- 1 Posts
Calendar Sync woes (iCloud, Kies, Google)
Here's my problem, got fed up with Apples lack of innovation but was happily using iCloud for 3 calendars being shared, mine and my wifes. It makes planning stuff far better when you can see what everyone has got on. I digress.
I've recently upgraded to a Note 2 (My wife has the Galaxy S3) and now our calendars are completely out of sync. I've downloaded smoothsync to pull the data from iCloud but I believe the sync isn't two way so anything new or edited is lost and not synced across the devices.
So my requirement is to sync existing iCloud calendars to Google (Only way I can think to do this is via iTunes) or some other multi calendar option and not the device calendar as that too, as far as I'm aware, is local only. Finally, create a new shared calendar for both of us to use.
Has anyone had similar issues or tried to sync iCloud calendars out to google?
- 01-28-2013, 08:01 PM #2
- 01-28-2013, 10:41 PM #3
- 408 Posts
Re: Calendar Sync woes (iCloud, Kies, Google)
What I think is the easiest and fastest way:
1. Create google accounts for both you and your wife and share your calendars with each other.
2. Copy over the icloud data to google using smoothsync.
3. Use the stock calendar app, it's fairly nice and I haven't heard of any bugs in it. If you open "Calendars" on the top of the screen, you can select which calendars to use. Select the google calendars you want and unselect the rest. You'll have 2 way sync back to google from your phone.
For example, I have my calendar and the US Holidays calendar selected. I believe if hers is shared with yours that hers will show up on the phone with yours (if not, you might have to add her account to your phone).
This way does not sync back to icloud but I think from what you said that as long as you and your wife can see each other's calendars you won't need that.
- By kylep23 in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 4Last Post: 06-29-2011, 01:02 AM
- By cdolan22 in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 2Last Post: 06-19-2010, 10:23 AM
- By robertpetry in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 8Last Post: 06-06-2010, 12:52 AM
- By ses020570#AC in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 0Last Post: 05-28-2010, 09:51 PM
- By Daveydave#CB in forum HTC HeroReplies: 0Last Post: 10-24-2009, 03:12 PM