Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree400Likes

Default Re: When will the media and public's love affair with the iPhone end?

the Iphone is a piece of crap compared to the Android if you don't like Andriod fine many people don't like the over priced Iphone that is always behind in the times

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by reichmesk View Post
    the Iphone is a piece of crap compared to the Android if you don't like Andriod fine many people don't like the over priced Iphone that is always behind in the times
    This gents is what an undereducated fanboy looks like. Do I like apples products no but do I see their appeal yes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by 3:
    badbrad17 and xlDeMoNiClx like this.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

To say that iPhones are a piece of crap is naive. We love our Android but there are many things that iPhones do well. Throwing out these kinds of comments doesn't help the discussion.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
    Thanked by:

ROM
    ViperOne

This is so true! I can't believe anyone would buy that iCrap.

=.= Okay seriously, who in the hell left the fanboy gate open?

Sent from my Jelly Bean chomping Infuse 4G!
    badbrad17 likes this.

Default When will the media and public's love affair with the iPhone end?

It's not a piece a crap. For what it does, it does really well. It's a reliable, well built piece of tech that does what a lot of people buy it for and lasts a long time if people want it to.

That said, the Note 2, Galaxy S3, and Nexus 4 are also reliable, well built pieces of tech that also does what people buy it for.
    Thanked by:
    badbrad17 likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Yeah but lime the iPhone, the N4 only gets you so far and is not a very complete experience.

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    Yeah but lime the iPhone, the N4 only gets you so far and is not a very complete experience.

I think the n4 is an impressive device the omitted features were in line with googles claimed standards. The only issue I had was internal storage I would have liked it to be higher

Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

No so much picking on the hardware outside the storage and maybe the removable battery. Aosp is overrated.

There was a time when skins were very detrimental to a device. Bogged them down with very little added. Now it is sorta turned. Skins add just bulk to the OS, but doesn't slow them a bit and adds tons to the overall android experience.

The legend of aosp being the way to go if you want a smooth android powered device is long in the past (in electronic years.. Lol).

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

I'm confused by this post. How is the Nexus 4 limited? You can still add launchers and custom ROMs etc, plus get immediate updates.

What would be your choice instead?

Android Evangelist
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Smart stay? Better camera app altogether. Pick any one of the 50 or so improvements on the sgs3. You are going to dismiss them as gimmicks, but not to me. Or you might say there is an app, why look for it and have to buy something that is already there? Why be limited to 16gb only? There are a hundred reasons why the SGS3 or the note 2 are superior to the n4.

Oh and mine doesn't buzz or shatter.

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

I'm curious as to what these 50 or so improvements are? I have run jb both samsungs and aosp and I personally aosp is the way to go I prefer simple easy design over the crowded overly busy feeling of tw ux there wasn't anything samsungs firmware did better or worse than aosp so I really am asking.

Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

I will take the time later to list them if you want, but aosp is what you want if like the uncluttered part.

I just think the gs like the camera improvements, the plethora of smart options, and added features make it a more rounded experience for the consumer and shows some more polish. I know tw is ugly, but that is the only strike against it.

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

Androids needs apple so I for one want people to overpay for Iphones competition is good I don't hate apple as a brand I own a macbook pro and ipad 3 I understand the allure to them so I doubt the love will ever go away
    Thanked by:
    Ry likes this.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Smart stay? Better camera app altogether. Pick any one of the 50 or so improvements on the sgs3. You are going to dismiss them as gimmicks, but not to me. Or you might say there is an app, why look for it and have to buy something that is already there? Why be limited to 16gb only? There are a hundred reasons why the SGS3 or the note 2 are superior to the n4.

Oh and mine doesn't buzz or shatter.

Okay. Point taken. That's your choice and a fine one at that. I wanted an IPS display and the immediate updates and to be off contract. So each to their own. But I respect your decision.

Android Evangelist
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Prior to contrary belief, I hate on the phone a lot, but not pee who buy it. This goes for every phone, you buy what suits you, does what you want and f everyone else.

To take it a step further, if the nexus was a 32 or 64 gb phone with a removable battery or a 16 with an sdcard slot, I would barely bash it. But combine those deficiencies with iNexus users and I slam away.

Apparently your device lost its punctuation keys.

Please find them kaithxbai

Flowed from mah heart using SwiftKey Flow Beta from the Galaxy S3, jellybean style

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Prior to contrary belief, I hate on the phone a lot, but not pee who buy it. This goes for every phone, you buy what suits you, does what you want and f everyone else.

To take it a step further, if the nexus was a 32 or 64 gb phone with a removable battery or a 16 with an sdcard slot, I would barely bash it. But combine those deficiencies with iNexus users and I slam away.

Well I'm glad you got your choice and I got mine. If we were iphone users the options would be much different.

Android Evangelist
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Yeah... Take it or leave it... Lol

Thanked by:
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,204 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    I will let the real news speak for itself.
    I've been in the camp that believed that shares of Apple were ridiculously high. I'd actually expect Apple to level off in the 400s.

Apple shares were down 3.6 percent at $510.55 on the Nasdaq on Friday afternoon. The stock has lost a quarter of its value since hitting a high of $705.07 on September 21, as it faces increasing competition from phones using Google Inc's Android operating system.
    Relative the current landscape, I'm not too concerned about a drop in Apple's stock price. Way too early to hit the panic button, IMO.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    I've been in the camp that believed that shares of Apple were ridiculously high. I'd actually expect Apple to level off in the 400s.

Relative the current landscape, I'm not too concerned about a drop in Apple's stock price. Way too early to hit the panic button, IMO.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    Honestly I will be seriously choked if Apple doesn't continue to do well. They annoy me on the ethics front, but they are still a critical part of pushing ahead. I also want Windows Phone and RIM to take back a bit of the pie to keep Google honest. It may be one reason they are opting out of integration with WP8.

Android Evangelist

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by nrm5110 View Post
    Fair enough good sir. All I want to see is Google TV flourish and for the goog to make an integrated app to use for multiple purposes such as sharing pics and vids, a remote, possibly an extension for media like say watching videos from Google play and seeing fun facts or bonus features on phone, just neat little things.

Maybe some hope from Samsung but let's hope they don't wall their garden

Android Evangelist

I'm just strangely in love with Android nowadays.

Sent from my LT26i using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    ROM
    Samung Ics Indonesia

I An Official Android Fanboy

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Android Central Forums
    I Jiraiya. The Epitome of Manliness.

IMO, itunes is a stinking pile of dog doo. I've used it over the years as I was silly enough to have purchased a bunch of various models of Apple's music players. One version of itunes, LITERALLY nearly caused me to have to reinstall Windows (this happened roughly 4-5 years ago, IIRC). It was an especially bad release, that was quickly replaced with an update. I HATE iTunes. It's slow and bloated. Why people rave about Apple's iPhone, Touch, and iTunes is so far beyond me, that no amount of explaining will convince me that I'm "wrong" and they are "right". Geez, the iPhone STILL has a tiny screen.
    Samsung Note 2

Quote Originally Posted by dave1812 View Post
    Why people rave about Apple's iPhone, Touch, and iTunes is so far beyond me, that no amount of explaining will convince me that I'm "wrong" and they are "right".
    Well that explains it then. Its a religion for you not an intelectual exercise.
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast