Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Battery Issues

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Hello Guys..I Just Saw Many Positive Reviews About The Battery Life But Its Not Been The Case For Me...My Phone's Battery Runs Out Too Fast Even If No Applications Is Running...Well To Be Precise,Within An Hour,In Idle Mode,There Is Considerable Reduction Say,About 10%-20%....I Have Note 2 International Version Which A Week And Half Old...So Help Me,If U Can!!! Thnx A Lot!!

Last edited:

TheDroidLurker

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Are you operating with the cellular radio in " global mode" ? If you know what type of network you will be operating on then just set it for the carrier you subscribe to and that should relieve some of that battery drain.

Sent from my sweet Verizon Galaxy Note 2

tcapote

Geek Freak
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Maybe you have a rouge app? I have an Internatin version on Straight Talk, it is VERY common to have 50% battery after 15 hours with 2hrs of screen time. Almost always on cellular.

justpastfinish

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
Install an app called gsam battery moniyor from the play store.

Open it and click on the bottom area called apps. Then click on the top and go to time held awake....report what it says. Its great at telling you what app is rogue

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

sillyrabbitt123

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

Open it and click on the bottom area called apps. Then click on the top and go to time held awake....report what it says. Its great at telling you what app is rogue

anyway to move the gsam battery meter icon to the right side of the notification bar or is there a way to use the stock battery meter icon on notification bar? cant seem how to do that? thanks

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
When I bought mine and fired it up I had a similar issue. I had read that battery was awsome but mine was draining at 10% an hour.... So, I checked every setting I could and the few culprits I found were these:
1) Google Now. It's crap in my country so I disabled it (the only thing that worked were weather notifications...and I have widgets for that). Why? It polls for your location CONSTANTLY. That's how it works its creepy magic.
2) After thinking about location polling, I went to Google Maps. For some reason after linking my account it decided to automatically link it to Latitude (which, does anyone use anymore?) and had the 'Location Reporting' to automatic. This was the 'rogue' app. After I turned that reporting thing off, the phone had stellar battery life.

Now I have a VERY hard time killing it after a day's work. I've managed to get nearly 8 hours of screen-on time and still get 20% left in my phone before going to bed. A W E S O M E.

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Thnx A Lot Guys,But I Dont Think I have The Problem With The Network Cuz,Up Until Now I Havent Inserted A Sim In My Mobile :p :p :p
I Tried By Replacing The Live Wallpaper With A Normal One....It Seems To Have A Little Effect But Still The Maximum Time I Get On 100% Charged Battery Is Around 5 Or 6 Hours Under Normal Use -_-
And AM Planning To Buy A New Battery If This Lasts Further -_-

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Are you guys using dropbox or any other cloud service? If you have lots of content that you have transferred from a different phone then it is natural for the battery usage to be more because your device will be doing lots of uoloads and downloads.

Personally. I leave wifi on, gps off and bluetooth off when not in use. Screen is set to the middle and auto on. Thats it. Oh and I use a video wallpaper. Have done so since the day I got it. I get about 10-12 hours of use. But that is mostly browsing internet or watching vids.

Under battery usage in menu can you take a screenshot and post it please?

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
And to add to the above. Everyones normal use is a little different. My normal use is all the time. I may not be playing games but the screen is on doing something. With this phone I get 2 times the battery life of my iphone 5 but on a much larger screen.

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
must be your settings cause I'm getting almost 2 days on my phone and I use it a lot.
If this was my iPhone 4s I would have to charge 2 times during the day to make sure I can go all day.
No more of that crap with this phone.
The Note II is truly the best phone on Earth!

Haucore

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
I use mine literally my entire work shift(9hours) on a single charge. Mainly Netflix. I deplete 10% per hour. If you want to achieve 2 days you would have to get battery managing app which generally turns off all radio signals whenever the screen is off. Which is most of the times the culprit for battery drain when the phone isn't in use. There's just no such thing as 2 days of use without some sort of aid.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Android Central Forums

sudbury78

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Is the screen at 38.5% high? My battery seems to be weak the ,sat 3 days since I've downloaded beautiful widgets. I have since deleted it but still see a big decrease in battery

Haucore

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
It's set to 65%. Not only am i just streaming Netflix but i am also seeding torrents (5 is the max for Adownloader). It feels as if no matter what i do it how much i task, it still goes 10% per hour and honestly it feels like the norm with this much work

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Android Central Forums

TheOtherBill

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

Do what the man said and all your problems will be solved! :)

MsWalker

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
I used the gsam battery monitor and discovered Google Play Store was the highest. When I turned off personalized ads, it dropped down in the apps list. Thanks for the recommendation.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
When I bought mine and fired it up I had a similar issue. I had read that battery was awsome but mine was draining at 10% an hour.... So, I checked every setting I could and the few culprits I found were these:
1) Google Now. It's crap in my country so I disabled it (the only thing that worked were weather notifications...and I have widgets for that). Why? It polls for your location CONSTANTLY. That's how it works its creepy magic.
2) After thinking about location polling, I went to Google Maps. For some reason after linking my account it decided to automatically link it to Latitude (which, does anyone use anymore?) and had the 'Location Reporting' to automatic. This was the 'rogue' app. After I turned that reporting thing off, the phone had stellar battery life.

Now I have a VERY hard time killing it after a day's work. I've managed to get nearly 8 hours of screen-on time and still get 20% left in my phone before going to bed. A W E S O M E.

I only use Google Now for Sports Scores and that's it. Honestly, I can download an application just as easily so I'm going to disable it. Hope I notice a difference!

Edit - I can still do searches based on scores for my teams with it disabled. So having it enabled was pointless all along.

Droid_Evo_8

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Personally. I leave wifi on, gps off and bluetooth off when not in use. Screen is set to the middle and auto on. Thats it. Oh and I use a video wallpaper. Have done so since the day I got it. I get about 10-12 hours of use. But that is mostly browsing internet or watching vids.

I heard and read around that wifi kills your battery faster than having it off. Don't matter to me since my 4G is (suprisingly) faster than my home wifi. LOL

If you want to achieve 2 days you would have to get battery managing app which generally turns off all radio signals whenever the screen is off. Which is most of the times the culprit for battery drain when the phone isn't in use.

That would be the Deep Sleep Battery Saver Pro

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I heard and read around that wifi kills your battery faster than having it off. Don't matter to me since my 4G is (suprisingly) faster than my home wifi. LOL

That would be the Deep Sleep Battery Saver Pro

From my understanding Wi-Fi is better on the battery than 4G LTE is since the signal is more consistant. However, leaving Wi-Fi enabled while you're connected to 4G LTE and not the Wi-Fi will drain the battery. It's basically searching for your home Wi-Fi signal at all times but can never find it. So from my experience use Wi-Fi when possible but turn it off when not in range.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmitrbol