Results 1 to 19 of 19
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By DroidXcon
  • 2 Post By blaze5
  • 1 Post By 113
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    blaze5's Avatar

    Posts
    397 Posts
    Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

    Default Future proof ???

    Will this phone see 5.0 (key lime pie)
  2. #2  
    piizzadude's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    5,768 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

    Default Re: Future proof ???

    without a doubt
    Thanked by:
    blaze5 
  3. #3  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,645 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default Re: Future proof ???

    With a quad core processor hardware wise its def more than capable and it has been a great selling device so far so I imagine that it will get to the next iteration of Android.

    From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
    Thanked by:
    blaze5 
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    blaze5's Avatar

    Posts
    397 Posts
    Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

    Default Re: Future proof ???

    I know it won't get updates as fast a nexus but I don't want to be completely behind lol
  5. #5  
    Johnly's Avatar

    Posts
    7,352 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,397 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

    Default Re: Future proof ???

    Of course lol.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  
    blaze5's Avatar

    Posts
    397 Posts
    Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

    Default Re: Future proof ???

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnly View Post
    Of course lol.
    Lol i just want to be sure because I think I might keep this phone for my full 2 years lol
  7. #7  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,645 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default Re: Future proof ???

    Quote Originally Posted by blaze5 View Post
    Lol i just want to be sure because I think I might keep this phone for my full 2 years lol
    I could never do this. I change phones at least once a yr. 2 yrs is crazy in tech time

    From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
    scorpiodsu likes this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  
    blaze5's Avatar

    Posts
    397 Posts
    Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

    Default Re: Future proof ???

    Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    I could never do this. I change phones at least once a yr. 2 yrs is crazy in tech time

    From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    If something comes along that's worth switching for then I will but I think this phone will be perfect for me
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Future proof ???

    I don't like the term 'future proof', simply because no one knows what technology may come in the future.

    For all we know in a year there will be hex-core processors, 64GB baseline phones with 5G. OS-wise I'm assuming KLP is going to be a given, but even that we can't count on outside of ROMs.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  
    blaze5's Avatar

    Posts
    397 Posts
    Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

    Default Re: Future proof ???

    Yea I know phones will be out with better screens and processors but if this one gets 5.0 I could Atleast wait till early 2014 before I change devices
  11. #11  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,645 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default Re: Future proof ???

    Quote Originally Posted by mandyDETH View Post
    I don't like the term 'future proof', simply because no one knows what technology may come in the future.

    For all we know in a year there will be hex-core processors, 64GB baseline phones with 5G. OS-wise I'm assuming KLP is going to be a given, but even that we can't count on outside of ROMs.
    I think there are rumors of the GS4 being octo core.... But unless it has 5.5"screen goodness I would probably stick with this phone

    From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  
    blaze5's Avatar

    Posts
    397 Posts
    Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

    Default Re: Future proof ???

    Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    I think there are rumors of the GS4 being octo core.... But unless it has 5.5"screen goodness I would probably stick with this phone

    From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    Yea I know that after this ill probably want the note 3 instead of the gs4
    DroidXcon and 113 like this.
  13. #13  
    113
    113 is offline
    113's Avatar

    Posts
    33 Posts

    Default Re: Future proof ???

    Quote Originally Posted by blaze5 View Post
    Yea I know that after this ill probably want the note 3 instead of the gs4
    Ditto to this. I don't think I could ever go to a screen less than 5" again, and even the Droid DNA screen seems tiny at 5"
    blaze5 likes this.
  14. #14  
    piizzadude's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    5,768 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

    Default Re: Future proof ???

    Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    I think there are rumors of the GS4 being octo core.... But unless it has 5.5"screen goodness I would probably stick with this phone

    From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    Nice seeing you around here again DX.

    I cannot see an eight core, we do not utilize four at this point

    Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis
  15. #15  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,645 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default Re: Future proof ???

    Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    Nice seeing you around here again DX.

    I cannot see an eight core, we do not utilize four at this point

    Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis
    Thanks you too... developers just need to catch up to the hardware is all

    From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Future proof ???

    I bet the international version will get Key Lime, but not anyone on Verizon! zinggggg.....

    Seriously though, nothing is future proof. I doubt processors will be all that much better in a year from now, but screen certainly will be thinner and maybe even flexible (harder to shatter).
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  
    blaze5's Avatar

    Posts
    397 Posts
    Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

    Default Re: Future proof ???

    Good thing I'm on at&t but when I say future proof I mean get updates
  18. #18  
    piizzadude's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    5,768 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

    Default Re: Future proof ???

    Without a doubt the Note 2, DNA, SGS3, Rarz HD line, and a few others will see KLP. The only question is when.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  
    blaze5's Avatar

    Posts
    397 Posts
    Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

    Default Re: Future proof ???

    Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    Without a doubt the Note 2, DNA, SGS3, Rarz HD line, and a few others will see KLP. The only question is when.
    As long as we get It that's fine with me

Similar Threads

  1. Galaxy S3 or Evo 4G LTE Future Proof?
    By AustinRawr in forum Sprint Galaxy S3
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-15-2012, 09:17 PM
  2. Evo 4G or Galaxy S3 more future proof?
    By AustinRawr in forum HTC EVO 4G LTE
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-12-2012, 04:32 PM
  3. Future proof
    By Premium1 in forum Verizon Galaxy S3
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-27-2012, 10:10 PM
  4. How to future proof your Thunderbolt...
    By SMD in forum Verizon HTC Thunderbolt
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 04-01-2011, 10:46 PM
  5. Proof of multitouch (Video) pinch to zoom
    By kingohearts2005 in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-04-2009, 06:20 PM

Posting Permissions

B