Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By TJB
  • 1 Post By borgdog
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default What is this Icon in the notification bar ?

    I posted a pic of it.
    Why is it always there?
    How to get rid of it also?
    do you also HaVE?




    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What is this Icon in the notification bar ?-uploadfromtaptalk1354737709912.jpg  
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

    Default Re: What is this Icon in the notification bar ?

    Does Anyone have this icon also?

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
  3. #3  
    bryonp's Avatar

    Posts
    231 Posts
    Global Posts
    312 Global Posts

    Default Re: What is this Icon in the notification bar ?

    I could be wrong but I think it is the gps signal icon and it doesn't go away its on all sammy phones that ive had! Even if its turned off.
  4. #4  
    borgdog's Avatar

    Posts
    56 Posts
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

    Default Re: What is this Icon in the notification bar ?

    It's the location Services icon. There is another similiar looking one for GPS. I assume you are on Verizon as that is the only one I have seen it on all the screenshots. There is no way to turn it off as there is no way to disable 911 location services. At least as far as I know anyway, the truth may be something else entirely. And yes I have that and it's annoying as hell.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: What is this Icon in the notification bar ?

    Quote Originally Posted by borgdog View Post
    It's the location Services icon. There is another similiar looking one for GPS. I assume you are on Verizon as that is the only one I have seen it on all the screenshots. There is no way to turn it off as there is no way to disable 911 location services. At least as far as I know anyway, the truth may be something else entirely. And yes I have that and it's annoying as hell.
    I hate it also .The icon is too huge.Yes Iam On Verizon.But when I put ON my gps on in notification bar, I get No New icon. What icon is for gps?

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
  6. #6  
    TJB
    TJB is offline
    TJB's Avatar

    Posts
    44 Posts
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts

    Default Re: What is this Icon in the notification bar ?

    I thought it was the Mayan countdown notification. lol
    hopefulfarm likes this.
  7. #7  
    borgdog's Avatar

    Posts
    56 Posts
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

    Default Re: What is this Icon in the notification bar ?

    Quote Originally Posted by executiveg View Post
    I hate it also .The icon is too huge.Yes Iam On Verizon.But when I put ON my gps on in notification bar, I get No New icon. What icon is for gps?

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    It doesn't show up until you open an app that uses it like maps, and just trying it when the GPS one is on the other disappears, and the gps one is on the left, and flashes a dot in the middle of the target.

    LazrRocketArm likes this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: What is this Icon in the notification bar ?

    Quote Originally Posted by borgdog View Post
    It doesn't show up until you open an app that uses it like maps, and just trying it when the GPS one is on the other disappears, and the gps one is on the left, and flashes a dot in the middle of the target.

    https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-4...2013.25.33.png
    just tryed the gps .
    Oh.ok, thanks alot. got it now.
    Hopefully Someone comes out with A app to remove it, I would pay for the App.

    thanks for your time

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
  9. #9  

    Default Re: What is this Icon in the notification bar ?

    Google's location service checkbox is selected.

    To turn off:
    Settings
    Location services
    unselect Google location services

    Keep in mind that turning on GPS (or apps using it) will likely ask that this function be used, and if you say yes the checkbox will be selected for you and the icon will reappear as in your pic again.

Similar Threads

  1. What is this plus sign icon in the notification bar?
    By MeNTaIPaTleNT in forum Samsung Galaxy S3
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-20-2012, 11:49 AM
  2. Trillian icon in the notification bar
    By whitenack in forum Android Apps
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-08-2011, 02:55 AM
  3. a question about a icon in the notification bar
    By mrtonee in forum Sprint Nexus S 4G
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-05-2011, 03:51 AM
  4. Unknown Icon in the Notification bar?
    By Pinchbeck in forum Verizon Droid Charge
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-19-2011, 05:44 PM
  5. Wireless Control Icons in the Notification Bar
    By taylorizzie in forum Verizon Droid Incredible
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-19-2010, 10:59 PM

Posting Permissions