Stock keyboard

JMU_GSII

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I really want to use the stock keyboard, but there is one thing that drives me crazy: I can't long press buttons to add punctuation. Instead, I have to switch to the punctuation keyboard, or long press the "period" button to bring up the other options. I've looked in the settings and can't find any changes that would fix this. Am I missing something, or am I the only person who is annoyed by this?

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I really want to use the stock keyboard, but there is one thing that drives me crazy: I can't long press buttons to add punctuation. Instead, I have to switch to the punctuation keyboard, or long press the "period" button to bring up the other options. I've looked in the settings and can't find any changes that would fix this. Am I missing something, or am I the only person who is annoyed by this?

Have you made the Samsung kb your default kb? The first key to the right of the spacebar is a period. No long-press necessary. :)

JMU_GSII

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I'm talking about the rest of the punctuation marks like ! ? # ( ) , " '
The dedicated number row is great, but I can't believe you can't long press the other buttons for punctuation

JMU_GSII

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
| seem to be able to. When you long press, what happens?

from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2, baddest phone on the planet.

For example, other keyboards allow you to long press "a" and then you get an "!". But on the Samsung keyboard, if I long press any of the letters, it just gives me a capital letter. Instead, I have to long press the period button to bring up the other punctuation options.

I will also add that I have an international Note 2. I don't know if the US versions are any different

wizardofoz85

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I've been wondering about this too. The lack of autocorrect was already annoying me and now this.
I want to use the stock keyboard but it's like Samsung are forcing me to use swiftkey or swype.

eckl

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Try the 3 x 4 keyboard. Works great too for one hand typing. And space bar input the recommended words. No international note2.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
For example, other keyboards allow you to long press "a" and then you get an "!". But on the Samsung keyboard, if I long press any of the letters, it just gives me a capital letter. Instead, I have to long press the period button to bring up the other punctuation options.

I will also add that I have an international Note 2. I don't know if the US versions are any different

Do the keys show alternate characters?

from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2, baddest phone on the planet.

JMU_GSII

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
It's not letting me upload a picture from my computer, but here's a picture from a website that shows the international Note 2 keyboard. Like I said, if you long press the keys, it just gives you a capital letter. I saw pictures of the keyboard for the US versions, and I'm really jealous. Does anybody know of a way to get the US keyboard?

Galaxy%252520Note%2525202%252520Samsung%252520Keyboard%25255B3%25255D.png