in that album
Open a picture, hit menu and select ?Add Note to Back of Image)
Write something on the back

#6 S Note
Ok this one is cool without using any fancy clicks and such, but I found this post and while in s-note, if you hove rthe pen and click the button, it switches between your favoriate/saved pen tips and the eraser

Last but not least, and this is more of a fix than showing off
IF YOUR S-PEN STOPS WORKING CORRECTLY CHECK OUT THIS THREAD

DLNA (NOT AllShare!)
I found this info here
Turn on "File Sharing" under Settings > More Settings > Nearby Devices, this lets you share pics, music and video with your DLNA devices.
And if you have an XBox you can use an app called iMediaShareLite (free) to steam media to your XBox

Motions
(some other Samsung phones have this, however it is still fun to show off)
Prep:
Make sure Motions are on (settings ? Motion ? check all) (you can use them all, I just use the following)

#1 Quick glance: (with phone off and on a table) wave your hand over the top of the phone

#2 Direct call: Look at a text, then hold the phone up to your ear (to call that person)

#3 Smart alert: This is harder to show, however you can still explain the phone vibrates when you pick it up if there are missed called/messages?

#4 Turn phone over to pause: play music and turn the phone over
Gallery
#1 Open the galley and hit the view button in the upper right corner (not too useful however it looks cool :))
#2 Hit the + folder to make a new album; click a few pictures and press and hold on the last picture; then drag to the new album; it is a cool animation
#3 Open a picture and use the following features (press menu to access)
???. 3a. Face tag (Note 2 and S3)
???. 3aa. Manual face tag, press and hold on a picture on a face that is not auto tagged to add face tag(Note 2 and S3)
???. 3b. Tag Buddy/Buddy Share (Note 2 and S3)
???. 3c. Note on back (you should have already done this)
???. 3d. Paper Artist

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The next items are really cool and I do not know of any other phones that have them, however I?m not 100% sure

Video Player
Open video player, select settings and select shooting mode
Go through the slow motion and fast motion recording modes (Note 2 and S3)
You can also take pictures while playing a video (Note 2 and S3)
Camera
Modes/features to play with
Outdoor Visibility
Shooting modes
?..Best Photo (Note 2 and S3)
?..Best Face (Note 2 and some S3's)
?..Face Detection (Note 2 and S3)
?..Panorama (Note 2 and S3)
?..HDR (Note 2 and S3)
?..Low Light (killer low light pictures) (Note 2 and S3)
Anti-Shake
Video Recorder
It is a camcorder, kinda normal however it does have fast motion and slow motion shooting modes (Note 2 and S3)
You can also take pictures while recording video (Note 2 and S3)

Multi-View
AT&T now has this on 4.1.2 so show it off. If you want to add apps to Multi-View check out this thread on how to edit the apps, and if you need help here is a video on it as well

Home Button
If you have ?Voice Search? set to double tap, show that (see my post in the FAQ?s thread)

S-Voice
Open S-Voice and pull out the S-Pen
You can write search terms and commands
Menu button
Long press the menu button to open Google Now, then say Google

Last edited:

executiveg

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
You hit "get games" within the app and it'll send you to the website to download them.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk

I just downloaded Mario 3. Is there Any why to save your place if you beat Acouple levels And Want to start from that level next time?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

ybcthanerd

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
tha best face, best photo, capture while shooting video, are built into samsung UI which means it works on the galaxy s 3 also

james27007

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
tha best face, best photo, capture while shooting video, are built into samsung UI which means it works on the galaxy s 3 also

My wife has the AT&T S3 (ICS) and my coworker has the T-Mobile S3 (JB) and both of them do not have those features. I don't know about the other versions though

Update, My other coworker has a Verizon S3 and it has the photo capture during video but not the best face. It is odd just how different the phone is between carriers

Last edited:

dealnerd00

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
In email you can collapse or expand your email by pinching in and out. Works for those who want to see a month's worth of email

Keyboard can be changed to lefty/righty one handed operation or full screen by pinching in and out

Stock Youtube widget: cycle through subscribed channels by flicking in and out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

james27007

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
There is more, but the brunt of the fun stuff is in the OP. I did just get the Multi Window Update and it's fun and something to show off, but not something I am jumping up and down about. AT&T was not as bad a Verizon on how much they limited what apps work on MW, but they did limit a lo :(

padre1357

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
The batt life is enuff to make peeps jealous, then theres th Spen. Camera abilities are th same in th Evo 4g lte, but making the switch fri. Hows the gps/nav. Im sick of evo crashing 8+ times a day

JMU_GSII

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Thank you so much for the list, especially the tip about how to quickly switch to the eraser in S Note. I keep discovering new things about this phone and my love affair with it just continues to grow.

Tokio_Love

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Thank you so much for the list, especially the tip about how to quickly switch to the eraser in S Note. I keep discovering new things about this phone and my love affair with it just continues to grow.

me too! I've had it for 1 month now and I discover something new each day.