Gorilla glass 2

TheOtherBill

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Mine arrived today, and I am using IT Now, I think the oleo was a good Choice. Can't even tell it's ON.

stylus doesn't capitalize Very well, does it? :confused:

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

pluka

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
No those devices are absolutely bullet proof, this device is extremely fragile... I even saw a thread saying it lacked Gorilla Glass of any type on xda...

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

I did some research on this on the Corning website and Gorilla Glasss 1 vs 2 is only very slightly different in surface hardness. The technical data sheet specifies Vickers Hardness, which is a empirical test of hardness. Gorilla Glass 2 has a hardness value about 5% or so lower than Gorilla Glass 1. I think that would hardly make a noticeable difference.

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Well I picked up a pack of screen protectors from Verizon in store. The 3 pack, worked out took one for me, my wife and my brother. All applied well and easy nice smooth dry install. No air bubbles. Couple of dust particles and cloth fuzzes that made it under, but nothing end of the world status.

When you wipe the protector with a microfiber cloth good enough it looks literally just like the naked glass. No way of discerning there's a protector on. So aesthetically it is identical to going without a protector. Touch wise, the Verizon protectors have been consistently "smooth" from phone to phone. This one in particular has a nice cool smooth touch, very similar to the glass itself. Not 100% the same, but definitely 95%+. If it had any effect on the S Pen at all, I can't tell the difference. Air View, contact, it all works the same to me. And I am VERY picky and alert to differences. In fact I am quite aware of the fact that my screen has some terrible yellow tinting going on. Wife and brother lucked out, my brother doesn't even have the notorious AMOLED ink spots. I got those AND a yellowish screen nice just my luck right lol.

Anyway I would never trust a $700 device to go naked and toss around for daily use. It's always better to play it safe and bundle your phone up with a case and screen protector. I can especially recommend the Verizon ones as unless you really go to town with a knife or rock etc, you aren't going to scratch your screen with this one and it comes with none of the negative side effects that most protectors carry.

Jackson Galaxy

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I did the same exact thing and ordered the same exact product which will arrive the same exact day. Weird http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/11/7a5u2u2.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

LOL

Love that movie!

Well the SGP came in today. It took me about 10 minutes to install. I did the steam trick in the shower and the result is no bubbles and no dust. It's pretty much perfect. The oleophobic screen is super clear and doesn't affect the S-Pen at all. I world recommend the SGP oleophobic to everyone with a Note II.

thirsy1258

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
LOL

Love that movie!

Well the SGP came in today. It took me about 10 minutes to install. I did the steam trick in the shower and the result is no bubbles and no dust. It's pretty much perfect. The oleophobic screen is super clear and doesn't affect the S-Pen at all. I world recommend the SGP oleophobic to everyone with a Note II.

What is the steam trick?

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
" The steam trick???? I'm wondering the same thing. I purchased the SGP for my Samsung Galaxy Nexus, and it took a LOT of patience and still....there was microfiber cloth particles and specks of dust, I work on some pretty high tech medical devices at work, but screen protectors kick my butt.

Jackson Galaxy

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
What is the steam trick?

" The steam trick???? I'm wondering the same thing. I purchased the SGP for my Samsung Galaxy Nexus, and it took a LOT of patience and still....there was microfiber cloth particles and specks of dust, I work on some pretty high tech medical devices at work, but screen protectors kick my butt.

I did the install in the shower. Not actually in the shower, but running the water so that the steam would reduce the amount of dust and particulates in the air. I was kinda hesitant about trying this, but it worked. I believe that the steam, a new microfiber cloth and properly dusting off protector before install really helped.

thirsy1258

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site

EatMyTracers

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Put on my other spigen ultra crystal and Still hate it. Just ruins the feel of the s-pen and even your finger. It Causes a lot Of drag making it hard to write and is sometimes unresponsive.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

thirsy1258

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Put on my other spigen ultra crystal and Still hate it. Just ruins the feel of the s-pen and even your finger. It Causes a lot Of drag making it hard to write and is sometimes unresponsive.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Try the oleophobic its slick as glass no spen issues here

ldpalm

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
Zagg HD looks and protects pretty good. I don't use pen much but it works fine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Zagg HD looks and protects pretty good. I don't use pen much but it works fine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Tried the zagg hd first and didn't like it. To sticky for my finger and the stylus left imprints on it. Returned it and now will probably order the spigen oleophobic.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

Phonejock

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
I had the galaxy s3 and it would scratch so easy I actually went back to att and complained. But with my note 2 I cant seem to scratch this thing no matter what. I think there are some bad batches of gorilla glass out there.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Jussumguy88

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I actually find it strange to hear that you guys are having issues with scratches on the screen and such. My manager literally takes keys to the screen of the note 2 every other day. No issues. I personally put my note 2in the same pocket as my house keys and haven't seen any scratches or scuffs yet. *knocks on wood*

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams