Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Missing keyboard on my galaxy note 2

Hi,

I have a problem with my note 2 phone, I am missing keyboard on my phone. It does not appear when I want to make a text message. Does anyone know what is the problem?

Jake

Default Re: Missing keyboard on my galaxy note 2

Wow, that sounds like a very nasty bug!!! I haven't seen that kind of problem before but I'd suggest downloading another keyboard from Google Play and see if that helps... Also check the Language and Keyboard settings and see if all your keyboards are enabled. If you're not rooted you shouldn't be allowed to disable Samsung's stock keyboard, but if you're rooted anything goes.

Quote Originally Posted by rapmaniak View Post
    Hi,

I have a problem with my note 2 phone, I am missing keyboard on my phone. It does not appear when I want to make a text message. Does anyone know what is the problem?

Jake
    Restart the phone and if that doesn't work take it back and get a new one.
    I wouldn't mess around buying another keyboard app.
    If you don't have a stock keyboard your phone is broken.
    Get one that works.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by 2:
    tuffy100 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rapmaniak View Post
    Hi,

Jake
    I had the same problem. Try this...

Then select the keyboard option.
    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by 4:
    Flexia and Lydia Pickett like this.

THAT'S IT! Thanks Sno4LIfe! - Talk about an unintuitive UI! Cool, but unobvious.

Global Posts
    4,723 Global Posts
    ROM
    All Stock

You were in pen mode (for handwriting recognition).
    RuneCryption - Unique memory puzzle game for Android. ( Google Play - Amazon Appstore )

Thank you so much Sno4life! I had the same problem and it drove me crazy. Couldn't fix in phone settings.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums
    Lydia Pickett likes this.
    Resident Linux Fiend

ROM
    Stock Touchwiz LJC 4.1.1

That's why I use Swype.

Swyped from my Galaxy Note II on the Now Network
    Thanked by:

I'm new to Android and to my Note 2. I used Swype on a phone once by moving my finger across the keyboard to join the letters and make the words. It was great.
    Anyone able to help an old lady figure out how to do this on my new Note 2? I hate that stylus pen thing!

Quote Originally Posted by seagalns2 View Post
    I'm new to Android and to my Note 2. I used Swype on a phone once by moving my finger across the keyboard to join the letters and make the words. It was great.
    Anyone able to help an old lady figure out how to do this on my new Note 2? I hate that stylus pen thing!
    The standard keyboard is equipped with the swipe function. Works exactly like the Swype keyboard.

not mine. if i try to swype a word it only captures the last letter. Do I need to download something?

not mine. if i try to swype a word it only captures the last letter. Do I need to download something?
    Go into the main Settings, select Language and Input, then hit the gear symbol next to Samsung Keyboard. Make sure the box is checked next to "Swiftkey flow."

Global Posts
    146 Global Posts

Hey pretty cool I didn't know this was available!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Hey I found the answer! Here it is - for any other 82 year old ladies who are trying to be at least a little bit tech savvy --- Open for a new message then Run your finger from the top of your phone down the screen. It will bring up option to Choose Input method. Tap that and it brings up Google voice typing and Samsung keyboard. Tap to choose Samsung keyboard. Tap on Set up input methods. Tap again on Samsung keyboard and in the Samsung keyboard settings window, tap on Continuous input. There you have it - clear as mud? Worked for me so I'm happy. Btw - I like this forum. It's nice to be able to get help with stuff like this. Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Hey I found the answer! Here it is - for any other 82 year old ladies who are trying to be at least a little bit tech savvy --- Open for a new message then Run your finger from the top of your phone down the screen. It will bring up option to Choose Input method. Tap that and it brings up Google voice typing and Samsung keyboard. Tap to choose Samsung keyboard. Tap on Set up input methods. Tap again on Samsung keyboard and in the Samsung keyboard settings window, tap on Continuous input. There you have it - clear as mud? Worked for me so I'm happy. Btw - I like this forum. It's nice to be able to get help with stuff like this. Thanks

You saved me from cursing my phone! Thank you so much! I had the same problem.

Thank you! That solved my problem; and I learned something new

Thanks, You are life saver!!

Thanks so much Sno4Life and Jake for posting this! Such an easy fix, but I could not figure it out!

Thank you so much I was going crazy!

Red face Re: Missing keyboard on my galaxy note 2

This worked for me as well! Thanks!

Perfect solution...Gracias

Thank you.

Red face Re: Missing keyboard on my galaxy note 2

Thanks for the information. My keyboard also disappeared and I couldn't get it back, no matter what I tried. I called customer service and she didn't even know what it was. She did try hard to find out, but while I was waiting for her to come back on the phone I googled the problem, and this is where I landed. So I restarted my phone and when it came back on, there was the keyboard. I still don't know what I pushed to make it disappear, but this same thing has happened to me twice now, and it's good to find something that works.

And Thanks also for the post with the picture of phone screen with Push and Hold circled. I just tried that and now I know what I was accidently doing to make my keyboard disappear. Now it seems really Duh! Thanks a lot everyone for your great answers.
    Last edited by KaitlynRAH; 09-06-2013 at 02:03 PM.

Thumbs up Re: Missing keyboard on my galaxy note 2

Thank you!!! It worked for me too....

Try reading the manual. They provide them for a reason. Also, there are guides online if you need further help or tutorials. Finally, you could try "Google"-ing your issue before creating a thread. Chances are, people have had similar issues. It's 2013. Be actively resourceful instead of having other people do the work for you.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast