Future proof ???

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
With a quad core processor hardware wise its def more than capable and it has been a great selling device so far so I imagine that it will get to the next iteration of Android.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

mandyDETH

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't like the term 'future proof', simply because no one knows what technology may come in the future.

For all we know in a year there will be hex-core processors, 64GB baseline phones with 5G. OS-wise I'm assuming KLP is going to be a given, but even that we can't count on outside of ROMs.

blaze5

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Yea I know phones will be out with better screens and processors but if this one gets 5.0 I could Atleast wait till early 2014 before I change devices

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I don't like the term 'future proof', simply because no one knows what technology may come in the future.

For all we know in a year there will be hex-core processors, 64GB baseline phones with 5G. OS-wise I'm assuming KLP is going to be a given, but even that we can't count on outside of ROMs.

I think there are rumors of the GS4 being octo core.... But unless it has 5.5"screen goodness I would probably stick with this phone

blaze5

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I think there are rumors of the GS4 being octo core.... But unless it has 5.5"screen goodness I would probably stick with this phone

Yea I know that after this ill probably want the note 3 instead of the gs4

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site

Nice seeing you around here again DX.

I cannot see an eight core, we do not utilize four at this point

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Nice seeing you around here again DX.

I cannot see an eight core, we do not utilize four at this point

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

Thanks you too... developers just need to catch up to the hardware is all

AustinTech

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I bet the international version will get Key Lime, but not anyone on Verizon! zinggggg.....

Seriously though, nothing is future proof. I doubt processors will be all that much better in a year from now, but screen certainly will be thinner and maybe even flexible (harder to shatter).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma