When will the media and public's love affair with the iPhone end?

sr2012

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
This is my first and possibility last iphone. I can't out into words how restricted it is. Don't get me wrong for people who just text, talk and browse its good for that it the phone is if you want more.

For instance all my droids were slow phones, evo design, evo 4g galaxy nexus that some pink kid scammed me out of cuz the esn was bad so I couldn't use it. These phones had heavy lag and was annoying but the multitasking in android is very good. My favorite app was tube mate which allows me to dl YouTube videos and I could leave the app and the download would run on the background while I do something else but on iOS I can't do that, I have to pay for the same type of apps but its not a true download more like a cache so it's stored where I can't retrieve it but if I leave the app the download starts all over again.

The music app for iPhone doesn't display in the pull down notification so when I want to change songs I have to reenter the app of double click to bring up the list of lastly used apps.

Trust me its annoying and I'm thinking of selling and getting a galaxy nexus.

Dude that's why a few weeks ago I took my XperiaS out from the drawer, put Android 4.0 on it and it's a totally different phone. Not as good as can be but good enough to replace my iPhone5 which I only have for testing now.

Just get a decent Android phone and MAKE SURE it has at least 4.1 on it and you'll be fine.

The Samsung tablets are okay but super laggy if they are still on 4.0. Nexus 7 on 4.2 is very much improved. So expect a chaotic but good year for Android next year.

Sent from my LT26i using Android Central Forums

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
This is my first and possibility last iphone. I can't out into words how restricted it is. Don't get me wrong for people who just text, talk and browse its good for that it the phone is if you want more.

For instance all my droids were slow phones, evo design, evo 4g galaxy nexus that some pink kid scammed me out of cuz the esn was bad so I couldn't use it. These phones had heavy lag and was annoying but the multitasking in android is very good. My favorite app was tube mate which allows me to dl YouTube videos and I could leave the app and the download would run on the background while I do something else but on iOS I can't do that, I have to pay for the same type of apps but its not a true download more like a cache so it's stored where I can't retrieve it but if I leave the app the download starts all over again.

The music app for iPhone doesn't display in the pull down notification so when I want to change songs I have to reenter the app of double click to bring up the list of lastly used apps.

Trust me its annoying and I'm thinking of selling and getting a galaxy nexus.

Double click the home button swipe to the right and you'll have music controls, also if you double click on the home button while on the lock screen it gives you music controls.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

WannaBeYou

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Sadly, for all too many people its a status thing. They don't have a clue what they are talking about, but a favourite celebrity or such has an iPhone...
Yes, for example the mere fact that Macs cost more than PCs attracts a lot of people. They assume that because something costs more it must be better. That and the fact that they are idiot proof (world is filled with idiots). But of course making them idiot proof means you lose flexibility but the people who like iPhones wouldn't know how to take advantage of the flexibility anyhow if it required any reading or even anything more than just tapping around on the touchscreen.

The only thing that is a true attraction for the iPhone is the number of accessories, like cases, that are available. With so many different android phones on the market, it is too low volume for many accessory manufacturers to enter the market. They need volume sales to up their profit margin. Apple, by keeping to 1 release of an iPhone a year, makes it more profitable for the accessory manufacturers.

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
The galaxy note 2,Droid DNA,sgs3,my one x+ and any phone released in q3/4 of 2012 beats the iPhone 5 and 4s I every aspect imo. I had to pay full retail for my one x+($580) cause I had a 2yr agreement with my previous one x. Anyways,with androids(especially my ox+) you get more bang for your buck. 64gb iPhone 5 is priced at $900ish. It's not worth it. No bloody way I'd pay nearly 1K for a phone that lacks quite a few things imo. My ox+.? Reasonably priced. Quad-core,LTE,64Gb,all that good stuff. WITHOUT the price of the iPhone.

It's no mere smartphone, it's the HTC ONE X+.
/
D:
\

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Yes, for example the mere fact that Macs cost more than PCs attracts a lot of people. They assume that because something costs more it must be better. That and the fact that they are idiot proof (world is filled with idiots). But of course making them idiot proof means you lose flexibility but the people who like iPhones wouldn't know how to take advantage of the flexibility anyhow if it required any reading or even anything more than just tapping around on the touchscreen.

The only thing that is a true attraction for the iPhone is the number of accessories, like cases, that are available. With so many different android phones on the market, it is too low volume for many accessory manufacturers to enter the market. They need volume sales to up their profit margin. Apple, by keeping to 1 release of an iPhone a year, makes it more profitable for the accessory manufacturers.

This is true until you jailbreak an iphone. Android has a lot more flexibility out of the box but I loved the freedom I had to change every aspect of my phone with just a little coding when my iphone was jail broken (before I switched over to my gs3). It does get pretty in depth tho depending what you want to change.

sr2012

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
This is true until you jailbreak an iphone. Android has a lot more flexibility out of the box but I loved the freedom I had to change every aspect of my phone with just a little coding when my iphone was jail broken (before I switched over to my gs3). It does get pretty in depth tho depending what you want to change.

With jailbreaking it takes time to jailbreak the latest iOS and there's no guarantee if and when what can be jailbreaked. Too unpredictable for me and hard or impossible to downgrade if you miss out on blobs and so on.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

tewest86

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
The galaxy note 2,Droid DNA,sgs3,my one x+ and any phone released in q3/4 of 2012 beats the iPhone 5 and 4s I every aspect imo. I had to pay full retail for my one x+($580) cause I had a 2yr agreement with my previous one x. Anyways,with androids(especially my ox+) you get more bang for your buck. 64gb iPhone 5 is priced at $900ish. It's not worth it. No bloody way I'd pay nearly 1K for a phone that lacks quite a few things imo. My ox+.? Reasonably priced. Quad-core,LTE,64Gb,all that good stuff. WITHOUT the price of the iPhone.

/
D:
\

Sorry, I disagree. I had the One X + for 2 weeks before the iPhone 5. The camera wasn't even close to the iPhone 5. It would lag on occasions. Even though it supposedly had quad core, gaming on it sucked. That's why specs don't mean jack. I had GTAIII in both phones and it played 5x as smooth on the iPhone. You can see the missed frames on the OX+. It wasn't smooth at all. I also tried NEED FOR SPEED on both and again it was smoother on iPhone 5. For some reason, all those gamed were smoother on the 5. I tried them one the OX+ and the GS3. Side by side. That's why people say. Including me, the iPhone JUST WORKS.

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I disagree. I had the One X + for 2 weeks before the iPhone 5. The camera wasn't even close to the iPhone 5. It would lag on occasions. Even though it supposedly had quad core, gaming on it sucked. That's why specs don't mean jack. I had GTAIII in both phones and it played 5x as smooth on the iPhone. You can see the missed frames on the OX+. It wasn't smooth at all. I also tried NEED FOR SPEED on both and again it was smoother on iPhone 5. For some reason, all those gamed were smoother on the 5. I tried them one the OX+ and the GS3. Side by side. That's why people say. Including me, the iPhone JUST WORKS.

Wellp.. I'd still buy it over the iPhone lol.. good day to you sir.

/
D:
\

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
LOL. Welcome to android, now in Beta, where the UI is different across each app.

You may want to check out our article on gmail shortcuts...

The guidelines are there, just not followed as they are outlined. Welcome to software development. Best practices are not always followed.

Not a product of android, get it right

Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site

Your doing something wrong then or the one x is, Need for Speed runs fine on the SGS3.

I wouldnt touch an iPhone.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Smart stay? Better camera app altogether. Pick any one of the 50 or so improvements on the sgs3. You are going to dismiss them as gimmicks, but not to me. Or you might say there is an app, why look for it and have to buy something that is already there? Why be limited to 16gb only? There are a hundred reasons why the SGS3 or the note 2 are superior to the n4.

Oh and mine doesn't buzz or shatter.

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

The iPhone is available in 16, 32, and 64 gb versions.

But to answer the original question... The iPhone will be a media darling until it becomes so apparent that even fanboys cant ignore it they apple is nothing but a greedy self rightious hypocritical company .. I don't expect that to happen anytime soon.. the fanboy contingent is too well entrenched.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I thought it ran fine to until you play it side by side with the iPhone then you see the difference.

Nope don't see it

Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I play gta3 on my skyrocket flawlessly. Its especially nice with a ps3 controller

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I play gta3 on my skyrocket flawlessly. Its especially nice with a ps3 controller

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

So do I lol I even have call of duty block ops zombies that's exclusive to the app store and my Gnex plays it flawless

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
If you want to play games save your money and buy an XBox or a PS3. Seriously I can't stand playing those kinds of games on my phone. I need a computer or console. A phone never cuts it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I agree completely, but I do get a lot of looks on the subway when I'm sitting with my xbox, TV set, and power generator.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I agree completely, but I do get a lot of looks on the subway when I'm sitting with my xbox, TV set, and power generator.
Ha ha. Point taken. I still play games just not that type. I like the quick ones you can play without wiggling around. Tower Defense, solitaire, puzzle games.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums