When will the media and public's love affair with the iPhone end?

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
If you want to play games save your money and buy an XBox or a PS3. Seriously I can't stand playing those kinds of games on my phone. I need a computer or console. A phone never cuts it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

I have 2 xbox's so I think your point is invalidated but I can't always play. So I use my phone for gaming I have a GBA, psx, and n64 emulator on my phone. Its good for quick gaming sessions as save state is quick and effective. And those systems all play flawlessly on my little 1.5ghz dual core processor with 1gig ram.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I have 2 xbox's so I think your point is invalidated but I can't always play. So I use my phone for gaming I have a GBA, psx, and n64 emulator on my phone. Its good for quick gaming sessions as save state is quick and effective. And those systems all play flawlessly on my little 1.5ghz dual core processor with 1gig ram.

I play super smash bros daily on my Gnex.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Before I get flamed by all the gamers. I was kidding. I know lots of people love gaming on their phones. It's amazing we can do it. I just find I never play those types of games on my phone. I opt to use my tablet or computer most of the time. But whatever floats your boat. Enjoy it.

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Before I get flamed by all the gamers. I was kidding. I know lots of people love gaming on their phones. It's amazing we can do it. I just find I never play those types of games on my phone. I opt to use my tablet or computer most of the time. But whatever floats your boat. Enjoy it.

No offense taken bro lol I play on mobile because I don't own a tab and can't take my laptop with me alot

mikeraba

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
The question is:"When will the media and public's love affair with the iPhone end?"
The answer is: "When the android users stop loving it and talking about it."
"I stopped using iPhone because it was sooooo boring." "Better than that piece of crap iPhone." "They're just iSheep." "Sure, iPhone is easier and it works, but you can do soooo much more with android."
I use an iPhone 4 and came to this forum to get info on the Note 2, which I think is an excellent phone. It's difficult to read over 3 mintues without seeing iPhone mentioned. If it was mentioned intellegently, it would be a good thing. Also sentences like "best phone ever", "I love my phone", "it doesn't do this, this and this the way I want it to...but it's still the best phone in history." None of that helps a person thinking about switching. You need to trump up your product to sell it. If you cut the competition down to try to make yours look good, you come off as a know-nothing-brainless-fanboy.
I'd like to hear about how things work that are important to a phone user. Call quality, text messaging, sending sms, wifi and bluetooth stability. If you have cute animated wallpaper, wonderful. That won't convert anyone over 15. Bart Simson farts for your ringtone? OK, now I'll dump the stupid locked in iPhone. I'm sure you get my drift. You guys NEVER stop talking about iPhone.
Now that that's out of the way, I plan to go to Best Buy tomorrow and pick up a Note 2 while it's on sale for $50 off.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
The question is:"When will the media and public's love affair with the iPhone end?"
The answer is: "When the android users stop loving it and talking about it."
"I stopped using iPhone because it was sooooo boring." "Better than that piece of crap iPhone." "They're just iSheep." "Sure, iPhone is easier and it works, but you can do soooo much more with android."
I use an iPhone 4 and came to this forum to get info on the Note 2, which I think is an excellent phone. It's difficult to read over 3 mintues without seeing iPhone mentioned. If it was mentioned intellegently, it would be a good thing. Also sentences like "best phone ever", "I love my phone", "it doesn't do this, this and this the way I want it to...but it's still the best phone in history." None of that helps a person thinking about switching. You need to trump up your product to sell it. If you cut the competition down to try to make yours look good, you come off as a know-nothing-brainless-fanboy.
I'd like to hear about how things work that are important to a phone user. Call quality, text messaging, sending sms, wifi and bluetooth stability. If you have cute animated wallpaper, wonderful. That won't convert anyone over 15. Bart Simson farts for your ringtone? OK, now I'll dump the stupid locked in iPhone. I'm sure you get my drift. You guys NEVER stop talking about iPhone.
Now that that's out of the way, I plan to go to Best Buy tomorrow and pick up a Note 2 while it's on sale for $50 off.
One of the best features of an Android device is how it integrates into your life. You can share and save your files, posts, images, documents, ebooks and much more without having compatibility issues. Android supports more apps and file types, allows more flexibility in customization and let's you incorporate new technology faster. You get a myriad of choices in hardware and software for less money.

Is it perfect yet? Nope. Are we still trying to spread the gospel of Android to the masses? Yup. Does that mean we have to mention the competition in order to validate why we chose Android? Absolutely. Can it get out of hand sometimes? Definitely. :thumbup::eek:

WannaBeYou

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
You guys NEVER stop talking about iPhone.
The majority of posters here never mention the iPhone unless directly asked about it in a thread like this. There are some posters who are fixated on the iPhone, but they are the small minority of posters here.

I don't have an iPhone but I do recommend it to anyone elderly or otherwise lacking in tech skills because it is much easier to learn and is more idiot proof.

I never considered an iPhone because it was not a 4G LTE device when I moved to a smartphone. Now it is, but after having my GNex for a year, I will never own a phone without an unlockable bootloader.

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
...I'd like to hear about how things work that are important to a phone user. Call quality, text messaging, sending sms, wifi and bluetooth stability. If you have cute animated wallpaper, wonderful. That won't convert anyone over 15. Bart Simson farts for your ringtone? ......Now that that's out of the way, I plan to go to Best Buy tomorrow and pick up a Note 2 while it's on sale for $50 off.

Don't underestimate the joy of hearing Bart Simpson Fart as your ringtone, u may THINK its not a big deal but once you have it you'll never want to have an ordinary ring again....lol

Seriously, i am NOT an i-phone (or an "anything" basher for that matter, its a big planet, more than enuf room for more than ONE great phone) but i can promise you that DAILY for prolly the next 3 months you will be amazed at all the things you can do with ur Note 2.

I've liked Android since inception, but in all honesty, it has had many quirks over the years. I think i can honestly say with Jellybean the quirks and shortcomings it had are about 98% gone, and the experience (for anyone with an OPEN mind) is on par (and i personally think) exceeds anything Apple has out at this time....

And with Touchwiz (NEVER thought i'd say that but it has GREAT features this time around) size, speed, screen & stylus of the Note 2 definitely puts it wayyyy out of any Android phone as well...

BTC

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Sammy did things right with the note 2. Love it so far. Switched out launchers and using nova instead cause idr like touch wiz. :p

Sent from my behemoth of a phone,the Galaxy Note II
/
D:
\

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Sammy did things right with the note 2. Love it so far. Switched out launchers and using nova instead cause idr like touch wiz. :p

/
D:
\

Behemoth? :) My Note 2 is "normal" sized. All the other phones are tiny. :)

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
For me too, I know im going to get the "that's a big *** phone " once I go back to my classes next month lol. I like it , great size :)

/
D:
\

People seem to forget that the Note 2 is part tablet. Lol

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
When I'm outside wearing gloves I love using the stylus to do anything on my note. :D

/
D:
\

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
It will stop when people finally realize that "more expensive does not always = better" and not before then.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678