Swiftkey Flow beta available

mrxblue

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I tried the swiftkey keyboard included on note 2 for a few days and I'm going back to Swype for the following reasons:

1. SKF is not as forgiving in determining the word when you're speeding thru the keyboard. Swype allows you to just be on the vicinity.

2. Swype allows you to quickly type common punctuations like . , ? !

By the way this message was Swyped

Sent from Samsung galaxy note 2 (Verizon), titanium color

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Umm I have no idea what this is. I but it's not SwiftKey. I just wanted downloaded the tablet version and I'm looking at a keyboard divided in 2 with numbers in the middle. I have pretty sure you're app is broke. I un installing after a screen shot to post somewhere just to show how ridiculous and this is. The auto correct is pretty good whatever this is a tho. I but the predict a word is aggravating ly annoying.

This is a thumb style keyboard and is very handy to use when holding your tablet with 2 hands. It is only a style preference and it can be changed to look like a normal keyboard.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
On thing for people to also remember. SwiftKey flow is still a beta product. Once the full release is out it will work even better.

For me I find the new features to be really good for a beta release.

Syrous44

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
On thing for people to also remember. SwiftKey flow is still a beta product. Once the full release is out it will work even better. <br />
<br />
For me I find the new features to be really good for a beta release. <br />
<br />
Exactly can't complain one bit. It's working great for a bata, compared to other batas i used in the past. Some people just to picky I guess.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

sux2bu

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I tried the swiftkey keyboard included on note 2 for a few days and I'm going back to Swype for the following reasons:

1. SKF is not as forgiving in determining the word when you're speeding thru the keyboard. Swype allows you to just be on the vicinity.

What swype version do you have? Mine doesn't auto space in the browser.

ifItypeitlookslikethiswithwithSwype.

_X_

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site

That's by design most url don't have spaces. It more annoying to have to backspace after every word than to hit the spacebar.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

sux2bu

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
That's by design most url don't have spaces. It more annoying to have to backspace after every word than to hit the spacebar.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
I understand that, all keyboards do that. What I mean is that it types like that everywhere in the browser, not just in the address bar. So I have to use the stock keyboard to type this response and anything else I type while on the internet. Everywhere else, like text messages or emails I use Swype.

mrxblue

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Originally Posted by mrxblue

Swype version 1.2.4.9365

I tested it against multiple browsers (chrome, quick browser, default Samsung browser) and for a majority of the browsers, when you type in the address bar, it thinks you're trying to type a hostname/url address. Every once in awhile, it will automatically put on spaces.

Can't reliably reproduce this behavior.

05GT

May 15, 2011
Visit site
This flow is pretty damn nice. I used to be a huge fan of swype until I switched to SwiftKey.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

mrxblue

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
This flow is pretty damn nice. I used to be a huge fan of swype until I switched to SwiftKey.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

What does SKF have over Swype that made your switch?

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
What does SKF have over Swype that made your switch?

It's the prediction engine. I used to use swype and stopped because I made so many type o's. SwiftKey thinks ahead for you to the point where you can almost just select the words from the prediction menu and write complete sentences.

mrxblue

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
It's the prediction engine. I used to use swype and stopped because I made so many type o's. SwiftKey thinks ahead for you to the point where you can almost just select the words from the prediction menu and write complete sentences.

The prediction engine is one factor, but how forgiving is SKF when the first character that you swipe is not exactly over that character or even close by it? When using SKF, i found that if i didn't begin swiping in the exact first character of that word, then SKF would result in a different word than i wanted.

In Swype, it allowed me to be way off, and its algorithm would mostly get it right. And the longer the word(5+ chars), the better.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
The prediction engine is one factor, but how forgiving is SKF when the first character that you swipe is not exactly over that character or even close by it? When using SKF, i found that if i didn't begin swiping in the exact first character of that word, then SKF would result in a different word than i wanted.

In Swype, it allowed me to be way off, and its algorithm would mostly get it right. And the longer the word(5+ chars), the better.

I haven't noticed this issue because I don't really use the Swype feature as much now. I prefer typing and choosing my predictions better and find that I get better results.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie