When will the media and public's love affair with the iPhone end?

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm curious as to what these 50 or so improvements are? I have run jb both samsungs and aosp and I personally aosp is the way to go I prefer simple easy design over the crowded overly busy feeling of tw ux there wasn't anything samsungs firmware did better or worse than aosp so I really am asking.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I will take the time later to list them if you want, but aosp is what you want if like the uncluttered part.

I just think the gs like the camera improvements, the plethora of smart options, and added features make it a more rounded experience for the consumer and shows some more polish. I know tw is ugly, but that is the only strike against it.

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

blaze5

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Androids needs apple so I for one want people to overpay for Iphones competition is good I don't hate apple as a brand I own a macbook pro and ipad 3 I understand the allure to them so I doubt the love will ever go away

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Smart stay? Better camera app altogether. Pick any one of the 50 or so improvements on the sgs3. You are going to dismiss them as gimmicks, but not to me. Or you might say there is an app, why look for it and have to buy something that is already there? Why be limited to 16gb only? There are a hundred reasons why the SGS3 or the note 2 are superior to the n4.

Oh and mine doesn't buzz or shatter.

Okay. Point taken. That's your choice and a fine one at that. I wanted an IPS display and the immediate updates and to be off contract. So each to their own. But I respect your decision.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Prior to contrary belief, I hate on the phone a lot, but not pee who buy it. This goes for every phone, you buy what suits you, does what you want and f everyone else.

To take it a step further, if the nexus was a 32 or 64 gb phone with a removable battery or a 16 with an sdcard slot, I would barely bash it. But combine those deficiencies with iNexus users and I slam away.

reeneebob

Banned
Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
the Iphone is a piece of crap compared to the Android if you don't like Andriod fine many people don't like the over priced Iphone that is always behind in the times

Apparently your device lost its punctuation keys.

Please find them kaithxbai

Flowed from mah heart using SwiftKey Flow Beta from the Galaxy S3, jellybean style

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Prior to contrary belief, I hate on the phone a lot, but not pee who buy it. This goes for every phone, you buy what suits you, does what you want and f everyone else.

To take it a step further, if the nexus was a 32 or 64 gb phone with a removable battery or a 16 with an sdcard slot, I would barely bash it. But combine those deficiencies with iNexus users and I slam away.

Well I'm glad you got your choice and I got mine. If we were iphone users the options would be much different.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

I've been in the camp that believed that shares of Apple were ridiculously high. I'd actually expect Apple to level off in the 400s.

Apple shares were down 3.6 percent at $510.55 on the Nasdaq on Friday afternoon. The stock has lost a quarter of its value since hitting a high of $705.07 on September 21, as it faces increasing competition from phones using Google Inc's Android operating system.

Relative the current landscape, I'm not too concerned about a drop in Apple's stock price. Way too early to hit the panic button, IMO.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I've been in the camp that believed that shares of Apple were ridiculously high. I'd actually expect Apple to level off in the 400s.

Relative the current landscape, I'm not too concerned about a drop in Apple's stock price. Way too early to hit the panic button, IMO.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
Honestly I will be seriously choked if Apple doesn't continue to do well. They annoy me on the ethics front, but they are still a critical part of pushing ahead. I also want Windows Phone and RIM to take back a bit of the pie to keep Google honest. It may be one reason they are opting out of integration with WP8.
http://www.engadget.com/2012/12/14/editorial-windows-phone-future-without-google/

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Fair enough good sir. All I want to see is Google TV flourish and for the goog to make an integrated app to use for multiple purposes such as sharing pics and vids, a remote, possibly an extension for media like say watching videos from Google play and seeing fun facts or bonus features on phone, just neat little things.

Maybe some hope from Samsung but let's hope they don't wall their garden http://www.engadget.com/2012/12/13/samsung-strategy-chief-our-devices-need-to-work-better-together/

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
IMO, itunes is a stinking pile of dog doo. I've used it over the years as I was silly enough to have purchased a bunch of various models of Apple's music players. One version of itunes, LITERALLY nearly caused me to have to reinstall Windows (this happened roughly 4-5 years ago, IIRC). It was an especially bad release, that was quickly replaced with an update. I HATE iTunes. It's slow and bloated. Why people rave about Apple's iPhone, Touch, and iTunes is so far beyond me, that no amount of explaining will convince me that I'm "wrong" and they are "right". Geez, the iPhone STILL has a tiny screen.

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Why people rave about Apple's iPhone, Touch, and iTunes is so far beyond me, that no amount of explaining will convince me that I'm "wrong" and they are "right".

Well that explains it then. Its a religion for you not an intelectual exercise.

K4Y

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
I have been using iphone's for a long time and just bought the samsung note 2 firstly i am no fanboy of any company nor will i ever be. I also have a macbook pro and a gaming pc. Now i like apples iso because its simple to use and just about anyone can use it. Now with android its open like windows and you can do so much stuff with it. But there are more apps for iso then android. They are both great os like how mac and windows are great. It depends what you want from a device or computer. I got the samsung note 2 because of the big screen and you can do so much other stuff like have widgets etc. People of both sides just complain the other is better because they only have that one or they are just like a sheep lol. Any way you will not know what is better for anyone else apart from your self because we are all different and we all like different stuffs. I really don't get why we have these kinds of threads. Its not helping no one but only causing problems

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
IMO, itunes is a stinking pile of dog doo. I've used it over the years as I was silly enough to have purchased a bunch of various models of Apple's music players. One version of itunes, LITERALLY nearly caused me to have to reinstall Windows (this happened roughly 4-5 years ago, IIRC). It was an especially bad release, that was quickly replaced with an update. I HATE iTunes. It's slow and bloated. Why people rave about Apple's iPhone, Touch, and iTunes is so far beyond me, that no amount of explaining will convince me that I'm "wrong" and they are "right". Geez, the iPhone STILL has a tiny screen.

Lol I can't stand iTunes either haha piece of crap always slowed my PC down

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus Rockin 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I have been using iphone's for a long time and just bought the samsung note 2 firstly i am no fanboy of any company nor will i ever be. I also have a macbook pro and a gaming pc. Now i like apples iso because its simple to use and just about anyone can use it. Now with android its open like windows and you can do so much stuff with it. But there are more apps for iso then android. They are both great os like how mac and windows are great. It depends what you want from a device or computer. I got the samsung note 2 because of the big screen and you can do so much other stuff like have widgets etc. People of both sides just complain the other is better because they only have that one or they are just like a sheep lol. Any way you will not know what is better for anyone else apart from your self because we are all different and we all like different stuffs. I really don't get why we have these kinds of threads. Its not helping no one but only causing problems

First windows is not open it just is more heavily supported in the PC market.

Second iOS does not have more apps than android anymore. You could make a quality claim but as far as sheer number android is now neck and neck.

sr2012

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

People need a "team" sometimes to feel good.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I actually don't mind iTunes as a player. I've also used it for years and remember some of the bad releases but there are some things I do like about it and have used it as my daily player for years. I've tried many other players and just never found them to be as good. It could also be that I have a very fast computer so I don't notice the problems with lag etc anymore.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiaara