When will the media and public's love affair with the iPhone end?

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm very aware of where they are in the app game. I should have been more clear in what I meant. Apple has a very polished developer platform for their apps which tends to make "most" of their apps a bit more finished and uniform. Like you said, they have a lengthy process which I think helps to ensure there is some consistency. I was just pointing out that because Apple has done a good job on their apps and app store that this is a plus for Apple. This doesn't mean in any way that Android doesn't have great alternatives and in many cases better options, but I think they will still be playing catch up for around another year.

I was generalizing in some ways regarding build quality. But overall I think we agree that Apple tries very hard to make well built products. Maybe even harder than everyone else.

I am hoping that Google or Samsung or anyone would get with it and develop a new and improved media share device. The Nexus Q appears to be that device, but there needs to be better stock software that can integrate better. I have a Samsung Smart TV and it shares "okay" with my SGS2, but still doesn't measure up to the way Apple TV works with their devices. IMO.

Fair enough good sir. All I want to see is Google TV flourish and for the goog to make an integrated app to use for multiple purposes such as sharing pics and vids, a remote, possibly an extension for media like say watching videos from Google play and seeing fun facts or bonus features on phone, just neat little things.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

sr2012

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
That may be true, but what was said was said because they meant it. Saying oops after slapping someone in the face doesn't change the fact that Apple got slapped.

Fair enough but I certainly want to see more details from Qualcomm about what exactly they don't like.

Sent from my LT26i using Android Central Forums

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Fair enough but I certainly want to see more details from Qualcomm about what exactly they don't like.

They were complaining about apple not wanting to pay fair licensing for moto's frand patents

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
?Of course, Apple?s premise of ?a willing licensee with a good-faith disagreement who wants nothing other than for a disinterested party to determine what terms are FRAND? is itself a sham and a pretext. At the recent proceedings before Judge Crabb in the Western District of Wisconsin, Apple?s ?willing licensee? mask fell off, when it absolutely refused?even at the cost of having its case dismissed?to commit to take a license to Motorola?s SEP portfolio on whatever terms the court might determine to be FRAND. Having literally walked away, minutes before trial, from an opportunity for an adjudication as to whether Motorola had offered FRAND terms to Apple, Apple should be embarrassed?but apparently is not?to demand that the Commission divest itself of jurisdiction unless and until a ?U.S. Court has determined [the relevant license terms] to be FRAND?.
If Apple is not a willing licensee, and in any event there is no risk of an exclusion order 8or injunction) shutting down a truly willing licensee, what is the real agenda? It is to shelter theunwilling licensee?the infringer that, like Apple, has no interest at all in paying market-validated royalty rates. It is to ensure that SEP infringers can only be called to account under rules, and in fora, in which they may gain yardage, but can never lose. [...]?

Read more at Qualcomm: Apple ‘Should Be Embarrassed’ By Its Patent Approach | Cult of Android

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Fair enough good sir. All I want to see is Google TV flourish and for the goog to make an integrated app to use for multiple purposes such as sharing pics and vids, a remote, possibly an extension for media like say watching videos from Google play and seeing fun facts or bonus features on phone, just neat little things.
Me too! This is a huge opportunity for Google to fill a much needed hole.

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Me too! This is a huge opportunity for Google to fill a much needed hole.

I think with android being much more refined now I think they have a good chance to give it another whirl. If they do it right and get the TVs out at different varied price points it could really take off.

Mikhailov

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I have to respond to this topic by saying that I am an Apple nut. I have a MacBook Pro, iPad mini, and iPhone 5. All my 3rd or 4th iteration (I sell and upgrade every year). I tried the S3 in July and hated it. Now after owning the 5 I feel I didn't give Android a fair shot as Apple's OS is great for computers and tablets but getting stale for phones. My opinion only and it's a weird one. I'm now back to these forums researching the Note 2. The mini and my Mac will always have a place in my heart but I can definitely see where Apple is getting stale for some. Android always had draw for me since Froyo and I think Jelly Bean is an amazing OS I can't wait to get my tinkering hands on. Finally! Android isn't a battery hog, which is always what kept me away. A friend of mine who is a bigger Apple nut than me got a Note 2 and isn't returning it! He loves the thing. Bottom line: you can be loyal to Apple and still enjoy competing products.

That said, with everything going on in my home state of Connecticut right now I think there are worse problems in the world than what phone and what manufacturer are the best.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I have to respond to this topic by saying that I am an Apple nut. I have a MacBook Pro, iPad mini, and iPhone 5. All my 3rd or 4th iteration (I sell and upgrade every year). I tried the S3 in July and hated it. Now after owning the 5 I feel I didn't give Android a fair shot as Apple's OS is great for computers and tablets but getting stale for phones. My opinion only and it's a weird one. I'm now back to these forums researching the Note 2. The mini and my Mac will always have a place in my heart but I can definitely see where Apple is getting stale for some. Android always had draw for me since Froyo and I think Jelly Bean is an amazing OS I can't wait to get my tinkering hands on. Finally! Android isn't a battery hog, which is always what kept me away. A friend of mine who is a bigger Apple nut than me got a Note 2 and isn't returning it! He loves the thing. Bottom line: you can be loyal to Apple and still enjoy competing products.

That said, with everything going on in my home state of Connecticut right now I think there are worse problems in the world than what phone and what manufacturer are the best.
Really sorry to hear all this news today. There is no winning in this terrible tragedy.

I like your open mind with devices. There are plenty of people on this forum that are. I have both Mac's and PC's in my office and it has been great to see how they are able to talk to each other over the years. It sounds like you are looking to Android another try. My suggestion would be to look at the new Nexus 4 rather than the Note 2. I only say this as you have tried the S3 and didn't like it. The Note 2 is different, but is still a Samsung product with similar features to the S3. The Nexus is pure Google and will get all the timely updates that you are used to getting from iOS. You will be able to get the maximum power out of the hardware without any added bloatware. The screen is also an IPS LCD which is the same tech as the iPhone.

This is of course just my feedback based on your comments. The Note 2 is an amazing phone but I would take a look at the Nexus. You can only buy it outright as it is not being carried by many carriers (T-Mobile), but at $349 it's a bargain of bargains.

Mikhailov

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I can't take my eyes off the local news. Totally devastating. Hard to believe someone would be this sick.

I actually was looking into the Nexus as well. It's pretty cheap for an out of contract phone. I like that the Note offers removable storage and a bigger screen though. You've definitely given me food for thought though. :)

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I can't take my eyes off the local news. Totally devastating. Hard to believe someone would be this sick.
I actually was looking into the Nexus as well. It's pretty cheap for an out of contract phone. I like that the Note offers removable storage and a bigger screen though. You've definitely given me food for thought though. :)
Ya the removable battery & SD card are definite pluses. The screen is massive on the Note 2. Maybe a bit big for my tastes in a phone, but still pretty incredible. The S pen also has some great applications. Maybe you will find someone who has a Nexus 4 so you can try it out before making a decision. That always helps.

reichmesk

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
the Iphone is a piece of crap compared to the Android if you don't like Andriod fine many people don't like the over priced Iphone that is always behind in the times

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
the Iphone is a piece of crap compared to the Android if you don't like Andriod fine many people don't like the over priced Iphone that is always behind in the times

This gents is what an undereducated fanboy looks like. Do I like apples products no but do I see their appeal yes.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
To say that iPhones are a piece of crap is naive. We love our Android but there are many things that iPhones do well. Throwing out these kinds of comments doesn't help the discussion.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

The Real X Dawg

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site

This is so true! I can't believe anyone would buy that iCrap.

=.= Okay seriously, who in the hell left the fanboy gate open?

Sent from my Jelly Bean chomping Infuse 4G!

Mikhailov

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site

It's not a piece a crap. For what it does, it does really well. It's a reliable, well built piece of tech that does what a lot of people buy it for and lasts a long time if people want it to.

That said, the Note 2, Galaxy S3, and Nexus 4 are also reliable, well built pieces of tech that also does what people buy it for.

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Yeah but lime the iPhone, the N4 only gets you so far and is not a very complete experience.

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

I think the n4 is an impressive device the omitted features were in line with googles claimed standards. The only issue I had was internal storage I would have liked it to be higher

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
No so much picking on the hardware outside the storage and maybe the removable battery. Aosp is overrated.

There was a time when skins were very detrimental to a device. Bogged them down with very little added. Now it is sorta turned. Skins add just bulk to the OS, but doesn't slow them a bit and adds tons to the overall android experience.

The legend of aosp being the way to go if you want a smooth android powered device is long in the past (in electronic years.. Lol).

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Yeah but lime the iPhone, the N4 only gets you so far and is not a very complete experience.

I'm confused by this post. How is the Nexus 4 limited? You can still add launchers and custom ROM's etc, plus get immediate updates.

What would be your choice instead?

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Smart stay? Better camera app altogether. Pick any one of the 50 or so improvements on the sgs3. You are going to dismiss them as gimmicks, but not to me. Or you might say there is an app, why look for it and have to buy something that is already there? Why be limited to 16gb only? There are a hundred reasons why the SGS3 or the note 2 are superior to the n4.

Oh and mine doesn't buzz or shatter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca