Galaxy Note 2 fueling my smartphone addiction.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
After getting my Note 2 on Sprint (this is my 3rd) my wife asked me how many more phones was I planning to buy? I laughed, but then she asked me how many phones have I bought over the years? I made a list and it came to 28! I have had that many smartphones since 2007. My first was the AT&T Tilt. This isn't even counting the smartphones that I have bought multiples of. Now I have the Note 2 and I think it is perfect. But given my track record , I'm wondering if my fascination with this device will be short - lived. This could be the last device that I need for a while, or it could be just another notch on the belt. Anyone living this?

from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2, baddest phone on the planet.

CeeDotSmith

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
I can definitely relate... I haven't had quite as many phones as 28 (maybe around 17 since the early 00's). But I have found that my phone satisfaction has gotten worse over the years. I used to keep a phone for at least 2 years and I now find myself switching every year. Most recently... switching from the GNex to the GNote2 and that was around an 11 month turn around -_- I've come to live with my problem, lol. HOPEFULLY, the GNote will keep me satisfied, but I said the same thing about the GNex...

Sent from my Galaxy Note II

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I switched from boost to vzw to att to cricket and finally to sprint all in 2012 lol

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus Rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
When Samsung announced the original Note back in September of 2011, I exclaimed "that's the ultimate all-in-one device."

Prior to that I had switched phones every 9-12 months and my friends thought I was either rich or crazy.

But when I saw the Note, I knew I had to have that phone. In fact, I did the unthinkable for me, and actually switched carriers back in February to get the original Note. I had never switched carriers just for a single phone. But the Note was no ordinary phone.

However, the cost of service on Att was killing me monthly, even though I purchased the phone off contract. So when Sprint announced they would carry the Note 2, I dropped Att, like a hot potato, sold the original Note, and switched back to Sprint.

For me, I now have the ultimate phone, on my preferred carrier, and at the price point that'll keep me married.

So now, unless a phone has at least a 5.5 inch display, and the wacom digitizer, I can almost guarantee that I won't be switching. The s-pen is too much a part of what I use my phone for to ever go back to a mere smartphone.

So much so, that in August I even purchased the Galaxy Note 10.1 for business use.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
My att note 2 would be awesome if it had lte. Alas, no att lte in my city. Verizon has had lte herw for over a year.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
My att note 2 would be awesome if it had lte. Alas, no att lte in my city. Verizon has had lte herw for over a year.

I'm starting to think that it would be difficult to switch to another smartphone that doesn't have an Spen. That may be the thing that stops me from switching phones this time. I just enjoy using it too much,

Jackson Galaxy

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm starting to see the same trend. I had my Evo 4G for over a year, then my Evo 4G LTE for 8 months. I'm hoping to buck that trend with the Note II.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm starting to see the same trend. I had my Evo 4G for over a year, then my Evo 4G LTE for 8 months. I'm hoping to buck that trend with the Note II.

It can be a problem. Good thing you haven't started to switch carriers yet. That's when it gets really ridiculous.

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I too worry I will get bored...until I realize that there are so many things this phone can do that I haven't yet learned ! I'm still learning how to better use the S pen, and I'm loving it!!

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I too worry I will get bored...until I realize that there are so many things this phone can do that I haven't yet learned ! I'm still learning how to better use the S pen, and I'm loving it!!

There will always be devices that will catch your attention.

elvis1935

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I too hope I can make this phone last the hole two years. But for this moment I love my note 2 :)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I know the feeling OP.
I've done something similar by upgrading at every opportunity on my family plan.
However, after receiving the Note II, I don't feel like upgrading as much.
This phone really has all the features that I need and then some.
I don't feel like there is anything coming in the next year or 2 that will make me feel like upgrading.
Guess I will know next year with any new announcements.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I know the feeling OP.
I've done something similar by upgrading at every opportunity on my family plan.
However, after receiving the Note II, I don't feel like upgrading as much.
This phone really has all the features that I need and then some.
I don't feel like there is anything coming in the next year or 2 that will make me feel like upgrading.
Guess I will know next year with any new announcements.

The Note 3. It is supposed to have a 6.3 inch 1080p screen. That would definitely catch my attention.

blaze5

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I've only had my note 2 for a week and already know I won't be able to switch to a phone with a smaller screen when I switch it will probably be to the note 3 or 4 even my wife who is 5,3 said the same thing this device changes everything I usually switch phones every 6 Months this one is here to stay

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
OP, agree. I can say for sure, the iPhone has always been a step in step with the latest android devices. The note 2 just burries the i5. There is really nothing to compare. This phone is in a league of its own that mobile apple products can't touch. This phone gives me a war fuzzy feeling like the OG droid did. Not going back to anything less that 5.55 inches. I have two hands and I am going to use them, or kick the software into one hand mode....

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm starting to think that it would be difficult to switch to another smartphone that doesn't have an Spen. That may be the thing that stops me from switching phones this time. I just enjoy using it too much,

Tell me bout it lol

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus Rockin 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Lol feeling the same way. I don't think i've had 28 but I believe its a close second. I cant remember the last time I have kept a phone for a year. My wife also asks how many phones I need. But she encourages it sometimes. Smh helping me feed my addiction to phones lol.

AustinTech

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I think the Note 2 will be a valued part of the andriod line-up for quite a while (at least 2 years). It's absolutely an awesome beast of a phone with great specs. Also, if the Note 3 is going to be 6.3 inches, that's going to turn a lot of people off. Samsung is pushing the limit at 5.5 inches as it is. That would make the Note 2 a staple in most people's tech lives.I really wish I could have gotten used to the size, I'm a big dude and it looks right at home in my hand, but the little things were bothering me. Things like it not fitting in my car cupholder or car phone mount, and the difficultly of pulling it out of my pocket when sitting down.