Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Swiftkey Flow beta available

For those looking to try out the new Swiftkey Flow, the beta is available for free.

SwiftKey Flow Beta Available for Download

If you try it out, please let us know what you think.

The tablet version is also available.
    Thanked by:
    Mweuch 

Global Posts
    3,266 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Default Re: Swiftkey Flow beta available

I have been using it this morning for a while and overall think it's pretty good. I haven't used Swype for a while but find Flow a little less responsive than Swype was. But with the combination of the amazing prediction engine in SwiftKey this is a great combination that should allow them to continue to dominate the keyboard world.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
    nlitenme likes this.

Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JellyBean

Is there a way to enable one handed use a la stock keyboard?
    Sent from my White Galaxy Note II

The dedicated number row has spoiled me. I cant switch to another keyboard without it.
    Thanked by:
    amg009 
    nlitenme and OceanView like this.

Global Posts
    275 Global Posts

So far liking it. Little getting used to it, but as for performance still a little buggy at times. Also does not work in browsers and twitter, but it's bata so must still be working on full integration to all apps. Overall find it faster to write. We'll have better idea after a few days using it. Plus i have noticed it uses more battery then SwiftKey 3 keyboard. Something they have to work on.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    nlitenme likes this.

Tried it for the last few hours but went back to swype.

The row of suggested words on swype is really helpful compared to swiftkey. The predictive nature didn't seem overly better or worse than Swype, not to mention the heavier toll on the battery.

Hopefully it improves
    nlitenme likes this.

Global Posts
    2,454 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Root

Absolutely love it. The reason why some are having trouble is because the words that you use are not already in your dictionary. Remember it learns as you type. So for a little bit you may have to type in your beloved words and swiftkey will remember them the next time. Those that are having a hard time leaving stock keyboard because of number key can set swiftkey to longpress instantly for your number keys. It takes a millisecond to longpress the numbers needed. I haven't had any issues except for a few words the keyboard did not know yet. I typed them in manually and now everything is golden. One of the first things I do when installing any keyboard is had my most often used words: names, cuss words lol, slang, etc. Different strokes for different folks I guess.
    nlitenme likes this.

Just started using it and the only thing I don't like is the ability to delete words by swiping. Obviously this can't be done with the swiping but I miss it. Other than that it is pretty cool

Sent from my amazing galaxy note 2
    nlitenme likes this.

I tried it most of day today and ended going back to swype. I guess I may not be doing it right but I can still write a sentence faster with swype. Maybe the official release will be better. It's a great idea.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2
    nlitenme likes this.

Note 2 has native swiping feature... i thought that was the Flow integration... am I wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by whyst View Post
    Note 2 has native swiping feature... i thought that was the Flow integration... am I wrong?
    It's the flow feature but not the newest one. I don't think it will do full sentences. But I may be wrong.

Global Posts
    3,266 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by thevaristy View Post
    The dedicated number row has spoiled me. I cant switch to another keyboard without it.
    I feel the same about the arrow keys.

Android Evangelist

It's pretty cool but I have to get used to it. For everyone saying they're going back to swype, is your swype working correctly? Mine won't auto space when I type in the browser. It works great everywhere else.
    _X_

Global Posts
    638 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesusa View Post
    I tried it most of day today and ended going back to swype. I guess I may not be doing it right but I can still write a sentence faster with swype. Maybe the official release will be better. It's a great idea.

I agree It doesn't seem to work as good as s
    Swype and doesn't even come close to FlexT9. It makes a lot of errors and with no ability to overwrite the errors one has to go back remove the word and manually type it.

One thing though some words like like "error" the and "swyping" seem to trip up both keyboard with the same mistakes.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    275 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by whyst View Post
    Partially. Samsung has its own swipe keyboard. Flow is from SwiftKey a third party app developer. SwiftKey has a better prediction engine making typing or swyping that much faster and better. As well android has its own swype feature in os 4.2. So lot if options out there to use.

Thanked by:
    mrxblue likes this.

Global Posts
    4,724 Global Posts
    ROM
    All Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Syrous44 View Post
    Partially. Samsung has its own swipe keyboard. Flow is from SwiftKey a third party app developer. SwiftKey has a better prediction engine making typing or swyping that much faster and better. As well android has its own swype feature in os 4.2. So lot if options out there to use.
    If you go into the Samsung keyboard settings, you'll see that the swiping option is called SwiftKey Flow. I'm guessing that Samsung licensed SwiftKey functions to be built into their stock keyboard (swiping, predictive text). It's not the full experience, and you can't swipe across the space bar to start the next word, but it does seem like they partnered together for the Note 2 keyboard.
    RuneCryption - Unique memory puzzle game for Android. ( Google Play - Amazon Appstore )

Global Posts
    226 Global Posts

I had already decided I prefer the Samsung keyboard to Swype. I'm now giving SKF a try. I do like the number row on the Samsung keyboard though. Samsung's doesn't allow continuous swiping by touching the spacebar in between words, and it doesn't have the prediction capability of SKF, but so far I'm finding a lot of occasions where SKF plugs in the wrong word, requiring a manual delete. There are two different modes in SKF ("what kind of typist are you?") and maybe I need to try the other one. The jury is still out, but if I don't come to like SKF better than I do now, I'll probably go back to Samsung's keyboard.
    Banned

Umm I have no idea what this is. I but it's not SwiftKey. I just wanted downloaded the tablet version and I'm looking at a keyboard divided in 2 with numbers in the middle. I have pretty sure you're app is broke. I un installing after a screen shot to post somewhere just to show how ridiculous and this is. The auto correct is pretty good whatever this is a tho. I but the predict a word is aggravating ly annoying.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Swiftkey Flow beta available-screenshot_2012-12-07-10-43-58.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Xopher View Post
    If you go into the Samsung keyboard settings, you'll see that the swiping option is called SwiftKey Flow. I'm guessing that Samsung licensed SwiftKey functions to be built into their stock keyboard (swiping, predictive text). It's not the full experience, and you can't swipe across the space bar to start the next word, but it does seem like they partnered together for the Note 2 keyboard.
    Actually, that's only in some models... earlier models' feature is called 'continuous input' as SwiftKey had not announced Flow yet, so they couldn't use that name. But Syrous44, SwiftKey IS the developer of the feature used in Samsung. Samsung used their API to integrate it into their keyboard, along with prediction and everything (which still has me wondering whey the heck is the language bar needed for).

I use SK3 Beta (licensed) and would like to try SKF, but I don't want it to mess up SK3. If I install the apk, will it load as a separate option in the language and input settings? Or will it replace SK3?

It will be a separate app

Sent from my SGS3!
    Thanked by:

I tried the swiftkey keyboard included on note 2 for a few days and I'm going back to Swype for the following reasons:

1. SKF is not as forgiving in determining the word when you're speeding thru the keyboard. Swype allows you to just be on the vicinity.

2. Swype allows you to quickly type common punctuations like . , ? !

By the way this message was Swyped

Sent from Samsung galaxy note 2 (Verizon), titanium color

Global Posts
    3,266 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by slatechalk View Post
    Umm I have no idea what this is. I but it's not SwiftKey. I just wanted downloaded the tablet version and I'm looking at a keyboard divided in 2 with numbers in the middle. I have pretty sure you're app is broke. I un installing after a screen shot to post somewhere just to show how ridiculous and this is. The auto correct is pretty good whatever this is a tho. I but the predict a word is aggravating ly annoying.
    This is a thumb style keyboard and is very handy to use when holding your tablet with 2 hands. It is only a style preference and it can be changed to look like a normal keyboard.

Android Evangelist

Global Posts
    3,266 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

On thing for people to also remember. SwiftKey flow is still a beta product. Once the full release is out it will work even better.

For me I find the new features to be really good for a beta release.

Android Evangelist

Global Posts
    275 Global Posts

On thing for people to also remember. SwiftKey flow is still a beta product. Once the full release is out it will work even better. <br />
    <br />
    For me I find the new features to be really good for a beta release. <br />
    <br />
    Exactly can't complain one bit. It's working great for a bata, compared to other batas i used in the past. Some people just to picky I guess.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast