Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Default Most protective case for SGN2: OtterBox?

No offense guys but wow. 2 feet? I've dropped my iPhone from about 5 feet off the ground without a scratch. This thread has me reconsidering this phone. I really don't want to put a case on something that is already huge. Sorry about your phones.
    iPhone 5S+Galaxy S5 user. Google Glass Explorer.

Follow Me:

App.Net: sleepnclass
    Twitter: sleepnclass

Peace & Blessings.

Default Re: Most protective case for SGN2: OtterBox?

Quote Originally Posted by Uribam View Post
    I'm going to take this opportunity to suggest the Trident Kraken. I have one for my gnex, and I'll be getting one for my note 2. You can't beat the protection, and having modular accessories is a cool plus. The Belt clip is absolute rubbish on them, but having the hard plastic over the silicone makes it pocketable even with the added bulk. Their customer service is second to none as well. I really cannot recommend their product enough.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums.

If I have been helpful to you, please go to the store, buy a bunch of beer, and send it to my house.
    I thought they weren't making the Kraken for the Note 2? Don't know why they decided not too make one. I looked on their Facebook page and it was being blown up by Note 2 users wanting a Kraken.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

My phone cracked with the Samsung case

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Most protective case for SGN2: OtterBox?-uploadfromtaptalk1375710768181.jpg  

I have the defender and many other cases but defender is on 90% hate how big phone is so I may grab commuter.
    I doubt uag will do the trick.
    Going to att and have them install a screen protector

OP if you're mainly worried about the screen, how about a tempered glass screen protector? Feels just as good as the natural screen and many drop tests show that it cracks the protector but not the screen underneath. I've seen people take a hammer to their phones on youtube with one on and not a nik or scratch to be seen underneath! When I get a the note, that's what i'll be getting.

I've been using CM's Pop style cases ever since my S2 Skyrocket. I've dropped my Note 2 onto hardwood, concrete, carpet... I think I even dropped it on my dad's gravel driveway once. Having the Note 2 and dropping it face down always makes my heart skip a beat, even with this case on it. But I have yet to sustain a cracked or shattered screen or even scuffs on the bezel or camera lens. Plus this case doesn't add the bulk and weight of other protective cases I've seen. I've also gone several months without the Moshi screen protector as well.
    Error

Maybe you have a point ..a screen protector.
    Maybe with that my phone wouldn't of shattered.
    Granted the next phone I git from ascurion runs sane as the new one. .but 200 $ poorer

What case is in that white phone? So cute

Global Posts
    101 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nancybout View Post
    My phone cracked with the Samsung case

I use the same case in Black and my phone has tumbled to the ground getting out of the car several times and it has never gotten so much as a scratch. One time was face down too.
    I guess I've just been lucky. I've been babying my phone for the last 7 months I've had it.

I also have the UAG which has bumper corners and a nice lip around the front, I use it whenever I feel like I'm going somewhere where I might be more prone to dropping it. Yet I've never dropped my phone with my UAG on.

Global Posts
    101 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deadp1xel View Post
    No offense guys but wow. 2 feet? I've dropped my iPhone from about 5 feet off the ground without a scratch. This thread has me reconsidering this phone. I really don't want to put a case on something that is already huge. Sorry about your phones.
    I here WAY more stories about people dropping theire IPHONES and either A) scracking the screen or B) cracking the glass back
    I'm not here to convince you though.

Been using a Spigen Illuzion since I got my Note 2 a couple of months ago. It has a press button front to keep it closed up & protected. It's one of the more expensive cases out there, but cheaper than a busted Note 2!

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 4

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 4
    Last edited by JayD; 08-22-2013 at 02:18 PM.

Bought my phone used and it came with a Commuter case but I ordered a Defender case because I like a holster. When the phone is out of the holster there is not much difference in the size between the Commuter and Defender cases. The holster does make it larger. For me it wears very comfortably on my belt.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12