Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ManBearPig618
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Jelly Bean

Default Launchers

I'm running Nova right now (as I prefer things a little more vanilla) but am tempted to try out Touchwiz for the stock widgets. Has anyone stuck with the Samsung provided launcher? Who else is using what?

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

Default Re: Launchers

I have, I messed around with some different launchers on the gs3 and some of the different texting apps, but I keep going back to toutchwiz. I finally have a phone that I have no urge to modify. Its so smooth and I almost never have any issues. Plus toutchwiz was designed with the large size of the phone in mind.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    Jelly Bean

I think I'm going to try it out. I just wish it could be modified a bit. Samsung seems to waste a lot of space with the screen indicators (the boxes showing you which home screen you are on) and I can't get used to the app drawer stuck all the way on the right.
    bigoldthor likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ManBearPig618 View Post
    I think I'm going to try it out. I just wish it could be modified a bit. Samsung seems to waste a lot of space with the screen indicators (the boxes showing you which home screen you are on) and I can't get used to the app drawer stuck all the way on the right.
    Exactly why I'm not using TW. If I could customize things even a little bit more, I'd stick with it.

All you're losing in Nova are TW widgets, with the full screen calendar widget being the only one worth keeping.

Meanwhile, Nova features easier folder creation, customizable rows and columns, and the ability to customize the long press menu key (I have it set to go straight to voice search instead of Google Now).

If you really like that calendar widget that's one thing. But if you don't even use it... Why are you still using TW?
    Last edited by Cobravision; 12-09-2012 at 05:14 PM.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

ROM
    Jelly Bean

Quote Originally Posted by Cobravision View Post
    All you're losing in Nova are TW widgets, with the full screen calendar widget being the only one worth keeping.

Meanwhile, Nova features easier folder creation, customizable rows and columns, and the ability to customize the long press menu key (I have it set to go straight to voice search instead of Google Now).

If you really like that calendar widget that's one thing. But if you don't even use it... Why are you still using TW?
    I actually really like Samsung's stock Weather widget. That thing is gorgeous, and nothing from Beautiful Widgets or HD Widgets even comes close. I completely agree with you about Nova's added functionality - it has me sticking with Nova right now. But TW is actually really snappy on this phone. It's just something I've been pondering.

6 rows and 5 columns alone is a reason to go Nova. Coupled with folders, I only use one other home screen (for the music widget).