When will the media and public's love affair with the iPhone end?

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Smart people dont make sweeping generalizations. Fanbois do. Thanks for clearing that up. :)
Come and sit in my office for 5 years. I will show you 1 out of 10 Mac users that know nothing about their computers besides what their programs do. I'm not trying to be a fanboy here. It's reality. It this was not the case I would be very happy as my business would be much efficient.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
We Gotta do what we gotta do. It's all good.
That may be your opinion sir but I can't take my 360 everywhere. If I could afford the laptop conversion I would. Until then my phone and a ps3 controller will have to do.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I have only met a few tech savvy people who preferred Apple devices. In general, they are just too locked down for people who like to tinker.

I am no fan of Windows, but I can't take the locked down environment of Apple, either.
There is no perfect system. Windows certainly has it's issues, but Apple is very limited in day to day tasks when it comes to an office environment.

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
Come and sit in my office for 5 years. I will show you 1 out of 10 Mac users that know nothing about their computers besides what their programs do. I'm not trying to be a fanboy here. It's reality. It this was not the case I would be very happy as my business would be much efficient.

I hear ya..... however I've been/worked in offices with only PC users.... guess what, many were clueless too.

When it comes to computers... stupidity knows no OS boundaries.

Cheers.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I hear ya..... however I've been/worked in offices with only PC users.... guess what, many were clueless too.

When it comes to computers... stupidity knows no OS boundaries.

Cheers.
Ha ha. Okay you got me there. But in my industry there tends to be more nerds so it is more frustrating when the Mac user is asked something 90% of PC users would know and they are dumbfounded.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
For what it is worth, I know this is a heated discussion and all, but I just want to say how much I appreciate the frank comments and the honest opinions that are shared with everyone on AC!!! Cheers to all and a Happy New Year.

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
For what it is worth, I know this is a heated discussion and all, but I just want to say how much I appreciate the frank comments and the honest opinions that are shared with everyone on AC!!! Cheers to all and a Happy New Year.

Same to you, our conversations have been fun.

Persill

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
That may be your opinion sir but I can't take my 360 everywhere. If I could afford the laptop conversion I would. Until then my phone and a ps3 controller will have to do.

I'm always willing to give it another shot! Connecting a PS3 controller sounds interesting, What are some good games your playing?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm always willing to give it another shot! Connecting a PS3 controller sounds interesting, What are some good games your playing?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

I actually have a ps1 emulator so any old games you enjoy on that. I also have an n64 emulator. I grabbed gta3 which is extremely controller friendly. Attached is my list of games.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1356921957322.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356921957322.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 41

WannaBeYou

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
it is more frustrating when the Mac user is asked something 90% of PC users would know and they are dumbfounded.
A younger relative of mine switched to a Mac and I told her I wouldn't be able to help her with it since I am not willing to spend the time to learn the Mac OS so she needed to learn it. Then her computer was running really slow and I told her to see what was running and kill any processes or applications that might be causing the problem. I told her in Windows you hit CTRL-ALT-DEL and pull up the Task Manager and to do whatever the equivalent of that was in the Mac OS. She had no clue.

I know, this is just one story, but I can tell you more like it. I do know a few techies who use Macs but most prefer Windows or Linux. Everyone else I know who uses a Mac uses it because they don't want to have to understand how a computer works.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
A younger relative of mine switched to a Mac and I told her I wouldn't be able to help her with it since I am not willing to spend the time to learn the Mac OS so she needed to learn it. Then her computer was running really slow and I told her to see what was running and kill any processes or applications that might be causing the problem. I told her in Windows you hit CTRL-ALT-DEL and pull up the Task Manager and to do whatever the equivalent of that was in the Mac OS. She had no clue.

I know, this is just one story, but I can tell you more like it. I do know a few techies who use Macs but most prefer Windows or Linux. Everyone else I know who uses a Mac uses it because they don't want to have to understand how a computer works.
Exactly. I find the same to be true with iPad users. It apparently "Just works" yet they are lined up out my door come Spring Break when they need to get on a plane and be able to watch a movie on it.

zapfrog

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Well let's see the base 27" iMac is 1799 on apple.com and I just "built" the same pc on Newegg using good hardware and it comes in around just under 1200 so thats a 600 dollar difference. Granted it's a separate monitor and tower configuration and doesn't have the all in one ultra thin aspect. But still the 600+ dollar difference remains.

sr2012

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

Applications: Activity Monitor on Mac : )

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
My note officially feels like a normal sized phone, granted that's without my other box defender yet but hey, at least I still have that screen. :D

Sent from my Behemoth of a phone, the Galaxy Note 2 :D

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Being am engineer at an an engineering school, I am noticing that electrical and computer guys these days have both. A pc that they do all their work and gaming on, and a mac they carry around for casual stuff.

Me personally, I would rather shoot myself in the foot than spend the unreasonable amount of money on an o's with an unreasonable amount annoyances like osx has. And I can say that be cause I edited video and other media tasks on one for 2 years as a job. It's where my hatred began.

Plus I just spent a lot money building a windows 7 system ;-)

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia