Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 45
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Battery Issues

    Hello Guys..I Just Saw Many Positive Reviews About The Battery Life But Its Not Been The Case For Me...My Phone's Battery Runs Out Too Fast Even If No Applications Is Running...Well To Be Precise,Within An Hour,In Idle Mode,There Is Considerable Reduction Say,About 10%-20%....I Have Note 2 International Version Which A Week And Half Old...So Help Me,If U Can!!! Thnx A Lot!!
    Last edited by Logesshwar Balasubramanian; 12-07-2012 at 05:33 PM.
  2. #2  
    TheDroidLurker's Avatar

    Posts
    134 Posts
    ROM
    Rooted, De-Bloated Stock

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Battery Issues

    Are you operating with the cellular radio in " global mode" ? If you know what type of network you will be operating on then just set it for the carrier you subscribe to and that should relieve some of that battery drain.

    Sent from my sweet Verizon Galaxy Note 2
    Rocking the Galaxy Note 2. Rooted and De-Bloated. Take that VZW!!
  3. #3  
    tcapote's Avatar
    Geek Freak

    Posts
    469 Posts
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Battery Issues

    Maybe you have a rouge app? I have an Internatin version on Straight Talk, it is VERY common to have 50% battery after 15 hours with 2hrs of screen time. Almost always on cellular.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Battery Issues

    Install an app called gsam battery moniyor from the play store.

    Open it and click on the bottom area called apps. Then click on the top and go to time held awake....report what it says. Its great at telling you what app is rogue

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    TheOtherBill likes this.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Battery Issues

    Quote Originally Posted by scizzy View Post
    Install an app called gsam battery moniyor from the play store.

    Open it and click on the bottom area called apps. Then click on the top and go to time held awake....report what it says. Its great at telling you what app is rogue

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    anyway to move the gsam battery meter icon to the right side of the notification bar or is there a way to use the stock battery meter icon on notification bar? cant seem how to do that? thanks
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Battery Issues

    When I bought mine and fired it up I had a similar issue. I had read that battery was awsome but mine was draining at 10% an hour.... So, I checked every setting I could and the few culprits I found were these:
    1) Google Now. It's crap in my country so I disabled it (the only thing that worked were weather notifications...and I have widgets for that). Why? It polls for your location CONSTANTLY. That's how it works its creepy magic.
    2) After thinking about location polling, I went to Google Maps. For some reason after linking my account it decided to automatically link it to Latitude (which, does anyone use anymore?) and had the 'Location Reporting' to automatic. This was the 'rogue' app. After I turned that reporting thing off, the phone had stellar battery life.

    Now I have a VERY hard time killing it after a day's work. I've managed to get nearly 8 hours of screen-on time and still get 20% left in my phone before going to bed. A W E S O M E.
    Thanked by:
    crystinonfire likes this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Battery Issues

    Thnx A Lot Guys,But I Dont Think I have The Problem With The Network Cuz,Up Until Now I Havent Inserted A Sim In My Mobile :P :P :P
    I Tried By Replacing The Live Wallpaper With A Normal One....It Seems To Have A Little Effect But Still The Maximum Time I Get On 100% Charged Battery Is Around 5 Or 6 Hours Under Normal Use -_-
    And AM Planning To Buy A New Battery If This Lasts Further -_-
  8. #8  
    jdub1981's Avatar

    Posts
    1,373 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,374 Global Posts
    ROM
    ATT SE 1.0

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Battery Issues

    Are you guys using dropbox or any other cloud service? If you have lots of content that you have transferred from a different phone then it is natural for the battery usage to be more because your device will be doing lots of uoloads and downloads.

    Personally. I leave wifi on, gps off and bluetooth off when not in use. Screen is set to the middle and auto on. Thats it. Oh and I use a video wallpaper. Have done so since the day I got it. I get about 10-12 hours of use. But that is mostly browsing internet or watching vids.

    Under battery usage in menu can you take a screenshot and post it please?
  9. #9  
    jdub1981's Avatar

    Posts
    1,373 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,374 Global Posts
    ROM
    ATT SE 1.0

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Battery Issues

    And to add to the above. Everyones normal use is a little different. My normal use is all the time. I may not be playing games but the screen is on doing something. With this phone I get 2 times the battery life of my iphone 5 but on a much larger screen.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Battery Issues

    must be your settings cause I'm getting almost 2 days on my phone and I use it a lot.
    If this was my iPhone 4s I would have to charge 2 times during the day to make sure I can go all day.
    No more of that crap with this phone.
    The Note II is truly the best phone on Earth!
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Battery Issues

    I use mine literally my entire work shift(9hours) on a single charge. Mainly Netflix. I deplete 10% per hour. If you want to achieve 2 days you would have to get battery managing app which generally turns off all radio signals whenever the screen is off. Which is most of the times the culprit for battery drain when the phone isn't in use. There's just no such thing as 2 days of use without some sort of aid.

    Sent from my SGH-T889 using Android Central Forums
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Battery Issues

    Is the screen at 38.5% high? My battery seems to be weak the ,sat 3 days since I've downloaded beautiful widgets. I have since deleted it but still see a big decrease in battery
    Sent from my Rooted VZW Note 3
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Battery Issues

    It's set to 65%. Not only am i just streaming Netflix but i am also seeding torrents (5 is the max for Adownloader). It feels as if no matter what i do it how much i task, it still goes 10% per hour and honestly it feels like the norm with this much work

    Sent from my SGH-T889 using Android Central Forums
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Battery Issues

    Quote Originally Posted by scizzy View Post
    Install an app called gsam battery moniyor from the play store.

