Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Scratches on Chrome

Long story short, I scratch the upper side of the chrome by the power button. Anyone know if there's some kind of buffer of something similar I can use to fix it. I heard of radtech bezel blaster works pretty well. Anyone have any advice?

Default Re: Scratches on Chrome

I unfortunately don't have any solution for you. However, I wanted to add that this is happening to many people. Seems like a common problem and Samsung didn't do a very good job with the build quality on the chrome sides of the phone.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

yea, i spent 6 hrs researching a way to fix the problem, to no avail. might just have to buy a chrome paint pen and just fill up the little chips so then it'll blend in better.

That's probably your only option unfortunately. Its really pretty poor build quality. Its my only gripe with the phone.

How did you scratch it anyways? They are scratching from just common everday use.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

well...um...i..um, kind of dropped it (it was in one of those wallet cases,) other than that I never experienced any "scratching from common uses" I have now taken it out of the case and placed it back in my TPU gel case, so i shouldn't experinced anymore scratching

Global Posts
    2,678 Global Posts
    Carrier
    ICS 4.0.4

Quote Originally Posted by Tokio_Love View Post
    Long story short, I scratch the upper side of the chrome by the power button. Anyone know if there's some kind of buffer of something similar I can use to fix it. I heard of radtech bezel blaster works pretty well. Anyone have any advice?
    That is why I use a like my Seidio Active. It prevents scratches and damage to my phone.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2.
    USAF Veteran

Global Posts
    683 Global Posts

It isn't real chromed metal, it is a chromed finished plastic, so scratches probably can't be buffed out.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by chazglenn3 View Post
    It isn't real chromed metal, it is a chromed finished plastic, so scratches probably can't be buffed out.
    Yea, i found that out while researching, I'm just going to by a touch up pen, I actually forgot all about the scratch now, once its in a case you kind of forget the phone's cosmetic flaws

Quote Originally Posted by Tokio_Love View Post
    Yea, i found that out while researching, I'm just going to by a touch up pen, I actually forgot all about the scratch now, once its in a case you kind of forget the phone's cosmetic flaws
    Ya I hear you. Little scratches like that drive me crazy though for some reason.