Note 2 - a disappointment or is it broken? Help please

Bunter221

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I love the phone but need to make a quick decision whether to return it and get another.

I have had the Note 2 about a week, I enjoyed Android I changed form a Galaxy Nexus phone to the Note 2 I used these two apps on the Nexus and they worked fine, I have installed them on the Note 2 and neither work as they previously did on the Nexus - the pedometer doesn't count all the steps (way short) and the Sleep app doesn't register movements nor generate the correct graphs. I am ready to send the phone back so I need some helpful tests.

My guess is you will love the free apps any way!

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...=jp.gr.java_conf.kino.walkroid&token=LTNhSWNq
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...d=com.azumio.android.sleeptime&token=n2Ao9u5N

I would appreciate it if someone could run these two apps and let me know if it works for you as outlined and a simple night?s sleep with the phone face down will cover the Sleep app and walk 100 steps with the phone in your pocket and see if it counts the steps ok. My phone seems all over shop in the step counting.

The accelerometer may not be functioning properly as it was new I thought if it may be mechanical it may improve. I just walked 1.2 km and it shows 50 steps. At the half way point I changed the phones position and it was worse on the return walk!

I have calibrated the gyro and ran all the test apps and everything seems to work - they just may not be sensitive enough! Then I will contact the developer - by the way Sleep as Android works but is too hard on battery life IMO!

Both theses apps worked flawlessly on the Nexus and I used them both daily!

I firstly contacted the Sleep app developer but realised it could actually be a faulty phone.

I hope you can help as I don?t want to be stuck with a faulty phone if I can get another!

Thanks to those who do this for me!

Bunter221

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
it more than likely is the app, not the phone. Lots of devs are still updating their apps to JB

thanks mate but I am sure my Nexus was running JB and I am very familiar with those two apps and I used them everyday. I really need a Note 2 owner to install enjoy and test both apps are low power users and helpful!

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
ok fair enough, when you say Galaxy nexus, I think VZW which is behind.

How did you get the apps back on there? Clean reinstall or restore from backup

Unicorn56

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Wow! This is obviously just an attempt by a desperate developer to push his apps! Buy an ad dude and stop using forums for free advertising!

JMU_GSII

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Wow! This is obviously just an attempt by a desperate developer to push his apps! Buy an ad dude and stop using forums for free advertising!

Considering the apps are made by different developers, and one is a top developer, I doubt he's connected to these apps. Maybe you could show a little more sympathy to our fellow members on these forums.

vr002sh

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
They do appear to have different developers. Sleeptime has a 4.2 rating, but most of the posts talk about it being buggy or crashing. The walking app says it does not seem to count steps when the screen is dark, I would hate to have it drain my battery by keeping the screen lit. OP, I suggest you contact the developers and have them look at their issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995