    Open it and click on the bottom area called apps. Then click on the top and go to time held awake....report what it says. Its great at telling you what app is rogue
    Do what the man said and all your problems will be solved!
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Battery Issues

    @SpookDroid - those two tips are stellar. just changed them on my phone!
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Battery Issues

    I used the gsam battery monitor and discovered Google Play Store was the highest. When I turned off personalized ads, it dropped down in the apps list. Thanks for the recommendation.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Battery Issues

    Mine found Light Flow to be my problem. Gone now, thankfully.
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Battery Issues

    Quote Originally Posted by SpookDroid View Post
    When I bought mine and fired it up I had a similar issue. I had read that battery was awsome but mine was draining at 10% an hour.... So, I checked every setting I could and the few culprits I found were these:
    1) Google Now. It's crap in my country so I disabled it (the only thing that worked were weather notifications...and I have widgets for that). Why? It polls for your location CONSTANTLY. That's how it works its creepy magic.
    2) After thinking about location polling, I went to Google Maps. For some reason after linking my account it decided to automatically link it to Latitude (which, does anyone use anymore?) and had the 'Location Reporting' to automatic. This was the 'rogue' app. After I turned that reporting thing off, the phone had stellar battery life.

    Now I have a VERY hard time killing it after a day's work. I've managed to get nearly 8 hours of screen-on time and still get 20% left in my phone before going to bed. A W E S O M E.
    I only use Google Now for Sports Scores and that's it. Honestly, I can download an application just as easily so I'm going to disable it. Hope I notice a difference!

    Edit - I can still do searches based on scores for my teams with it disabled. So having it enabled was pointless all along.
    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
  19. #19  
    Droid_Evo_8's Avatar

    Posts
    788 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Battery Issues

    Quote Originally Posted by jdub1981 View Post
    Personally. I leave wifi on, gps off and bluetooth off when not in use. Screen is set to the middle and auto on. Thats it. Oh and I use a video wallpaper. Have done so since the day I got it. I get about 10-12 hours of use. But that is mostly browsing internet or watching vids.
    I heard and read around that wifi kills your battery faster than having it off. Don't matter to me since my 4G is (suprisingly) faster than my home wifi. LOL

    Quote Originally Posted by Haucore View Post
    If you want to achieve 2 days you would have to get battery managing app which generally turns off all radio signals whenever the screen is off. Which is most of the times the culprit for battery drain when the phone isn't in use.
    That would be the Deep Sleep Battery Saver Pro
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Battery Issues

    Quote Originally Posted by Droid_Evo_8 View Post
    I heard and read around that wifi kills your battery faster than having it off. Don't matter to me since my 4G is (suprisingly) faster than my home wifi. LOL



    That would be the Deep Sleep Battery Saver Pro
    From my understanding Wi-Fi is better on the battery than 4G LTE is since the signal is more consistant. However, leaving Wi-Fi enabled while you're connected to 4G LTE and not the Wi-Fi will drain the battery. It's basically searching for your home Wi-Fi signal at all times but can never find it. So from my experience use Wi-Fi when possible but turn it off when not in range.
  21. #21  
    Droid_Evo_8's Avatar

    Posts
    788 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Battery Issues

    Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse2K View Post
    From my understanding Wi-Fi is better on the battery than 4G LTE is since the signal is more consistant. However, leaving Wi-Fi enabled while you're connected to 4G LTE and not the Wi-Fi will drain the battery. It's basically searching for your home Wi-Fi signal at all times but can never find it. So from my experience use Wi-Fi when possible but turn it off when not in range.
    I see. But ya, I never leave wifi on when I'm out on my home range.
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Battery Issues

    Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse2K View Post
    From my understanding Wi-Fi is better on the battery than 4G LTE is since the signal is more consistant. However, leaving Wi-Fi enabled while you're connected to 4G LTE and not the Wi-Fi will drain the battery. It's basically searching for your home Wi-Fi signal at all times but can never find it. So from my experience use Wi-Fi when possible but turn it off when not in range.
    For me, wifi seems to drain as much power as lte, I leave my phone overnight and about 10-12% drain, same for both.

    Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note II
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Battery Issues

    Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    For me, wifi seems to drain as much power as lte, I leave my phone overnight and about 10-12% drain, same for both.

    Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note II
    Weird, not me. Hm..

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Battery Issues

    Can anybody help me pIz with this problem I tried everything With MY phone (Samsung galaxy Note 2) but it didn't work I had charged My phone fully and I switched off the Wi-fi , mobile network (3G) , Gprs , Sync , Bluetooth & switched the brightness to the lowest possible value , also I don't use live wallpapers & I switched on the power saving mode yet the battery vanishes so fast & here is a Pic after only 4hrs usage and its 52% what else can I do with this battery to work properly like others ?? and also 61% after about 7hrs without even using it can anybody
    help me plz ??






    Last edited by Ahmed Hanafy; 03-03-2013 at 04:10 PM.
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Battery Issues

    My phone 5 minutes ago..non rooted..updated..zero battery issues.

    Sent from my SGN2 on the Sprint network.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Battery Issues-uploadfromtaptalk1362246921751.jpg  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Noob Question: Gmail syncing issues on the Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    By Madkatter in forum AT&T Galaxy Note 2
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-25-2013, 09:31 PM
  2. Samsung Galaxy s3 battery issues
    By philip111 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-01-2012, 02:07 PM
  3. Samsung Galaxy S3 battery issue.
    By beachprance in forum Samsung Galaxy S3
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-12-2012, 08:56 AM
  4. samsung galaxy note 10.1 gt-n8010 wifi issue
    By blueybeelot in forum Introductions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-06-2012, 11:26 PM

Posting Permissions