Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes
    Resident Linux Fiend

ROM
    Stock Touchwiz LJC 4.1.1

Default Re: Wtf? U cant out apps on sd card on the note 2??

There a mod over on xda

Swyped from my Galaxy Note II on the Now Network

OK I'll check it out. Thanks

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

is it against the rules to give the name of the mod or a link? Not sure why everyone is being so secretive with it.
    Resident Linux Fiend

ROM
    Stock Touchwiz LJC 4.1.1

I know the mod exists, I'll go look for it momentarily, hopefully I can find it again.

Didn't find in xda but.... http://leemn.wordpress.com/2012/10/2...ternal-memory/

Swyped from my Galaxy Note II on the Now Network
    Last edited by tirith; 02-05-2013 at 07:43 PM.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock

Mine came with the Jelly Beans ROM (Build 7 now) which lets you have the option to swap your SD card as your phone memory instead of the default setup.

Actually you can install apps on the SD card on ICS but you are right that they changed the permissions in Jelly Bean and you can no longer do that.
    Resident Linux Fiend

ROM
    Stock Touchwiz LJC 4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by mikeycashgames View Post
    Actually you can install apps on the SD card on ICS but you are right that they changed the permissions in Jelly Bean and you can no longer do that.
    In a phone that came stock ics?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

This is going to sound like whining but I wish I read these threads before buying a GN2 and a 64GB card... really lame of Google to go this Apple route. If I wanted lame fixed memory I would have gotten a DNA or something. But after the Thunderbolt I won't go HTC and probably after this contract will probably drop Android too if the future is costly tiered data without expandable memory. First a gimped Multi-View and now this...

Unhappy Re: Wtf? U cant out apps on sd card on the note 2??

Take solace fellow Note 2 users! I am having the same problem. That is, not being able to transfer apps to my SD card on my new SG Note 2 running Jelly Bean. I have read that there is a workaround for this, but it requires rooting your brand new Galaxy Note 2, which, as far as I have gathered, may affect your warranty on your $500+ toy! My question is, why did the Googlers decide it was a good idea to start blocking the ability to transfer apps to whatever storage on your device you want to store it in? Their [Googles] mantra, last I heard is, "Do no Evil." See post by member about how Google has stopped allowing the app transfer to SD since Gingerbread.
    Good luck!
    Last edited by jpoen2; 02-24-2013 at 01:25 PM.
    Resident Linux Fiend

ROM
    Stock Touchwiz LJC 4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by jpoen2 View Post
    I am having the same problem. I have read that there is a work-around for this, but it requires rooting your brand new Galaxy Note 2, which, as far as I have gathered, may effect your warranty on your $500 toy!
    Yes, requires root, which will void warranty. There is a workaround but I'm not saying that it's proper.

bull **** dude canvas 2 hd has gelly bean and transfering to sd card is possible.....
    whereas samsung grand doesnt have this feature
    Resident Linux Fiend

ROM
    Stock Touchwiz LJC 4.1.1

I don't even know what the canvas 2 hd is, but the question is what os did it originally ship with?

Btw, ain't no reason to be vulgar

jvbaseball likes this.

Global Posts
    980 Global Posts

Canvas hd after looking it up is an android phone sold in countries like india.

Las I checked, they weren't all too legit when it comes to licensing software.

Anyway, as others have said, for some reason google has caused this limitation.

My note 2 still has the option in the menu, but it is permanently greyed out.

Google would have to certify the device for sale before it goes to market, so yeah, I would think that the manufacturer os at their mercy features present.

It's not wrong to fondle the s pen.

YES!!! Last night I connected mine to my laptop, installed and opened KiesAir. It alerted me that there was a FIRMWARE UPDATE. I installed it and a Google Play Store app called "AppMgr III". Voila! It works!

They must have heard our cries! No "rooting" or other scary tech geek remedies needed!

I have an 8 gig sd card. If that helps, but last night I connected mine to my laptop, installed and opened KiesAir. It alerted me that there was a FIRMWARE UPDATE. I installed it and a Google Play Store app called "AppMgr III". Voila! It works!

They must have heard our cries! No "rooting" or other scary tech geek remedies needed!

Quote Originally Posted by DeeAyBee View Post
    I have an 8 gig sd card. If that helps, but last night I connected mine to my laptop, installed and opened KiesAir. It alerted me that there was a FIRMWARE UPDATE. I installed it and a Google Play Store app called "AppMgr III". Voila! It works!

The 4.3 update to Samsung devices allows apps to SD.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12