Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree400Likes

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

Default Re: When will the media and public's love affair with the iPhone end?

Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    Merry Christmas to you!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Merry Christmas as well good sir.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:

The question is:"When will the media and public's love affair with the iPhone end?"
    The answer is: "When the android users stop loving it and talking about it."
    "I stopped using iPhone because it was sooooo boring." "Better than that piece of crap iPhone." "They're just iSheep." "Sure, iPhone is easier and it works, but you can do soooo much more with android."
    I use an iPhone 4 and came to this forum to get info on the Note 2, which I think is an excellent phone. It's difficult to read over 3 mintues without seeing iPhone mentioned. If it was mentioned intellegently, it would be a good thing. Also sentences like "best phone ever", "I love my phone", "it doesn't do this, this and this the way I want it to...but it's still the best phone in history." None of that helps a person thinking about switching. You need to trump up your product to sell it. If you cut the competition down to try to make yours look good, you come off as a know-nothing-brainless-fanboy.
    I'd like to hear about how things work that are important to a phone user. Call quality, text messaging, sending sms, wifi and bluetooth stability. If you have cute animated wallpaper, wonderful. That won't convert anyone over 15. Bart Simson farts for your ringtone? OK, now I'll dump the stupid locked in iPhone. I'm sure you get my drift. You guys NEVER stop talking about iPhone.
    Now that that's out of the way, I plan to go to Best Buy tomorrow and pick up a Note 2 while it's on sale for $50 off.
    Thanked by 4:

Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    I like the quick ones you can play without wiggling around. Tower Defense, solitaire, puzzle games.
    Have you tried "Triple Town"?
    badbrad17 likes this.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by MrMLK View Post
    Have you tried "Triple Town"?
    I have. I really like that crazy game.

Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by mikeraba View Post
    The question is:"When will the media and public's love affair with the iPhone end?"
    The answer is: "When the android users stop loving it and talking about it."
    "I stopped using iPhone because it was sooooo boring." "Better than that piece of crap iPhone." "They're just iSheep." "Sure, iPhone is easier and it works, but you can do soooo much more with android."
    I use an iPhone 4 and came to this forum to get info on the Note 2, which I think is an excellent phone. It's difficult to read over 3 mintues without seeing iPhone mentioned. If it was mentioned intellegently, it would be a good thing. Also sentences like "best phone ever", "I love my phone", "it doesn't do this, this and this the way I want it to...but it's still the best phone in history." None of that helps a person thinking about switching. You need to trump up your product to sell it. If you cut the competition down to try to make yours look good, you come off as a know-nothing-brainless-fanboy.
    I'd like to hear about how things work that are important to a phone user. Call quality, text messaging, sending sms, wifi and bluetooth stability. If you have cute animated wallpaper, wonderful. That won't convert anyone over 15. Bart Simson farts for your ringtone? OK, now I'll dump the stupid locked in iPhone. I'm sure you get my drift. You guys NEVER stop talking about iPhone.
    Now that that's out of the way, I plan to go to Best Buy tomorrow and pick up a Note 2 while it's on sale for $50 off.
    One of the best features of an Android device is how it integrates into your life. You can share and save your files, posts, images, documents, ebooks and much more without having compatibility issues. Android supports more apps and file types, allows more flexibility in customization and let's you incorporate new technology faster. You get a myriad of choices in hardware and software for less money.

Is it perfect yet? Nope. Are we still trying to spread the gospel of Android to the masses? Yup. Does that mean we have to mention the competition in order to validate why we chose Android? Absolutely. Can it get out of hand sometimes? Definitely. :thumbup:

Android Evangelist
    Thanked by:

You guys NEVER stop talking about iPhone.
    The majority of posters here never mention the iPhone unless directly asked about it in a thread like this. There are some posters who are fixated on the iPhone, but they are the small minority of posters here.

I don't have an iPhone but I do recommend it to anyone elderly or otherwise lacking in tech skills because it is much easier to learn and is more ***** proof.

I never considered an iPhone because it was not a 4G LTE device when I moved to a smartphone. Now it is, but after having my GNex for a year, I will never own a phone without an unlockable bootloader.
    Thanked by:
    jleliekelly likes this.

...I'd like to hear about how things work that are important to a phone user. Call quality, text messaging, sending sms, wifi and bluetooth stability. If you have cute animated wallpaper, wonderful. That won't convert anyone over 15. Bart Simson farts for your ringtone? ......Now that that's out of the way, I plan to go to Best Buy tomorrow and pick up a Note 2 while it's on sale for $50 off.
    Don't underestimate the joy of hearing Bart Simpson Fart as your ringtone, u may THINK its not a big deal but once you have it you'll never want to have an ordinary ring again....lol

Seriously, i am NOT an i-phone (or an "anything" basher for that matter, its a big planet, more than enuf room for more than ONE great phone) but i can promise you that DAILY for prolly the next 3 months you will be amazed at all the things you can do with ur Note 2.

I've liked Android since inception, but in all honesty, it has had many quirks over the years. I think i can honestly say with Jellybean the quirks and shortcomings it had are about 98% gone, and the experience (for anyone with an OPEN mind) is on par (and i personally think) exceeds anything Apple has out at this time....

And with Touchwiz (NEVER thought i'd say that but it has GREAT features this time around) size, speed, screen & stylus of the Note 2 definitely puts it wayyyy out of any Android phone as well...

BTC
    Lost In LG Optimus G Pro Heaven, Lvg A Msg, Maybe I'll Call...(doubt it ) lol

ROM
    Stock

Sammy did things right with the note 2. Love it so far. Switched out launchers and using nova instead cause idr like touch wiz.

Sent from my behemoth of a phone,the Galaxy Note II
    /
    D:
    \

Quote Originally Posted by SenseMonkey View Post
    Sammy did things right with the note 2. Love it so far. Switched out launchers and using nova instead cause idr like touch wiz.

/
    D:
    \

Behemoth? My Note 2 is "normal" sized. All the other phones are tiny.
    Samsung Note 2
    TomsAndroid likes this.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by dave1812 View Post
    For me too, I know im going to get the "that's a big *** phone " once I go back to my classes next month lol. I like it , great size

/
    D:
    \

For me too, I know im going to get the "that's a big *** phone " once I go back to my classes next month lol. I like it , great size

/
    D:
    \
    People seem to forget that the Note 2 is part tablet. Lol

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    TomsAndroid likes this.

Global Posts
    10,396 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Quote Originally Posted by dave1812 View Post
    That is how I feel about it. Next to my nexus 7, or as apple calls it, a mini tablet, it is just a good sized phone/device.

ROM
    Stock

When I'm outside wearing gloves I love using the stylus to do anything on my note.

/
    D:
    \
    Reaper69 likes this.

Hopefully soon...Apple is crazy good at marketing! Comparing the iPhone 5 to the S3 there is no contest...

Sent from my S3 on ACS
    Sent from my S3

It will stop when people finally realize that "more expensive does not always = better" and not before then.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by nolittdroid View Post
    Hopefully soon...Apple is crazy good at marketing! Comparing the iPhone 5 to the S3 there is no contest...

Sent from my S3 on ACS
    Samsung has hired the marketing team that has worked with Nike to completely overhaul their image and brand. Look for more marketing push this year.
    http://m.androidcentral.com/major-sa...ipped-ces-2013

Android Evangelist
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,174 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nolittdroid View Post

Sent from my S3 on ACS
    Marketing: Why Samsung is Winning

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Global Posts
    10,396 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

When I'm outside wearing gloves I love using the stylus to do anything on my note.

/
    D:
    \
    the sheep keep slamming/raising marketing, and this and that, but this here sir would make for a epic eskimo comercial:-) What about a vodka ice bar to boot. To hell with the mass.
    Thanked by 3:
    Jussumguy88 and Reaper69 like this.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    Marketing: Why Samsung is Winning

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Wow. Nice find. That is something. Huge numbers. I'd like to see where HTC, Motorola and Sony are in that chart.

Android Evangelist

Default When will the media and public's love affair with the iPhone end?

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    Are you saying that it's over when everyone dumps the iPhone? Android already has the marketshare.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    Actually iphone does not Android.

Sent from my New iPad using Tapatalk HD

Default When will the media and public's love affair with the iPhone end?

Quote Originally Posted by WannaBeYou View Post
    Yes, for example the mere fact that Macs cost more than PCs attracts a lot of people. They assume that because something costs more it must be better. That and the fact that they are ***** proof (world is filled with idiots). But of course making them ***** proof means you lose flexibility but the people who like iPhones wouldn't know how to take advantage of the flexibility anyhow if it required any reading or even anything more than just tapping around on the touchscreen.

The only thing that is a true attraction for the iPhone is the number of accessories, like cases, that are available. With so many different android phones on the market, it is too low volume for many accessory manufacturers to enter the market. They need volume sales to up their profit margin. Apple, by keeping to 1 release of an iPhone a year, makes it more profitable for the accessory manufacturers.
    That use to be true but macs and pcs cost the same today with the same options.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Kearns View Post
    It will stop when people finally realize that "more expensive does not always = better" and not before then.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    If that's the case, then my new Galaxy Note 2 is a lesser phone that the iPhone 5 since it cost more. Iphone was on sale for $150...my Note 2 was on sale for $250

There is definitely an unfair bias in favor of the iPhone in this country. It's really sickening and all I can say is Apple has a hitler-like marketing team and they are able to successfully brainwash their current loyal customers and many potential future customers. People may say I crossed a line with a comment like that but if you look at media across the board, the iPhone and App Store names are always mentioned first when it comes to smartphones and apps these days. Not to mention an unfair bias towards app creation. More App developers cater to Apple than Android. Why?! It's a friggin conspiracy if you ask me. I don't care what Apple makes or how the iPhone is designed I'll never buy into their ecosystem. The only thing I ever did was the iPod years ago and that didn't turn out well. I don't use it anymore and it's nothing but a paperweight.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727
    Nexus 4 (Feb 2013 - Present)
    Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket (2011-2013)
    Verizon OG Droid (2009 - 2011)
    ASUS Transformer Pad TF300 (May 2012 - Present)

I currently have the i5. I just bought the Note 2. Why? I like the i5, think it looks good, it's well made, is better than the i4 I had but! it's the same old i4 but faster with a larger screen. Nothing impresses me in iOS6. My i4 was always jailbroken and this is why I loved it so much because my phone was open for customization. Now that there's no JB for i5 on iOS6 in sight the phones boring. I used to be on my i4 everyday! Even if I had nothing to do I'd always be looking for tweaks etc. Now I can't do this. I bought a 15 voucher for the App Store and still have 8 odd left. I've pretty much had this voucher since the release of the i5 in October. That shows you how much I've used it. After looking at Android, even though I didn't like it to begin with, it's actually better. I think it still has room with improvement but I believe it's now at the point where it's close to matching iOS and perhaps even matching and exceeding it - I've still to learn more about Android. Complete freedom. I can play MKV files and a whole load of other formats on the Note 2. On the i5 I need to convert everything to MP4. I was under the impression with the new i5 that there were amazing changes and how great it will be for me to have. I was wrong and I must confess this to everyone that I argued with that this was better than their crappy android phones. Please forgive me lol. (Not that any of you will be on this forum).

I can't wait for my Note 2 to be delivered
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Quote Originally Posted by nizmoz View Post
    That use to be true but macs and pcs cost the same today with the same options.

Haha how bout no. I can get a top notch laptop with win8 for 500. Those macs I saw was about a stack(1000) dollars. No thank you

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617 ... LastLast